xisto Community
wakelim

Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong? your views

Is homosexuality (being gay) OK or not?  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well.. Homosexuality is wrong in our society today due to the religions - However, the media have also changed the way we look at homosexual people. There are no right and wrong answers, however, we should also concider the homosexuals point of view.We should avoid another Holocaust *hope i spelled that right*

Okay guys. Let me make another post about this. Remember Sodom and Gammorah? They were destroyed because of homosexuality, so I think we need to keep that in mind, when you have all these religions saying, oh a homosexual, yeah put them in the pulpit. I don't want to offend anyone, but it is true. And I don't mind telling truth. If anyone can show me a text where it says homosexuality is right, then I will believe it, but the point is, it doesn't exist.

Its not wrong because people have been gay for a long time now. They burned people in the old days and now people just shun them. Its not far to them because people dont like them the way they are. One of my teachers said ?saying i dont like gays is like saying i dont like clothes? most people wear clothes...

Its not wrong because people have been gay for a long time now. They burned people in the old days and now people just shun them.

Exactly. Homosexuality isn't a new trend at all. The only reason homosexuality seems more evident in modern society than it was, say, fifty years ago, is because the homosexual population feels (in countries like the United States) that society has become more liberal and accepting overall. We have to keep in mind that homosexuality was prevalent even in societies like Ancient Greece and Rome, and the population never shunned those people. It was entirely acceptable.

Homophobia comes from the ancient Hebrew tradition of ensuring the survival of their people. The Israelites were a desert people on the brink of non-existence, and so to maintain their numbers, they outlawed homosexuality to promote more straight relationships and thus make sure there were enough children to continue their nation. A lot of laws such as this were protectionary, such as the Kosher laws, which inhibits contamination and disease through food. Some sects of religion that hold these ancient laws believe homosexuality is wrong, yet do not follow things like the Kosher laws, which are just as legitimate as the one for homosexuality. Can one pick and choose these laws, or should one be consistent?

I think homosexuals are the new group for oppression, like those of African descent in the United States were a hundred years ago by the Jim Crow laws. Too many people use religion as an excuse, a justification for their fear of difference. Perhaps some straight males are afraid homosexuality in a population will corrupt their own masculinity.

Well.. Homosexuality is wrong in our society today due to the religions - However, the media have also changed the way we look at homosexual people.
There are no right and wrong answers, however, we should also concider the homosexuals point of view.

We should avoid another Holocaust

*hope i spelled that right*

in Germany and most european countrys Homosexual people are allowed to marry each other
personaly i know 2 homosexual guys(iam not homosexual) and they are totaly normal i never would dislike someone who is homosexual sometimes iam strange too and nobody cares i think everybody of us is a little bit strange and when i would dislike everybody thats a little bit strange i couldnt like anybody

people should have respect for eachother, also for the homosexuals. and for those who totally think it's wrong, who says that? you can say: I think it is wrong and have a good reason, but still if you do, you can say it and leave it, dont bother them with it. I hate people not minding their own business. and if people do haress homosexuals with ther opinion they should shut up and stop being jealous because people think they are more fun then themselves.

Homosexual couples certainly have some legitimate issues to be addressed, as Boom outlines in comment 2. Not urgent, I might say. Homosexuals certainly can't really claim much oppression in the US. You're mostly pretty well tolerated now, which is the main thing you should have a right to expect from society.However, it seems reasonable that you might also ask for equivalent legal protections, the common contractual relationships that heterosexual couples routinely get.Still, it's not that simple. Most obviously, some people have not so much legal as semantic objection to homosexual "marriage." You are expecting to suddenly re-define perhaps the oldest institution in human culture.I do know it is entirely semantic/religious objections that we face. What is amazing to me is how many Americans want equality for all based on popular vote. I cannot speak for any other than myself, but I am not seeking society approval. I am not seeking Al and Mary down the street to bless or even condone my relationship. I am seeking equality from my government.

How can you people say that homosexuality is OK? It is not!!! It's NOT OK, but I'll tell you what it is, it's a sign of The Last Day. Allah said when Homosexuality is considered normal, then the last day will be near!Sorry I can't give a reference, becuase I can't touch the Qur'an right now. (it's a girl thing) I think we should ban homosexuality and it it so disgusting and I have to stop typing cus i need to go and PUKE!!!

that's disgusting man!!! to see a man kissing and making out with another man makes me sick. women should not be doing that either. we were created to reproduce and have kids. i mean come on, how can you face a person with the same gender and have sex with them??? it is definitely wrong, it's never an option or a choice you must make, you must never think of it. but no disrespect though. America, when are you gonna wake up and realize that you're making everything free these days, you gotta stop somewhere man, you might as well make cockaine, drugs and other bad stuff free.

Edited by khalood87 (see edit history)

homosexuality is perfectly o.k! stop being so narrow-minded people. seriously, just cause you arent that way does NOT mean that other people arent. we werent all made the same so there is going to be some originality in the world. please stop being so ignorant and accept people for who they are

well it's against christianity, we were meant for having children and you can't do that if your with another person the same sex, a lot of people used to think that homos were really disgusting, and they are!!!!!

well it's against christianity, we were meant for having children and you can't do that if your with another person the same sex, a lot of people used to think that homos were really disgusting, and they are!!!!!

Why are homosexuals disgusting? Is it because they have sex? EVERYBODY had sex, so that cant be it. Is it because they kiss, EVERYBODY kisses so it cant be that. Is it because they hold hands EVERYBODY holds hands, so it cant be that.

So then what is it?

that's disgusting man!!! to see a man kissing and making out with another man makes me sick. women should not be doing that either. we were created to reproduce and have kids. i mean come on, how can you face a person with the same gender and have sex with them??? it is definitely wrong, it's never an option or a choice you must make, you must never think of it. but no disrespect though. America, when are you gonna wake up and realize that you're making everything free these days, you gotta stop somewhere man, you might as well make cockaine, drugs and other bad stuff free.

So what if two guys are kissing? What does it matter to you? Its not like your in the middle of the kiss. it is just the same as a man and a women kissing......
Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

Why are homosexuals disgusting? Is it because they have sex? EVERYBODY had sex, so that cant be it. Is it because they kiss, EVERYBODY kisses so it cant be that. Is it because they hold hands EVERYBODY holds hands, so it cant be that.

I think that's a bit too universal, saying "EVERYBODY". Think about the children, the children! :( Wait, what kind of children do you hang around with? :lol: