xisto Community
wakelim

Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong? your views

Is homosexuality (being gay) OK or not?  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

In my opinion homosexuality is a wrong thing. Not for any religious claims, but strictly for social and moral causes. I am just argued with a friend about this yesterday and I did some research on this subjec to find out if he is right in defending gay rights.

First of all many of those who defend gay rights think that being gay is genetic. This theory is called "Born that way" (if you want to find out more about it CLICK HERE). Most research (made by true scientists, even from the gay community) has show that there is NO such thing as a "gay gene". Indeed there are links that point out to genes, but most researchers believe that being gay has to do with both genes, social and psychical factors. In other words there is no such thing ad I WAS BORN THAT WAY!. Homosexuality may be considered similar to a disease. Some people are genetically more vulnerable to it.

I also heard that some consider homosexuality a normal thing. Their explanation would be something like this. In the animal kingdom homosexuality is a known fact. If animals do it and we are an evolved type of animal shouldn't homosexuality be considered natural as well. This theory is also based on false facts. First of all homosexuality in the animal kingdom is not a rule, but an anomaly. Homosexuality in animals is not linked to instinct. Furthermore homosexuality in animal kingdom has more to do with other instincts like dominance. In other words this is one way that animals show a contender who is the boss. So homosexuality is also not normal in animals. Not to mention that evolution tries to kill those traits that are not usefully, homosexuality being one of them since it does not produce any offsprings.

As a personal opinion I think society is trying to excuse itself for it's inability to fight homosexuality by making it genetic. Society has a lot of impact on young kids. Family is also extremely important. Although there isn't any research to prove that a kid from a homosexual family will become homosexual himself, it is certain that will have some repercussions on his character. So I think society must understand that is has part of the guilt for this situation.

I am strongly against homosexuality because it's rewrites all values that mankind has. I'm not saying extreme action must be taken, but I do support the idea that gay couples should not have legal status. Furthermore society must tolerate, but not accept them. It is not natural for them to be that way... It is easy to tolerate one thing when you don't want to see the repercussions. Only imagine what it would happen if everyone would be gay, or a gay majority, would you like to have two fathers???

If you want to read more on this topic I suggest visiting http://www.narth.com/

Nice posts, Joshua. :lol:And, ciroxyz, we as Christians are Christians because we want to follow the faith, not because Jesus told us to. God has given us free will and we are using it by being Christian and not Hindu. If you were to look into our religion a little further, the religion of Christianity, you would see that there are a lot of things that we decide for ourselves. Such as celebrating certain events, it's all about "making the truth your own." I'm not trying to come off hateful here, but we follow certain Bible guidelines because we want to, using our brain.To know why Lot had intercourse with his daughters, you have to read the scriptures AROUND that verse. I will not go into explaining this due to time and becoming offtopic; But if you want the answer to that scripture just let me know, I'd be glad to help you understand it. =]Now, I'm not going to say that Homosexuality is wrong or right or that you should/shouldn't agrre with it, I just don't agree with it personally because of my beliefs in the Bible and what IT has to say, but I will say that it does make me sick to think about it. =( It is possible to live 600 years or so, back in Bible days, so if you could explain to me why you think it's NOT possible, biscuitrat, then please do so. I know it is because if you look down the family line, you would see that from as far back as you could tell down to now, people started to die at younger ages. I know this because I researched my family line. Please don't take any of this wrong, just debate with me. =D

I think its wrong... Why?God created man to love womans, not to love other man, so if GOD created it that why people must change it?.... (no offence for the gays, is the truth and sorry)

Is it okay for women to love women? Because you have said nothing about women loving women. All you said was that god created men to love women, not men. So are you saying it is okay for a woman to love another woman? Because that'd be unfair and pointless to state. You will never know how we feel, you will never know if the feelings we have towards other men are same as straight men feel for women, or straight women feel for men... just as we will never know if straight loving is the same. It is the same, as we do love...but if the love is measured the same we don't know...you have to be gay or straight to know. I don't believe god created people and if a god did, i doubt they'd care whether or not two guys or two girls got together, because theres still enough heterosexuals out there to make up the difference.

