xisto Community
wakelim

Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong? your views

Is homosexuality (being gay) OK or not?  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think that Homosexuality is WRONG, BUT we should all understand what the words right and wrong actually mean in this case. Of course it is nobody's fault to be a gay, but is someone today really a gay by nature or is he a product of society and mass media?? Is the increasing amount of gay people today right or wrong? These are the main sub-questions that will help us answer the main question of right and wrong. In my opinion, a very small amount of people today are gay by nature. In nature we do find rare examples when certain animals are homosexual, but these happens very rarely. So, if today the number of gay people is increasing, something is happening and nature is the last to change for sure! What is happening then? In my opinion, the vast majority of gay people nowaydays are simple products of our modern society. Just look around you, in a few years, maybe it will be so cool and unique to be a gay that everybody will want to be homosexual. So is homosexuality solely a call of nature or maybe something that is being put in poor human's heads by today's society via mass media? Lets go to the main question of this debate - Is homosexuality right or wrong? I voted for wrong and that is because today being gay became something too normal. Even more than that, gay people are often treated like superhumas that should not be touched and whose rights are constantly violated. Mostly we find the media reporting on how bad are governments, because they do not let two fathers or two mothers raise children, which are definetly not THEIR children, because that is only possible if male species has sex with female species. The fact is, that media rarely puts itself on the side of more traditionaly oriented experts who claim that this is against the nature. So I asked myself: ?Why?? Are all that media-sponsored pro-gay movements indisputably right or is it the all-permeating-industry behind it all?In the background all this gay-boom is sponsored by large industries that promote gay-world and create gay-clothing, gay-look. Just think about the way you feel when you see someone dressed in a certain ?gay? way. Even if you are extremely tolerant, deep inside you, you know that this person looks gay-like. What I'm trying to say is, that these images of gay people and how they look, how they behave and how their body language looks, is a product of society and was created in our heads by manipulative industrial powers through mass-media that fully support pro-gay movements.If everybody were homosexual, our civilization would end in a single generation! That is a simple and definite fact that is usually forgotten. And this is one of the reasons why it is wrong; it is something that happens in nature, but is simply not normal. It is an anomaly just like as many others. THE ONE THING, ALL THESE ANOMALIES SHARE, IS, THAT THEY ARE RARE!!! And as long as homosexuality is rare, nothing is wrong with it. BUT today, society is trying to tell us that this is a normal thing and that it is the same to be homosexual or heterosexual, producing mass images of gay people, making gay parades - and consequently there are more gay people than there would be without that industry. Things got out of control and many young people who have troubles finding themselves as teenagers find homosexuality as an OK-choice of self-image; and that is when homosexuality isn't that rare anymore and this is where homosexuality becomes wrong!Of course, we cannot do anything about it, because it is a process that comes with "development" of each and every society. It is a matter of question, if that is truly a development! Homosexuality is a normal side-product of our today's open way of thinking that is far too liberal, too open. To put it simple, things went from traditional rigid limits to complete liberal freedom and that went too far, resulting in a society without any prohibitions and completely without basic values. Just as homosexuality should not be forbidden, so it should not become something that is similar to heterosexuality, becoming an equal identity-choice for today's teenagers. So this is today's situation. What can we do about it? Is there anything at all we can do? Yes, we can change ourselves! We are the ones that let the outer world trouble us, we are the ones that hate and love people around us and we get attached to material, transitory objects. If we manage to release ourselves from these attachments, we are happy - nothing binds us anymore to this unstable world full of suffering and illusory happiness that ends the next moment after it happens...There is much more to be said on the subject and many evidences could be included in this text, but I'll leave that for some other time. I hope that explains my attitude towards today's homosexuality at least a little...Best whishes to all *person*- and heterosexuals!:lol:

Edited by heavensounds (see edit history)

It's hard to stat that being homosexual is wrong. It's not a choose people have made, nor can they change it. Also, there is very little harm in it, as it has excisted far longer then people think. In fact, in acient Greece homosexuality among soldiers was encouraged. This mostly because it gave them something to fight for (each other). And a person fighting out of love is usually considered stronger then a person fighting out of hate. This because you have less to worry about if you have something you are fighting for, rather then something you are fighting against. A person dying for love is mostly seen as a hero, while someone dying for revenge is mostly seen as having failed his target. My point is, homosexuality has always been around, it's just discussed more openly now. But that doesn't make it a thread for the well being of others, or mankind. So I don't consider it to be wrong.

