xisto Community
navigate

Which Gta Game Is The Best?

Well, for new players to GTA San Andreas the missions will be complicated and a little difficult, although as you go through the story missions etc the hardest mission I thought "End of the Line" was quite difficult. I failed "Lifes a beach" over 5 times, and that Low Rider competition was quite difficult aswell. Can never get the hang of it fully. :D

As I'm more a retro gamer, personally for me, I think that the first GTA was one of the best, then GTA 2 was really great, I played them both for quite a lot of time when I was younger, but I didn't play any further versions, even though I saw my friends playing it and talking about it ;]

Also I played Payback, which is a similar game to GTA, I played it on my Amiga, you can find out more about Payback here: http://www.apex-designs.net/

It was originally made for the Amiga, later ported to a lot of different platforms and devices. :D

So for me it's GTA, GTA2 and Payback, because those games got me addicted for some time and I really liked to play them at those times..

I think the best is GTA: San Andreas. Why?

Because it's more interesting than other two parts of the game (Vice City and GTA III)...

GTA III is interesting, too but it's kinda dark... Vice city is also cool, but you don't have a lot of possibilities, as you have on San Andreas. San Andreas graphics are ideal, too. Posted Image

i agree with you

i love GTA San Andreas, especially since me and my friend can play multiplayer

Myself is Parth Singhal I am from BITS pilani and I read in BHS means Birla High secondry school and I am in class 6th and Gta san adress is the best game because it is so interesting and  good and I also like it but thee GTA vice city is also good and the san aadress is also good because it has more cheat codes and if you want cheat code you can write in http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Gta vice city cheat codes or GTA scan adress cheat codes.AndI say the san adress is the best.

-reply by Parth Singhal

I've played ALL versions of GTA with different mods. And the best GTA i gotta say is GTA SUN Andreas (with the Macedonian mod). It's made for my country and in it there are avrage macedonian cars, macedonian stores etc. So GTA Sun Andreas

I have a kind of order in which GTA games I like best :P

1. GTA: San Andreas

If there was any such thing as "the perfect game" then this is it! Not only do you have the biggest area ever (in gaming history, I'm sure...) to roam at your will... The missions are great and you have alot of stuff you can do. People like to complain about the size only being so big because most of it is countryside/desert but I find that a GOOD thing!! The countryside is fun to roam, especially when you believe some of the myths, lol... And the desert is great to race around on a bike for eternity. If it was all city, that'd be cool too... But I enjoy jumping off the huge mountain and roaming all 3 cities. To be honest, each time I play I usually stick to one of the 5 areas (3 cities, 1 countryside, 1 desert) because by the time I've finished having fun in one, I've played for long enough to just finish :D

Not to mention the modding capabillities... Whoo!

2. GTA: III

There's something I just love about the simplicity of GTA III. Even the blurry newspapers blowing across the street, which doesn't happen in any other GTA game... The theme and style is just classic and this is always my 2nd favourite GTA so far!

3. GTA: 2

Going back in time, GTA 2 is great. I love the gang-choice system and the amount of mayhem you can cause by rapidly shooting anyone, anything, anywhere. The features may be limited and when I think about it, this game is very restricted... But there's just something about the arcade style of it that I love.

4. GTA: London

This was my first GTA. I bought it seperately for Playstation. I used to play it every day for hours. Just roaming around with my selection of about 6 guns and shooting the hell out of everything, everywhere! I will always have a soft spot for this GTA, but I doubt I'd choose it over the other things that are on offer.

5. GTA: Vice City

People say that Vice City is one of the best GTA's out there... But there is something that just doesn't quite meet the criteria for me. I've not played it that much, so maybe I'll learn to like it more when I play it more. But usually, a GTA game get's me hooked within the first few minutes. Everything is there in Vice City... But it feels like a bad version of GTA 3 for me. I'm sure it's a good game though!

6. GTA: IV

GTA IV... Long awaited. It changed everyones thoughts about GTA. Alot of new fans of GTA occured and alot of old fans of GTA were lost. I'm one of those people who think that GTA should have kept it's GTA III engine. Or at least kept alot of the things that were featured in it. Don't get me wrong, GTA IV is a great game. But in terms of GTA... It scores low. GTA is so much better than this and to me it's a completely different game, but with the same title. I guess it just looses the few last traces of it's "classic" style. And breaks into just another one of those modern games for me. Maybe I'm just too oldskool. But especially in terms of features, GTA IV is wayy down on the scale.

7. GTA: 1

GTA 1. At the bottom. Not because I think it's bad. It's great! But I wouldn't really play it. It's not the old, 2D thing I don't like... I just think if I was going to go back to a classic GTA, I'd go with GTA 2 or GTA London.

Best Features?

San Andreas, definately.

Best Map?

San Andreas!

Best Physics?

I do like the GTA IV physics... But it's not what I want in GTA. I'd rather play a different game with ragdoll-ness.

GTA III is one I find great with physics in many ways... Except you can't "fly" as much in a car.

For me, it's a cross between San Andreas and GTA III!

