xisto Community
vusay

I Hate Greenday!

Right, once and for all - Do you like Greenday?  

80 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just about every band you mentioned are *BLEEP* anyway - except for Pantera. They are the kings :lol::rolleyes: (RIP Dime).

Besides saying that the bands people mentios "suck", give some back up? What kinda music do you listen to ect.?

:P urghh you really don't know what you are talking about do you??? GREEN DAY WAS AROUND IN THE EIGHTIES!!! Duh... in the late eighties, Green Day started! They then released their first album 1039/ smoothed out slappy hours, that is an amazing tape you should listen to it, it sounds nothing like the stuff they are playing now. If you listen to all their albums: Bullet in a Bible, American Idiot, Shenanigans, International Superhits!, Warning, Nimrod., Insomniac, Dookie, Kerplunk, and 1039/smoothed out slappy hours, they all have something different about them. Their idea for American Idiot was to make something new, they wanted it to be like a big "rock opera", Billie Joe said on Vh1 story tellers. American Idiot was just a chance to show they could do something different. Billie Joe, Tre' Cool, and Mike Drnt have been in other bands too, not just Green Day. Give them a break they have came so far from a little 12 year-old garage playing band to touring all over the world. And if you don't like their new stuff try listening to smoothed out slappy hours or warning and then come back and try to come back and tell me that they are crap. I'd like to see you expand from a garage band at the age of 12, to a famous band, they have always been famous... did the music annoy you before? They have been around for a good 20 years already... and they just tried something new, I have no clue why people just notice them a year ago, but they already forgot about them the Green Day revolution is over for all the little preps pretending to be hard core punk!BYE -Steph 13 :)

Greenday is neither my favorite nor a band I hate. They're not bad, and they're not too good either. Although there are a few songs of them that I don't like. For me, Greenday is just one of the bands that I just happen to have listened to and not hate.

For the non fans or like just regular people who listen to a mix of music like me I tend to like Green Day but that's just me. I don't nkow much about their music. I like some of their songs and don't claim to be a fan or fanatic in any way.

Damn straight. The world needs ALOT more Metallica in this world and a shitload less pansy bands like Greenday with their whiny messages against America just to join a stupid bandwagon or trend for angsty 13 year olds who are at a hot-shot age.

It really seems to me reading the conversation that the only problem with Green Day is that they?re so popular right now and their songs are listened by a lot of people outside the "rock music". In my opinion is just a question of not getting obsessed with any band. I listen lots of music and I follow Green Day from almost their begginings and I suppose that?s why I like them more because I?ve seen them grow and I was really surprised that they did American Idiot (which I maintain that is a great record). But I?m not obsessed, I listen to Mars Volta, Queens of the Stone Age, Mogwai, Dresden Dolls, Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire, Wolfmother... I don?t think I?ve heard Green Day in the last six months just because I?ve got so many things to listen that I hardly get bored of anything. In fact, if I didn?t like GD, I won?t lose time hating them when there?s so much music around me. Who cares about kids who follow GD and dress fashionably and make up? Let them grow and they?ll change.PS: i haven?t heard that mash up, but I heard one Boulevard of Broken Dreams and Wonderwall of Oasis which is funny.

Edited by Sprnknwn (see edit history)

Rock like Greenday is pretty wuusy and has a fruity overtone to the way it sounds. My point remains unchanged.

Real men listen to metal. Not some stupid high-pitched angst-filled statement a 12 year old would make because his dad told him to take out the trash; "WTF AMERICA IS FULL OF IDIOTS WHAT AN IDIOT NATION"

I didn't just say all metal. I said real metal. Before it became crowded by idiots trying out their punk rock dancing or goths. Way back when, as Maddox put it in his book. When the only people playing it all had meth addictions and really bad haircuts. If manliness had a soundtrack, it would deffinitely include alot of metal.

I like Greenday alot because theyre one the only successful orignal punk bands. They also have made records with the most songs in the charts at one time and the longest album spent in the charts. Though I got theyre live CD/DVD which is very good but when you look at the main 3 guys aprt from the frummer they dont paly much theyres a whole of backgorund palyers. Antoher shock to fans that it wasnt live, it was all recorded which means they ovoiusly suck live which is shame. They always do this with hollywood pop singer lol (Brithney Spears etc.) Also, whats with Led Zep being in the 80's. I dont think they mad an album then???

The fact that all of their songs are so simplistic also bothers me. I'm not arguing their talent, but from what I see on stage/on the radio/on MTV it doesn't look like there is much work put into the guitar, because most of their songs have at least three power chords in every verse and chorus. I guess I'm the only one that this irks, but I can't stand how they're making so much money off doing something that anyone who has played guitar for a reasonable time can do... And then people have the nerve to call them punk.
;)

Yeah you are right! They have only three power chords and they dont put a lot of work in guitar but their songs sound simple and people actually like that. People are tired of metal and punk so they search for something that they can listen every day, no matter how they feel that day.

