xisto Community
wakelim

Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong? your views

Is homosexuality (being gay) OK or not?  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong? - your views

Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong?

Its there choice. Jus let them be. It doesn't affect us.

Peace

-reply by kristian

Is homosexuality wrong?

Replying to wakelim

No I do not think it is wrong. The way I see it is that people are attracted to who that are attracted to. I am a striaght person, but if another person wants to get with the same sex I don't have a problem with that I feel it is there choice and as long as they are happy I am happy for them.

Right let me get one thing straight I have several relatives that are gay my cousin included and I get on well with him and i know this is an old topic but found it and the no. of not okays makes me wonder why the world isn't even more screwed up than it already is... I don't care if its because your religious or whatever if you hate gays your an idiot and a waste of space!Your religious? ALL RELIGOUS BOOKS WERE WRITTEN NY MEN ... STRAIGHT MEN. they're bias.The bible did not fall out of the sky it was created by a panel of people who took stories from lots of important books!and the qu'ran was written by a man and so according to religion I assume was written by a straight man As for other reasons havn't you heard of the evolution in sexual ethics , being gay is just as normal as being straight. If you still have a problem with gays then trust me i wont like you!(this refers only to people with a problem with it - everyone else who just thinks its wrong is only an idiot)

Edited by kobra500 (see edit history)

This is like asking is blond hair wrong?Gay, Lez or Bi people can't help their sexual orentation any more then their hair color.The fact that people think of it as wrong and right shows how ignorant and sometimes down right stupid people can be.I personally am straight but I have gay and lez friends and I am perfictly fine with them as they are and would not want them any diffrent. Anyways who are we to tell someone that what they do is wrong unless it hurts other people.What if someone looked at you and said you were an aboration for being straight?Also there is evidence that homosexuality is not "unnatural" like some people claim. American bison, bighorn sheep, giraffes, African buffalo, Thomson's gazelles, kob antelope, black swans, greylag geese, various gulls and sandpipers, lyre birds, *BLEEP*-of-the-rock, assorted parrots, walruses, harbor seals, elephant seals, manatees, orca whales, gray whales, bottlenose and spinner dolphins, gorillas, various macaque apes and langur monkeys, and pygmy (or bonobo) chimpanzees and many other animals have been observed practicing homosexual acts. 450 different kinds of animals have been reported to exhibit some degree of homosexuality among their members (roughly 130 of them birds)Among bison males roughly three years and younger at least 55% of mounting is male on male. Anal intercourse a common outcome of such mounting and the "mountee" often tries to help out, lifting his own tail out of the way and/or backing his rectum toward the genitals of the mounting male.How can we deem something "wrong" if it is so widely practiced?I know that you might say "well we are better then animals" well your wrong. For all our higher thinking and brains and crap we are still just like every other creature on this planet. Sometimes even worse....

Replying to wakelimThe Question is: is homosexuality wrong?First of all, homosexuals are NOT born homosexual. No scientific study has made this a fact. People may be born with blonde hair of blue eyes, but homosexuality is a CHOICE. And one might say that it is not their fault that they are bent that way and so therefore, they should have be excused. Well, some people are bent towards drug abuse or stealing- but that does not make it acceptable. The human anatomy of males and females shows that humans were created for heterosexual activity.I could give many other perspectives from the Bible, but some people believe it is a load of trash. BUT although it was hand written by men- it was inspired by God. God wrote the Bible.So yes. I believe it is wrong. But I do not hate homosexuals just like I do not hate an adulteress. I hate what they do. But I pray for them that they will turn from what the Bible calls sin. Homosexuality is a sin like any other. It is wrong. Read Romans 1 in the Bible.-reply by Steph

Homosexuality : right or wrong?

So I'm studying the issue of homosexuality at the moment and I have come to my own conclusion that stem from a religious background, my own religion and what I have discovered about it.

In no ways am I a homophobe but I do feel that the act of being gay is wrong. If a person decides to be gay then I feel this can be accepted, its once they decide to practice the act of being gay as in the sexual act, that I have a problem with it.

The argument I hate the most is that they are born with it, this is so stupid! being gay is choice that as an individual you need to make, was a thief or murdered born with the genetic genes to kill or rape or steal,no and so neither were gays, they chose to rape, murder or steal, this choice may have come about because of a particular horrible upbringing or traumatic event but I do not feel they born with it, and so I don't think gays were either. Obviously they should not be condemned like the others are but this does bare thinking about.

So I have come to my own conclusion that the practice of homosexuality is wrong but actually declaring yourself as gay is not. I also do not think gay people should get married in a church as this goes directly against the freedom to a religion clause. As homosexuality goes against Christianity why should we let them be married in our churches? the answer is they shouldn't, they should get married in a registry office or something.

-reply by Lucy

Replying to Trap FeedBackerIt also hasn't been proven that homosexuality is completely NOT in the genes either. I believe in God and all that, but I also believe that there are a lot of factors that are involved in homosexuality. Either way, no matter what the factor is, you can't believe that the makeup of some defines them or what is morally right or wrong. The bible says that homosexual "acts" are sins. But the church has been wrong before. Did you know that the church once believe that there were only 7 planets and that the Earth was the center of the solar system? Scientists have proved that to be wrong. I'm not bashing the church, but I think you should do a little more research before you give a one-sided argument. You sound like you're running for president.-reply by don't judge

Well if homosexuality should be compared to heterosexuality, why are gays always far more promiscuous. This isn't an opinion, I can back this all up with stats if needed.-reply by Alan

I wondered what people feel about this? I personally believe that it's wrong and wouldn't mind chatting to others who believe otherwise to see what they think.