Best Graphics

San Andreas features some of the most cheesy and badly made textures ever... But somehow, it looks good in-game. Most of the textures just need looking over and maybe modifying a little... The textures are not so good, but the effects are great! Not the particles, just the lighting and the way stuff looks altogether (in PC version). The features the best made textures, above the weapons and characters (which I think are absolutely horrible!). I love the way the floor looks when it's raining and dark. And the way the sunset looks in the desert etc.

GTA III also seems to have nice effects... Everything just feels right in both games. Warm and comforting. Whereas I find GTA IV doesn't feel calm.

A cross between San Andreas and GTA III, again!

Most Original

Definately has to be GTA III or the older, 2D games!

Best Moments!

I found San Andreas to have the best moments... Like the last mission and the last cutscene, where all of the main characters pull out their gun...

I also found GTA London to have pretty good moments too, suprisingly :D

Best Main Characters

I do like Niko Bellic... He's a pretty good character. But all in all, I like CJ's humor and wit.

"You learn pretty fast with the police on your *bottom*."

"You do know I'm black right? And not Chinese."

Response to girlfriend: "Yeah, yeah..."

Claude is also cool... Because he doesn't talk... Yet at the same time, that's a bad thing. There's alot of possibilities, lost.

Best Other Characters

San Andreas has the wackyest, most varied collection of characters. From masturbation-addicts to hardcore conspiricists and geeks... San Andreas has the best characters from the previous games too!

And that basically sums up my GTA preferences :)

Edited by SpiderVV (see edit history)

Vice City. Although I love GTA IV, and CTW to me Vice City just oozes style, and character. IMO no other game touches it in these two areas.What I love about Vice City is it's old school GTA. There's no micro management *BLEEP* in it like GTA IV, or SA.In Vice City I can play it without worrying about maintaining virtual relationships, or keeping other gangs away from my territory. It's just me, and the city.

Adding that post of mine, I also like IV. Since I re-did it three times I got bored, the story is always the same and the city just starts to be boring. As I stated, I play GTA San Andreas because of the modding and better playability, this meaning better FPS counts (Around 80 outside and 100 inside interiors) and now that I have an Endorphin animation mod and a GTAIV vehicles mod, it's even better. :) It's like LC in SA.Talking about LC in SA, I also pass my time with GTA: United, which is a great mod. I was waiting for one called Gostown 7 but the developers seemed to leave it as it was too much work since 2003 when they first made it for Vice. And other thing I pass time with, Design Your Own Mission, a great CLEO mod to make your own missions and submit them to a site if you want... Ahh, good days they are.

I too agree with everyone. GTA San Andreas is the best gta !! Bcoz of its graphics, textures, features etc.. But I say GTA Vice City has the best weather feeling which is not in san andreas and vice city's story is more awesome and the missions are fun to play. Vice City is the best city!

We all dream vice city to come back with a new storyline, new engine and with san andreas like features!

-reply by Prince_Siva

I remember the day when I purchase the GTA Vice City my first game of the GTA series. That was the best buy for me. I like that game very much and after finishing that game I buy GTA San Andreas which is much much better than Vice City. San Andreas have everything that needs to be in a game better gameplay, better graphics, tougher missions i.e a lot of enjoyment. So, my best game of the GTA Series is GTA San Andreas. ;) Unfortunately I can't play the Gta 4, the latest game of the series because to play this game I will have to upgrade my system which I can't afford at this time. :P ?Hopefully in the next few months I will be upgrading my system.

Not a huge fan on Grand Theft Auto anymore, when I was younger I used to excessively play it.

Grand Theft Auto:

Crummy 2d graphics was something we loved to see, it was before the time of true 3d gaming, something that we won't ever see again.

Grand Theft Auto 2 Series:

The same graphics as GTA1 but had some extra effects, an actual storyline and the fun that we'd expect from the newer GTA's.

Grand Theft Auto 3:

True 3d game, Free-roam mayhem and a whole new perspective on the GTA world. Proper plot lines were introduced which gave the game real atmosphere. GTA3 is based in Manhattan, New York. Revolutionized the world of gaming and crime :P

Grand Theft Auto Vice City:

The only GTA with a real story, then again it slightly ripped off Scarface. Then again this is my favorite GTA game.

Grand Theft Auto San Andreas:

An update to the GTA Series, better graphics and more interactive and wild world. Still based on a island, and this time includes mirror cities of Las Vegas, San Francisco, and Los Angelas.

Grand Theft Auto 4:

The final stepping stone to the GTA series in my opinion, I haven't played it much though. Apparently also got rated 10 out of 10 of most of the polls/reviews I saw. Awesome Graphics/Story and release :P

Also I finally want to point out that all of the GTA's are based on an island ;)

I feel GTA3 is the best one of them all. Okay not so great on the graphics front and all but it was exhilarating to play in the 3D environment for the first time. After GTA2 everyone was waiting for a good sequel and GTA3 delivered! That's why it is my favourite of all the games in the series so far. The other ones are good as well, but they failed to hold my interest after a while - maybe that's because they were way too long!