It's not right or wrong -- it's a choice. You can't place an opinion on someone's personal choice and deem it, with your "absolute power" to be right or wrong. As someone before me said, it just "is". I personally approve of homosexuality, gay rights, and gay marriage, because I feel that we shouldn't discriminate against anyone because of their sexual preference, their race, or their culture. The Bible does not rule the world, so people who base their judgments on that are inherently biased by being Christian, and therefore bound to the "good book". The Westboro Baptist Church, which warps homosexuality into something terrible and evil, is maneuvered by hatred and coercion. When you see these religious forces trying to put a stop to homosexuality -- although it's a fact of life, and not something religion can or SHOULD control -- you just have to wonder why.Why is it evil? Because you said so? Because your religion tells you so? How do you know the truth?Because we're all incapable of perfection, none of us are properly qualified to speak the "truth". So let's speak life. Homosexuality "is" and gay individuals should never be persecuted -- not unless you want to open yourself to the same persecution for a similar choice you make throughout your life.

I was on this one place with some people I know, until these freaks came in and started dissing gays, and calling them *BLEEP* and animals and stuff. I was so disgusted , is there really anything wrong with being gay? What do you think?I don't think there is anything wrong with being gay.It's someone choice, and America/or other country hasn't the right to take that away from people (religon pending). I'm not gay my self, but I wish people wouldn't be so ignorant and stupid about it. They are people too.And if it's not affecting you, why go after them? And plus, how does that make them a bad person? Yes, somepeople DO think the are bad persons, obviously, since all this is on the news and everything, and all these billboards keep popping that say 'Ex-Gays can play it straight' or something rediculous like that. Why people are homosexual? I don't know, I don't see anything attractive in the same gender.What do you think of being gay?Hmm, I think this should be in the Debate section.. sorrymoved to the debate section

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Merged with existing topic. Search the forum please.

Yes it is wrong to be gay it is just trend at least I see it that way. However I am having really good reason why I dislike gays they cannot produce ofsprings. Which is major problem in the developed countries and gay population is mostly developed in this countries. So to say developed countries have small natality and gays are just making it lower. I would make gays illegal or at least have them pay large amount of taxes that way they would have to make children. And the money collected from the taxes would go to the funds for raising children or however it is called.

I believe that homosexuality is okay, but it is neither right or wrong, because it is both.It is wrong because this type of sex does not produce offspring which we need to survive. Though it is good because of this aspect as well, the world is overpopulated and the more offspring we have the less resources we have = bad thing.In my view, I don't hold being gay against anyone because it is what they choose. And as an American I believe 'to each his own.' @Hitmanblood - you say homosexuality is a trend? Homosexuality has been around since the Greeks (and I'm sure long before them as well). You know what Christmas really is/was? It is a Pagan holiday in which the men used to give gifts to each other and engage in homosexual orgies. In the old days many men were homosexual and had a wife.

I personally see nothing wrong with being gay since, though I would never take it up the butty (Ali G quote lol), it is other peoples decision and the USA is a free country so what right does the government have to stop you? Why not marry someone if your attracted to them? If the reason you think it's wrong is because your religion says it is then ffs question your religion! I am not really religious and try as hard as I can to avoid the church (boring sermons). If you don't like gays for whatever reason keep it to yourself because if for some reason everyone turned gay and decided to outlaw being straight (not taking into the account the fact it would be impossible to have children..) you would probably be pretty pissed off.

I would make gays illegal or at least have them pay large amount of taxes that way they would have to make children. And the money collected from the taxes would go to the funds for raising children or however it is called.

I feel like i can shoot you in the face and feel no remorse at all!!!

Gay people pay taxes just as much as straight people do so why in the *BLEEP* should they pay more taxes just because they cannot produce offspring??!?!?!?

Do you have ANY IDEA how many foster children there are out there. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA how many foster children there would be if there weren't gay people, who are not capable of producing offspring, to adopt them just so they can have a kid to call their own??!?!?

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA how quickly the worlds population is growing. DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA that if we keep reproducing at the rate that we are soon there will not be enough natural resources in the world for it's inhabitants to consume??

Apparently you don't because your incompetence clearly shows that you know nothing about it.

If it weren't for the fact that 35% of the worlds population were gay, there would be an exponential growth in people overwhelming the worlds natural resources. If it weren't for the fact that 35% of the worlds population was gay there would most likely be 4-6 times the amount of foster children that there are in the world.