Your statement is weak, you say your sorry for what you said. So if you are sorry you must have some doubt in your opinion? Or some fear that you may be wrong and have no proof, so you quickly say sorry just in case all chaos breaks lose right? What you said is not the truth, just because you said it or because 'god' said it. Its inconclusive because its just an opinion. If you tell me the sky is green and white, am i supposed to just take it if you add 'it's the truth' after it? Its not true...so why state that it is true when it isn't? You should never say your OPINION is true.

I can't say it is wrong, but if I found out that my friend was gay I would not say: "Hey congrats! Good going" and our releationship wouldn't be as good as before becaue I would feel uncomfortable around him. That is just my theory. I haven't got in such a situation so I dont have real experience. But homosexuality isn't right or wrong. It just IS as been said

First off I'm not homosexual but I have no problem with them. To me it's a personal choice and frankly I admire their courage to stand up to a prejudiced society :lol:. I have one major problem with social construction.

now..
To clear up some facts..

Well, humans aren't made to reproduce in the same sex.

The old biological excuse. Sex is and never was solely about procreation and has been labelled thus mainly by the catholic (Western) dogma. And with the church losing it's grip on society they have finaly been freed from it's grip. Compare the amount of acting homosexuals now and those of 400 years ago and you'll get my point. It's about pleasure nothing else. There are enough kids in the world :lol:

Sexual preference is an intensely private matter, and should remain, well?private. The American military?s ?Don?t ask, don?t tell? policy worked fine until someone figured out it actually worked too well. I frankly don?t care what manner of depravity goes on behind the closed doors of Joe Blow, as I?m bombarded with enough sexual content every time I make the mistake of turning on the television. If Mr. Blow chooses to engage in physical ?relations? with another man, I suppose that?s his business - I certainly won't tell if he doesn't. But when the Powers that Be start shoving the political correctness of homosexuality down the collective throat of the populace, that?s a different story entirely.

A war is being waged against the traditional, nuclear family in an effort to leave the population more vulnerable to Elitist agendas. Not that I've ever cared to participate fully in the family structure myself. The mere thought of procreating brings forth vomitous emanations. Still, I respect those who responsibly engage in carrying forth the species. The current bombardment of all things ?gay? is yet another assault on an institution which forms the very backbone of American society. The Elites are well aware how provocative homosexuality is and understand that forcing it on the public will create division, as advocacy groups from both sides focus animosity toward each other rather than look at the source of the conflict. Divide and conquer has been the mantra of the power brokers for many ages. They create problems, then move in with ?solutions? that inevitably lead to further loss of freedoms and sovereignty.

Understand, a good percentage of the population finds the very thought of a man inserting his member into another man?s willing orifice an absolutely horrifying thought, at best. Somehow, I think the innate disgust many of us feel when forced to visualize such behavior goes well beyond the confines of right or wrong, ?ok or not ok,? to that nameless place within us that cries out, ?Dear God man!! That just ain?t natural!?

Next time you feel that cringe of disgust, resist the urge to sink into political correctness with fears of being labeled "homophobic." Trust your instincts.

Edited by Misanthrope (see edit history)

im not one to say, but it goes against nature so no, its not ok. and its kinda weird when ur walking along in the park and see... kinda wierd. doesnt really bother me too much though... have fun being gay, gay people!

We have 8 billion people roaming this world. I don't think a few people who've strayed off from their instincts are going to affect us much. In fact at this point it might as well do us good by controlling the population.

We have 8 billion people roaming this world. I don't think a few people who've strayed off from their instincts are going to affect us much. In fact at this point it might as well do us good by controlling the population.

Heeeheee! I used to contribute to a group called NPG (Negative Population Growth), so you'll get no argument from me regarding human infestation. But then I realized NPG is in league with the UN and other proponents of eugenics and human enslavement. Though I find the physical practice of homosexuality an abomination, it's not so much it's practitioners that bother me, but the puppeteers pulling the strings. Left to it's own devices and instincts, societies will keep homosexuals in check as a matter of course. But the power brokers, as usual, use man's instincts against him.