I think vice city is the best gta ever because every aspect of the game shines in its own right. The story is appealing and very well told. While some people may think it's short they obviously haven't completed the wealth of side missions and business opportunities it has to offer. Combined, they have delivered a greatly compelling and exiting gaming experience that san andreas could only dream of delivering. The characters are all layered (Umberto, any one?) and each play an indispensable role in making the whole that is vice city I have spent well half a decade playing this awesome game that constantly surprises me an sucks me in further every time. The sunny weather of palm tree infested haven quickly saved me from what was the dark, grim and rainy reality of GTA III's Liberty City (albeit somewhat improved in LCS). To this day, the thought of riding through Prawn Island on my PCJ-600 with the radio tuned in on Lazlow, while my MP5 spray's lead at the poor man that made the mistake of cutting me off while the sun sets on the horizon still sends shivers down my spine. THAT, is truly the beaty of vice city-reply by Zarocc

GTA SA is pretty good you have a lot of of possibilities to mod, cheat and all that crap but the best game is GTA 4 you cant really cheat the graphic is awesome, the story is great realistic. Te best thing is the realistic. After I played I went to NY and I actually could find sometimes the way because I played the way you could say it is funny and educating ;)

-reply by Moritz J?ger

Without any doubt GTA IV is the best from the series and.. I've played them all... all the way back to GTA 1 with the up camera view.. horrible , but great for it's time.

Posted Image

Then in GTA 2 i remember it was the same camera view , improved graphics , a better story and even a good multiplayer LAN mode , i used to play it at an internet caffe with friends, much more fun then playing it at home :P).

Posted Image

When GTA 3 showed up it was like a BOMB , after everyone was used with that horrible camera and GTA3 bringing the 3rd person view it was just a big step forward. Not to mention the size of the city(all 3 of them) and all the tricks that just make the game more interesting. I remember there was the broken bridge in the start of gta 3 that in order to get fixed you were obligated to make all the missions and after that the bridge would re-open so you can go to second town hehe...the guys at the i.Caffe told me a trick on how to get in second town faster without finishing all the missions.

Either with the car "Sabre" i think .. or the easier choice.. with the THANK :D)) the password was panzer , I'm not sure.

Posted Image

With the thank it was possible to fly from First City , all the way to the Airport from the third city.. this never gets old , it was so much fun. Now if I'd play it again i'd probabily not like it as much as back them because of the age diference , MINE and the Game's one.. :D)

After GTA 3 it was Vice City's turn to make an impact. This brand new game had an important advantage as opposed to it's precedent , the fact that it had MOTORCYCLES and the abily to drive on the back wheel , ride it while standing .. again very fun :D.

Posted Image

The missions were also complex like just like in GTA3. I remember a very cool mission when you would have to kill this mob guy and take his house.. which had the fastest car in the game in the garrage and a Helicopter on the roof.

After Gta Vice City , San Andreas came up and like GTA4 is now , when San Andreas was launched it seemed the perfect game. It was a game with absolute freedom , that's what made it so special. Everything was SOLID , not like the other old GTA"s , in this one you could not walk through walls , threes and sometimes even building , they were all heavy built , giving the game a feeling of realism.

I remember i found a mod for san andreas called , San Andreas Nigh Crimes . People were saying it's a russian version because of the weird language pack but with a few modifications in Data files everything got back to english.

What was interesting about this mod were the cars , which were all real and cool , BMW 7 Series (Both new and old) , 3 Series , M3 , Audi A4 , A 6 , Lamborghini Murcielago , Gallardo , Nascar rides , Real motorcycles , scooters, Boats , real planes and helicopters.. the one that the U.S Army have.

Another great thing about San Andreas was the password with the Jetpack (ROCKETMAN) , this gave you absolute freedom around all the map , you could fly everywhere you wanted , on the tallest building , mountain , and jump with the parachute from up there :D).

Posted Image

This version of GTA was the one i played the most and If GTA 4 would work better on my nVidia 8500GT this would be my favourite gta.. but since i can't play it , I'll stick to san andreas.

And the last and brand new GTA IV. This version i mainly played on my Xbox 360(that i sold later on) . I stil have the original disc for xbox360 but since i don't own the console anymore it's completly useless... and also no one wants to buy it. I got GTA 4 and NBA Live 2009 original discs doing nothing but lyring on my desk for almost a year :D).

Anyway , about GTA 4 , it has without a doubt the best graphics from all the serie , it's normal beeing the last on the market , probabily not the best story , great cars that drive realistically and the biggest gameplay areea size from all other gtas.

I was lucky enough to have the privillage of playing GTA 4 once in multiplayer on Xbox Live. IT'S AWESOME , better the counterstrike or any other multiplayer game. Until i tried this i used to think that CS 1.6 was the best online game but i was so wrong.. :P GTA4 rules.

Too bad it has such big requirements for the PC version. Needs powerfull video cards.. i heard that on 8600.. which normally it should still be OK for most games , it's not enough for GTA 4. Too bad...

Posted Image

Bottom Line , SAN ANDREAS is the winner.