Well you failed to see my point on both taxes and the offspring. I was considering western civilization tthat is developed countries where the most gay population is in fact. And such coountries have negative natality meaning that theirs population number is shrinking this is fact. The increase in the overall world population does not come from the developed countries but rather underdeveloped ones. And this was thing what I was discussing. Also most of the gays in the world usually live alone and tend to live alone especially in those countries where gay merriges are not yet legal. And I have never heared that gay couple adopt child and this is also thing to consider to give some childe to gay couple because it will become gay after time. And this is not good environment for child to grow.Also I was saying that money from extra taxation would go to the mothers with 2 or more children.Hopefully you don't target good. ;)

Also I was saying that money from extra taxation would go to the mothers with 2 or more children.

still pure bullock, that is discrimination and that is exactly why a university created the "Day of Silence" for people who do not believe that people of a different sexual orientation should be discriminated against and doing this would do exactly that/
Having gays pay extra taxes would be like making black people pay extra taxes just because they are black..... it's discrimination and should not be allowed.

It's just not logical..... If a mom has two kids and needs help financially, they already rely on welfare, they should need to rely on the gay population to pay for their kids... it's bad enough that the tax payers are paying for other peoples welfare.

The increase in the overall world population does not come from the developed countries but rather underdeveloped ones.

....if you think the increase in overall world population is not coming from the developed countries (like US, Canada, UK, France, Italy, china, japan, Russia, and other big countries) but coming from the underdeveloped countries or third world countries then there is a great problem with your head..... because it is not true..... most of the worlds population comes from developed countries, the large ones..... they are near the same but the developed countries are ahead by a bit

Also most of the gays in the world usually live alone and tend to live alone especially in those countries where gay marriages are not yet legal.

I don't know where you live but i have many gay & lesbian people in my family and they all live with their boyfriends / girlfriends as well as many gay / lesbian friends who have boyfriends and girlfriends who live with a loved one......

And I have never heared that gay couple adopt child

Do you get out much? Have you noticed company's allowing the adoption of children into homosexual family's...

this is also thing to consider to give some child to gay couple because it will become gay after time. And this is not good environment for child to grow.

That is a small thing to consider because even if the parents of the child try to persuade the child to like members of the same sex rather than members of the opposite sex as the kid grows older and hits puberty, he will be able to decide by himself what he or she likes and what he or she doesn't like. the world is not a good environmental place for kids to be in right now...... there are gangs that parents have to worry about their children going into and drugs that parents have to worry about and much more things. Whether the child is grown in a gay environment or a straight environment is the least of the worries. Just because you don't like the fact that someone can like members of the same sex doesn't mean that everything regarding homosexuals is bad

I think that this is wrong, not because I think that it's disgusting (i really don't) but I am quite a religious person. So because of that I am against it just like I support excecution and stoning. Well anyway, Gay marriage should be outlawed. I know that this may sadden some of you but it is the way to go

I dont see anything wrong with homosexuality as long as they dont bother me everything is ok, although I find lesbians or bisexual girls as sexy or somthing. The thing I really find gross and sickening are the transvestites, the guys that look like girls and have operations and stuff.

I completly aggree with this guy, i'm fine with it but if they bother me, it's a whole another deal.

still pure bullock, that is discrimination and that is exactly why a university created the "Day of Silence" for people who do not believe that people of a different sexual orientation should be discriminated against and doing this would do exactly that/

Firstly I am not discriminating anyone I was just stating my opinion with valid arguments. And if you cannot acept this then it is your problem while whatsoever you don't have any arguments against mine. Nor was I saying that someone is stupid or bad looking or that someone should be exterminated. this would be discrimination. Is it discrimination when people in china with more then two or in some provinces one child have to pay tax or when none married people have to pay tax in some nordic countries it is not it is natality policy of any developed government.

Having gays pay extra taxes would be like making black people pay extra taxes just because they are black..... it's discrimination and should not be allowed.

This is certainly not the same I was not being racial as homosexual are not race and if they were they would not last long ;) This was joke hopefully you don't see it as offense. If so then I appologise.

It's just not logical..... If a mom has two kids and needs help financially, they already rely on welfare, they should need to rely on the gay population to pay for their kids... it's bad enough that the tax payers are paying for other peoples welfare.....if you think the increase in overall world population is not coming from the developed countries (like US, Canada, UK, France, Italy, china, japan, Russia, and other big countries) but coming from the underdeveloped countries or third world countries then there is a great problem with your head..... because it is not true..... most of the worlds population comes from developed countries, the large ones..... they are near the same but the developed countries are ahead by a bit

It is not bad that tax payers pay to the moms that is parents who have more then one child or however it depends on country. Because this has to be done as if everyone are going for the carear and for the money then west civilization would be exterminated in the next 50 years, as we wouldn't have anyone to continue our path and we would be overrun by sum Arab guy who has four women(which is kinda not bad at all).

OK this is really bad I am discussing economical issuses here with guy who can see difference between developed and underdeveloped country.

Here is some data to compare.

No | Country | GDP per capita | Population below poverty line | Population growth rate
1. US $43,500 12% 0.91% (DEVELOPED)
2. Canada $35,200 6.4% 0.88% (DEVELOPED)
3. UK $31,400 17% 0.28% (DEVELOPED)
4. France $30,100 6.2% 0.35% (DEVELOPED)
5. China $7,600 10% 0.59% (NOT DEVELOPED COUNTRY)
6. India $3,700 25% 1.38% (NOT DEVELOPED COUNTRY)
7. Indonesia $3,800 17.8% 1.41% (NOT DEVELOPED COUNTRY)

I would like to point out how wrong you are as most increase in population is from muslim countries then China and India and Indonesia so you see how many people numbers are growing in the third world and in the second world hopefully you get it in comparison to the developed countries where population is smaller that is there are less people population is elder and more over it has always less then 1 and mostly less then 0.5 percantage in some countries even negative.

And you can easily compare it with china, India and Indonesia which increase in size yearly is approximately 30,000,000 which in fact is half of the France population. So you see how wrong you are.

I don't know where you live but i have many gay & lesbian people in my family and they all live with their boyfriends / girlfriends as well as many gay / lesbian friends who have boyfriends and girlfriends who live with a loved one......Do you get out much? Have you noticed company's allowing the adoption of children into homosexual family's...
That is a small thing to consider because even if the parents of the child try to persuade the child to like members of the same sex rather than members of the opposite sex as the kid grows older and hits puberty, he will be able to decide by himself what he or she likes and what he or she doesn't like. the world is not a good environmental place for kids to be in right now...... there are gangs that parents have to worry about their children going into and drugs that parents have to worry about and much more things. Whether the child is grown in a gay environment or a straight environment is the least of the worries. Just because you don't like the fact that someone can like members of the same sex doesn't mean that everything regarding homosexuals is bad

Well I heared for adoption agencies and not for companies. And I have read now several at apa and they are indicating that homosexual parents can be good parents however it is still not clear whether they are influencing their child to take their path. But I would like to say that for someone to become homosexual is important environmental variable as the first factor.

Hopefully you see how your respons was bad and without any real facts and all facts you write were just from your head and from anywhere else. You should check them before write them to the forum and try to lie to the others providing misinformation.

Firstly I am not discriminating anyone I was just stating my opinion with valid arguments.

You may be stating your opinion, but you are suggesting that your opinion be put into action by the government. And if it were to be put into action by the government, that would be considered discrimination against the homosexual community, whether it be.
Definition of discrimination from wikepedia

it is action based on prejudice resulting in unfair treatment of people. To discriminate socially is to make a distinction between people on the basis of class or category without regard to individual merit. Examples of categories on which social discrimination is seen include race, religion, gender, weight, disability, ethnicity, height, employment circumstances, sexual orientation and age.

EMPHASIZE the sexual orientation, and to make a distinction between the straight people in the world, and the gay people in the world would therefor be considered discrimination...

Now what you were opinionizing is that homosexuals should pay more taxes than what they already pay.. that would be making a distinction between straight and gay people.....

It is not bad that tax payers pay to the moms that is parents who have more then one child or however it depends on country

How is that not bad? the tax payers of America already have their own kids to pay for, their own taxes to pay for, and their own expenses to pay for, so why should they pay for the lives of other people who cannot afford it on their own?

@ your proof, the GDP per capita | Population below poverty line really doesn't have anything to do with this argument but w/e.

i congrat you on proving that the growth rate in undeveloped countries are very different and higher than that of the developed countries.

But even if this is so, we should be thankful that the population rate isn't very high in countries like the united states. my main concern about homosexuality is the US, not other countries. we should be thankful that the population increase rate isn't as high as other countries because if we didn't have many of the homosexuals in America that do not produce offspring, then our population growth rate will most likely be higher than what it is now, making it to where the united states natural resources for living are being used up.....
Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)