The people who voted no in the poll need to wake up. I see no reason why people would consider being homosexual wrong. No, it might not be your cup of tea, but still it's a free world and being homosexual isn't causing any trouble.It's personal choice and if you don't like it then ignore it. Someone above posted that it's against nature. If it was against nature then it wouldn't be happening. Humans make up part of nature. And anyway how can you decide what is nature and what isn't. If these people naturally are homosexual then that is nature.This is sort of like the "What's Normal Debate". We don't know what is normal and what is not - it's personal choice and people can make up their own mind about what's "normal" but they shouldn't decide what is "right" and what is "wrong".

The people who voted no in the poll need to wake up. I see no reason why people would consider being homosexual wrong. No, it might not be your cup of tea, but still it's a free world and being homosexual isn't causing any trouble.

It's personal choice and if you don't like it then ignore it. Someone above posted that it's against nature. If it was against nature then it wouldn't be happening. Humans make up part of nature. And anyway how can you decide what is nature and what isn't. If these people naturally are homosexual then that is nature.

This is sort of like the "What's Normal Debate". We don't know what is normal and what is not - it's personal choice and people can make up their own mind about what's "normal" but they shouldn't decide what is "right" and what is "wrong".

I voted "no" in the poll. You're saying I need to wake up?! If you see no reason [moral] people would consider homosexuality wrong, maybe you haven't opened and read the appropriate passages in the manuals for most religions on this planet. Perhaps you never heard of Darwin or know anything about reproduction and reproductive health. Maybe sexual deviancy is perfectly normal and acceptable to you in the context of the depraved orgy you were conceived in and/or were raised in. Perhaps you think that "right" and "wrong" are merely theoretical concepts reserved for philosophers of old who are antiquated anachronisms in this "enlightened" age. Or perhaps you would be more comfortable if everyone thought as you do, that way we wouldn't be having this uncomfortable discussion regarding "morals" and no one would have to "wake up".

Trouble with today's society (western, specifically) is that the lines that separate right from wrong have become blurred to the point of a fog and if you've got no reference then all you can do is make decisions based upon what you see the media promote. For example, after watching half a season of "24" (An American weekly series based upon a fictional Federal agency, Counter-Terrorism Unit, CTU, and one agent in particular, Jack Bauer, who almost single handedly hunts down terrorists and conspirators and who never has a bowel movement or need to eat or sleep. Each episode takes place during one hour of a 24 hour day that makes up the season.), you might think Federal Agents should all be expected to act like Jack Bauer and go around interrogating people using the "water torture" (also used on "Prison Break") method (among others) and kicking down doors without a warrant. I know the ends justify the means and since Jack always has the most selfless motives, that must mean all agents in real life (and their bosses) have nothing but the best intentions. Right? Now, at least, you will know how to act and what to expect when the government agents (Storm Troopers) come kicking in your door because you've been desensitized. No worries about the freedoms Americans are guaranteed thanks to the founding fathers who thought better of assuming they'd always be considered "God-given" and decided to amend the constitution with. They were just dirty old white male land owners anyway. We've been told to hate those of their ilk.

Am I going too fast here? My allegation is that just because the media, which is owned by four super-elite and magnificently wealthy families who ultimately make these directional decisions (but whose own households are run in an extremely conservative manner, they may not even let their kids watch television!), tells us through story and by selecting how to slant or "spin" the news by any number of ways including taking things out of context, exaggerating numbers in a crowd or protest (think "Million Man March") or creating context to fit in their agenda, etc., the way to dress, the way to act, who it's "cool" to sleep with, who not to, when or if it's ever right to get married, how to raise your kids... I could go on most of the day but you'll just have to get the point sooner or later.

