xisto Community
vusay

I Hate Greenday!

Right, once and for all - Do you like Greenday?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I only like 3 green day songs after listening to most of their albums. I hate all of the people in my school that are always wearing green day shirts, and that is all they talk about. There is even a kid who has the "grenade" off the american idiot album tatooed on his arm!!Most of the people in my grade have no respect for the founding fathers of rock. I.E. - Queen, judas priest, STYX, the eagles, the doors, etc... I would like to just take all of those kids and slap them with a old Bob Segar album across the face, but I shouldn't waste a good album on them. :ph34r:

Well I'm with you I hate GreenDay, I hate the fact that they claim to be rock, but more than that I hate those annoying American Idiot hoodies that are everywhere. I also have a very slight problem with your list of 80's metal bands you missed DIO (look them up). Ronnie James Dio = God.

Ehh, I like 'em all. And what does it matter who's listening to it, as long as it's good music?

180483[/snapback]

Good point! I like greenday.

But does it really matter what you listen to? All that counts is if you like it. What does it matter if people laugh at you for likeing thinks that arent in the chart? Also music has turned into something that you 'have' to listen to.

I used to think that Greenday was fine, didn't listen to it on my mp3 player or anything but when I heard it I'd think "This isn't too bad". But then some chinese kid at our school played Green Day on his cell phone, which had speakers and then when I listened to it it was really bad ^_^ If I was to compare the "Emo/Punk" groups....Green day's nothing compared to Blink 182--Blink182 all the way!! ^_^

I used to like them, before they got overly popular.They are just a commercial band now, they could sing something as lame was "1-2-3-4 Micky rooney is a *BLEEP*" and have a thousand 10-14 year old girls crawling all over them. Its ridiculous.Ever since the song "Time of your life" came out, i think they have just gone down hill. They got a taste for fame, and it died for awhile...and then they come out with pure crap and girls swarm for it, because they died for so long that their old fans got bored with them. And kids/teens today have no ear for talent its all about looks and crappy pop-rock. Many probably dont even know that Green day isnt new, they have been around longer than 14 years, they are older than some of their fans! A girl made a post at another message board stating how Green Day took about a 10 year break...its pretty hard to take a 10 year break when their last album (Warning) before American Idiot came out in 2004 came out in 2000 im sorry i have counted it a million times, and i still only get 4 years! I just found it pretty interesting, i dont know where she got her info, but for me not to be a very big fan (not since about warning really) of Green Day and know that they never have taken a 10 year break , and she is such a big fan... I mean you dont even really need to be a big fan, you just need to be old enough to remember. I could go into great detail why Green Day sucks, but i dont feel the need to really. I dont care if other people listen to them, i like their OLD stuff..and i listen to it...its their NEW stuff i cannot stand.

the only music i really hate is country, religion, and RAP=Really Annoying Poetry!!but greenday is awsome! i dont care when their last album came out, they were the first rock group i ever heard, and they are not my favorite, papa roach is, but they are still a good band..and i do not like them because of their looks, im a straight guy..i like their music..i have two posters of them in my room, rigt next to good charlotte! lol yea i like them too

Right I am about to be ganged up on by moody mascara wearing teenagers (Right Yes I'm teenager, but pretend I havn't said that) but...

I HATE GREENDAY!

I think their for 10 year old girls. They can't sing, it's just squeeking. Aparently there's a bass player their? Listen to Sabbath for bass players!

What ever happened to good old 80's metal. Ring a bell anyone:

Metallica

Motorhead

Manowar

Pantera

Led Zeppy

Aerosmith

Judas priest!!

Argh! It makes me mad! This is not music. And the worst thing is, everyone likes it! Somebody is sitting their with their MP3 player listening to Metallica - Four Horsemen when suddenly out pops this little squeeky voice screaming 'Don't want to be and American idiot.

So come on then Kerrang loving, Mascara wearing, punk rock, greasy, acne covered people of today. Strike me with your abuse!

Hail the Great LORD DIMEBAG.

180411[/snapback]

well i like greenday +all the others u listed

I agree...I do like their music, but when I hear it everyday for three months straight, it gets rather annoying. They are so over played its sad. I even had to listen to them all during my Junior and Senior year of high school, because my class was obsessed with using their music in the videos my class did. :rolleyes:

Ever get that feeling? Mainstreem is a sad world. Never mind.

HAHAHA! I so agree. I listen to less mainstream music. I prefer the older bands, AC/DC , Led Zeplin(sorry for spelling), but there are so many other bands that aren't mainstream, mainly because people hate the music. But for the people who do like it....there's a lot.
I listen to stuff like;
Insane Clown Posse(DON'T SHOOT ME)
Twiztid
TechN9ne

And a whole bunch of others. I mean seriously, you mention those names to people, they'll blow up in your face because they don't like em.

Greenday? Never liked em, they're really annoying. And seriously they look....like posers? Never liked em, maybe the only song I liked was Bulevard of Broken Dreams, and that gets soooo old.

you know what, im sick of music discussions. PERIOD.

that being said, i think that peoples music tastes are becoming more and more rediculous. you can take any 13 year old kid, give him a guitar or a microphone, tie him down and start stabbing him, record the sounds he makes, and sell it calling it 'Punk Rock'.

this 'Punk Rock' as people like to refer to it today is -Get this- NOT PUNK! its someone trying to make a buck or become famous. take this from someone who spent 2 months traveling from cleveland 2 NYC and living in a stolen trailor in NYC with 20 dollars, punk is not about money, its not about material objects, and its DEFINATELY not about fame.

1 week ago today I (a 17 yr old) got in a fight with a fatman at mcdonalds (who seemed to be about 40 yrs old) because he didnt like my hair, so he swung at me. I in turn knocked out 6 of his teeth and broke his cheek bone... he didnt like my 11 inch spiked red hair, he was a <censored> about it, i took care of it... tell some greenday kid you dont like his makeup, and hell scream back 'my parents dont accept me for who i am!' and start to cry ( believe me, ive done this before, great fun great fun )

anyways, just to get back on topic here... greenday was good years ago, before they started making money and *vomits* wearing makeup but now, they just make music that 10 yr olds will listen to, because they know that theres no money coming from the true punk rock crowd, and that the 10 yr olds mommies will buy them anything they want just to get them to shut up so they can keep talking on their conference call or make it on time to her botox appointment.

yeah, so greenday kids (and all wannabe punks) shave your emo haircuts off, wipe off that make up, get over the fact that you really are not unique and never will be, and go ahead living your comformist life. we all know that if your trying to break conformity by doing what everyone else is doing, you end up conforming to them anyways

[/rant]

ps, if you want to see what im talking about, pm me and ill send u pics of my hawk

Just about every band you mentioned are *BLEEP* anyway - except for Pantera. They are the kings :lol::rolleyes: (RIP Dime).