I agree, Greenday are crap....But, so are Metallica... those money grabbing copyright retards. ;)

Should throw them both into a big whole and role grenades down the side and see who is left.

I also argree with the Generation thing, im a teenager but the ammount of Greenday and Metallica hoodies i see everywere just makes me want to cry "What happend to us...".

Ever get that feeling? Mainstreem is a said world. Never mind.

Metallica is now bigger crap than Green Day. They have ruin everything after their black album and after St.Anger they have lost a lot of old fans. They say that this year will be the great year for Metallica and that their album will be better than St.Anger because they played master of puppets on tour. to tell you the truth, i dont think so.

I don't like Greenday Eather. There are many better bands out right now.
My favs:

Dave Matthews
Coldplay
Yellowcard
Maroon 5

Sorry man but i dont think that this bands are much better than GD. Coldplay has guitar that sound like crap and Maroon 5 also.

The conclusion of the whole topic: we can complain a lot on todays music scene but guys from GD or other commercial bands dont care. Music is today a great business and GD apparently found that thing they have been looking for over 15 years. Have you seen how many people was in england on their concert? I think they wont stop playing while they are selling their cds. I agree with someone, today you can see a lot of kids wearing GD shirts and makeup but they dont know what is the real punk. They call them self punker but they have never heard for The Clash, Sex Pistols... Sad but true. This world is right now going to no where with music. We need someone to bring back the old fame to rock n roll music. I hope i ll be alive when this happens! Cheers

Music today has become more about making money and less about providing a service to the people. It used to be that people would make music to entertain the public. With bands like Green Day, they don't care about their music, as long as people will buy their CDs. There is no shortage of saps that will buy their music, though. No one really cares about how it sounds, as long as it was GD.

I hate Green Day too! And I guess that a majority of Xisto members do too! Yea!

I like Green Day. I don't love them but I don't hate them either. If I had to pick the best CD that they've done so far, "American Idiot" wouldn't have the number-one spot. "Dookie" would, though. :PMy big problem is that I'm 25 and am already sounding like my parents. Urk. I didn't think that I would EVER say, "Yeah, well, music was a lot better when I was a teenger." The horrifying thing about this? I'm right. Back in the 90s, when grunge and alt rock ruled the day, I could actually tell all of the bands apart. Now I turn on the radio and honestly have no clue. Half of 'em sound exactly the same.Oh - and metal in general is awesome. I'm not a huge fan of anything that Metallica's done since "Load," but give me Pantera and Ozzy :DAnd don't get me started on that emo garbage, either. If I have to hear Bright Eyes one more time I'm going to give their lead singer something to cry about.

Right I am about to be ganged up on by moody mascara wearing teenagers (Right Yes I'm teenager, but pretend I havn't said that) but...
<span style='color:red'>I HATE GREENDAY!</span>

I think their for 10 year old girls. They can't sing, it's just squeeking. Aparently there's a bass player their? Listen to Sabbath for bass players!

What ever happened to good old 80's metal. Ring a bell anyone:

Metallica
Motorhead
Manowar
Pantera
Led Zeppy
Aerosmith
Judas priest!!

Argh! It makes me mad! This is not music. And the worst thing is, everyone likes it! Somebody is sitting their with their MP3 player listening to Metallica - Four Horsemen when suddenly out pops this little squeeky voice screaming 'Don't want to be and American idiot.

So come on then Kerrang loving, Mascara wearing, punk rock, greasy, acne covered people of today. Strike me with your abuse!

Hail the Great LORD DIMEBAG.

i think Greenday is a great band who has also made a great transition in their music. From being a punk band to a good alternative rock band now, they are great. Tho I do preffer more of their early 90's music I still think that have gotten alot of great quality stuff and they are very popluar.

One thing is you can compare them to the 80's metal list you made, Green day isnt and never will probably be a metal band, besides those 80's metal bands are gone, bands like them are just rare now in days, everyone plays alternative rock ,, and to tell you the truth there is only a small hand full of good rock bands right now. Most suck and most sound exactly the same to the point where you really cant tell who it is you are listening to.. but either way greenday is still good in my books..

yea so i basically just registered to this thing just to reply to this and say THANK GOD SOMEONE ELSE HATES GEEN DAY AS MUCH AS ME. like i dont thinki ive ever hated a band so much (except coldplay ew) and wat pisses me off is how everyone loves them, all these die hard 16 year old *BLEEP* heads. and how they all say green days "punk" thats *BLEEP* theres nothing punk about them ther so *BLEEP*ing mainstream my 81 year old grampa knos who they are and he dosnt even own a tv! if i was a true punk band i would be so pissd off green days ruining punks rep. real punk bands would beat the *BLEEP* outta those mtv loving pussies. and i love how u posted this its such a relif i was starting to think i was the only one who wasnt brainwashed by the *BLEEP*.

if u kids evr wanna hear reall punk look up exploited, the casualties, dead kennedys, sex pistols, anti flag, these are the real punk bands that green day is copying. so wake up and realize green day SUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKSSSSS

=]