There is no ambiguity between what is morally right and what is morally wrong. There's only confusion due to the lack of a religious upbringing to provide y'all with a solid moral compass or foundation with which to build your lives upon. Without this guiding light, this moral obelisk on the horizon to always tell you where right is and where wrong is, you'll continue to remain surrounded by the fog of uncertainty and confusion. Sooner or later you'll make a wrong choice that'll cost you your life and possibly the life or lives of others. You'll be easily manipulated by your superiors (who do know the difference and choose evil) to carry out their dirty deeds and you'll do it with a clean conscience. And later, after Bubba has his way with you in the confines of your new home in prison, (or when you're making your acquaintance with Saddam in the painful existence he calls home: Hell) you'll continue to swear all the while that what you did was for the good of humanity.

I'm just saying who are you to judge other people and tell them that they are doing something wrong? God gave us the power of free will, meaning that we choose what choices we make, whether they are right or wrong.

I'm just saying who are you to judge other people and tell them that they are doing something wrong? God gave us the power of free will, meaning that we choose what choices we make, whether they are right or wrong.

If memory serves, this thread is a pole based on a very specific question: "Is homosexuality right or wrong?" Watermonkey was simply casting his vote and backing it up with his opinion, as has everyone who voted on this thread. If he had judged homosexuality as "correct," would he still be chastised? He would, after all, be making a judgment call - albeit to the opposite end. Without the ability to make judgment calls we would soon perish. The homicidal maniac uses his free will to commit atrocities, and weather he feels he is right or wrong as he takes an innocent life is beside the point as far as I'm concerned. This isn't the best analogy but I'm simply trying to illuminate the fallacy of the author's argument. The point is a civilized, free society has the right to JUDGE certain actions as right or wrong for the collective good of it's citizens. And as a microcosm of said society, the individual has the right to do the same for his own benefit.

If a man likes another man or a woman likes another woman enough that they love them and want to spend the rest of their life with them, it’s love. Whether the love be between members of the same sex, or of the opposite sex shouldn’t matter because it’s love. Marriage is not about what sexes are envolved in the ceremony, it is about the love that the two participants have for eachother and no one in the world should be able to say differently than that. If you don’t like it then just do what you do to other things that you do not like, and avoid it and ignore it.

Now, I do not want to go into the religious part of the argument but it is essental to proving that gay people shouldn’t be looked on any differently than straight people. Almost every argument that has ever been started about gay people has ended up on what the bible says about the matter, on how it shouldn’t be allowed, on how people will burn in hell for believeing in it, and what to do about the ones who are participating in it.

The bible gives sets of rules, or guidelines for people who wish to enter heaven to follow and believe in. But today’s day in age, there are a few rules or guidelines that we do not follow because they are in-humane and are not allowed by the law of the state. One example of the terms the bible says people should follow is slavery. The bible clearly says in Exodus 21:2-4,

“If you buy a Hebrew servant, he is to serve you for six years. But in the seventh year, he shall go free, without paying anything. If he comes alone, he is to go free alone; but if he has a wife when he comes, she is to go with him. If his master gives him a wife and she bears him sons or daughters, the woman and her children shall belong to her master, and only the man shall go free.”

Now aday’s, slavery is illegal because in the 1800’s people fought to end slavery, and they did end it. So despite what the bible says about slavery, the United States of America finds it illegal to own slaves, clearly going against what the bible says about it.

The bible also says that genocide is something else people should believe in and follow. In Numbers 25:4 it states,

“The LORD said to Moses, "Take all the leaders of these people, kill them and expose them in broad daylight before the LORD, so that the LORD's fierce anger may turn away from Israel.

In that passage, it is clearly supporting genocide. It is asking Moses to take all of the leaders of a group of people and to kill them. Now aday’s it is illegal for people to kill other people in the United States.

Whether the state allows homosexuals to get married to one another or not, will never change the fact that they are out there and will not stop them from doing what they do. The whole point of providing you with these quotes from the bible is to prove to you that the United States of America has not always listened to what the bible says about other things like slavery, genocide, and rape. So why should we let one small thing like gay people be any different than the choices that america has made to turn against slavery, genocide, and rape? The simple fact is, we shouldn’t.
Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)