Dude, poll is wrong... forgot a third option.... DON"T CARE

Everyone has the right to do what they please with their own body what they want. But the question itself is vague... what do you mean is it right or wrong?... who says is right... a homosexual? who says its wrong? a religious person?

I think you meant... is it natural or unnatural?

Believe it is natural due to that homosexuality has been observed in almost every specie on earth. It is viewed as classical transsexuality where the sex structures of the brain are in conflict with the physical gender of that person or animal. It is observed in from the tiniest of insects to the biggest of all animals. Sex is a social category. gender is a biological one.

I don't think it is wrong, people have a choice on who they like and want to spend their time with.You must also consider what defines gay. Is it who guys who are devoted to each other and live together, but not necessarily having sexual relations? Or is it that if you had 1 gay experience, you are gay for life? I see nothing wrong with two people who have a genuine love for each other, there is nothing wrong with that. The people who are all like 'OMG OMG OMG EWWWWWWWWWW!' should just take a hard look at themselves, and if they think two people of the same gender having a relation is horrible then they can think the same about you!People should respect other peoples choices and preferences, and if they have an issue with two guys loving each other, then they must be one very intolerable person...A200

Heterosexuals ARE going to find something disturbing/wrong in homosexuality. That's why we're heterosexuals.

I'm sure that homosexuals look at heterosexuals and think that there's something wrong/disturbing with heterosexuality.

I have no idea what bisexuals think. They probably have the best of both worlds, being unbiased as far as gender goes. :lol:

Take a look at it as you would a culture, or a race, or hey! a way of life! Prejudice is everywhere, and for those of you who are from religious backgrounds can confess that religion itself, for the most part, has part in it. Most religious people will find homosexuality and bisexuality "wrong and perverse," but ever think about how "wrong and perverse" you may be in another person's eyes? (See Crusades.)

Homosexuality and bisexuality and heterosexuality IS. That's it. It's not wrong; it's not right; it just is. You are close-minded if you think that homosexuality and bisexuality is wrong because of your religion, the way you were raised, or anything other than thinking for yourself. People need to make an actual stand for their own thoughts, and if they do so, that's their personal perogative and they shouldn't go about preaching it to others because THEY think it's wrong. That's why it's called an OPINION. This entire post is an opinion itself. My accusation of close-mindedness is an opinion because I think that religious people follow the teachings of the Church and the religious principles that guide their thinking. And that's why I promote as much self-awareness and thinking for yourself as possible.

People may be born with sexuality, choose their preference, or be raised to be influenced to be of that preference. It really shouldn't matter, because it is their "choice." To be curt, deal with it. It's not like telling people that homosexuality and bisexuality will magically change the minds of everyone around you and we would be living in a homosexual- and bisexual-free world. Democracy was founded with the principle of choice... and that's what you get. Human rights includes the power of personal choice... and that's what you get. And if it wasn't a choice, that would mean that you would be denouncing another person based on something he or she could not control, which is just as bad as being racist, wouldn't it?

Think about that for a minute.

Arguments against it based on religion are rather pointless because you are already speaking in behalf of the beliefs that you have been accustomed to. (Note that I didn't say "your beliefs.") Arguments based on the fact that you cannot procreate are open to discussion, but do we all have to procreate? Not with the power of choice, and we all know by now that if you don't decide to have kids, your neighbor will be. Homosexuality and bisexuality has been around since we've been around as a race, and the last time I checked, we're actually overpopulating our living conditions still. Now, arguments based on "personal belief" (as it's hard to figure out what's really based on YOUR thought as opposed to peer-influenced thought nowadays) are valid as opinions, and should be viewed as so.

Edited by rayzoredge (see edit history)

Replying to randomdoodYour an idiot your point totally doesn't make sense at all.Just SHUT UP!! your words don't help straight peoples argument about it being wrong your making them sound stupid. And plus you can be a Christian and be gay.-reply by joshwoo

Replying to wakelimHomosexuality is wrong, there's no debate there, but what is wrong is for people to stop caring for those people. They are often confused people, who, after being bombarded through the media and other organizations and people come to believe any feelings they have in this area is somehow "okay"...A common response when you try to explain how homosexuality is wrong from a Biblical viewpoint, they'll often say, "But if I "love" someone (of the same sex)how can that be wrong?" I explain if I, as a married person find myself attracted to/caring about/"loving" someone else, would that somehow santify acting on those feelings, I.E., committing aduldtry? Hardly. Just because you desire something, to act upon it, does ot make it right, never will.

is homosexuality right or wrong?

This question makes me loll soo hard

Being gay has no right or wrong + its ignorant to think so

If you're against gays or a close minded "homophobe" than try being a little more empathetic

You're born the way you're supposed to be..You can't flip a switch + you're omgg queer + than flip it back + totally straight

I'm guessing you're straight + that you believe you have a sexuality choice..Ok than if its your choice go gay for a day I mean its your choice right..They can't just turn straight its just not possible

SO ALL YOU ****ING CLOSE MINDED IGNORANTS stfu I'm so tired of queer remarks..Get over yourselves

+ to all you "christians" God says to "love thy neighbor" not "love thy neighbor unless he/she is gay" so stop acting "christian" + start acting Christ like..That is after all what Jesus was teaching us right?

Love is love + you can't help who you fall for

Xoxo

-reply by katy

is homosexuality right or wrong?

Replying to rayzoredge

Whoa! I totes agree with you 1000%

You're reply was a total turn on (I hope you're a guy otherwise that remark could be considered "wrong" to some loll)

I respect you're open opinionated mind + I like the way you think

Keep making my <3 skip beats

Xx

-reply by katy