xisto Community
wakelim

Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong? your views

Is homosexuality (being gay) OK or not?  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it is wrong, unnatural and a Sin. There is no such thing as bi, you are gay! I think of gays as mentally handicapped! Because to be gay there is something wrong with your brain. Thats my opinion and I dont care what anyone thinks, so flame away because I will have no reply to those that think the contrary.

This is a very tought question to respond to. Firstly, whether it is right or wrong doesn't depend on laws. Some countries may allow them to get married legally that doesn't mean that it is correct, it's just that they became legal partner, who are able to enjoy their lives as they wish. Since, I have not have any intimate friend or well known friend how is a gay I do not understand fully yet how to feel about them completely. So far, my feeling is mixed. Sometimes, I condemn them but sometimes I wonder if they are really made that way. Therefore, I would say this is very tough. In western countries I heard they are proud to show off themselves and they have no shame. But in oriental culture and Asian culture I think this isn't looked upon that way, it's a shame and taboo.However, if I interprete according to my faith, I consider it as a SIN.

Edited by Dragonfly (see edit history)

Now we've brought sin into the affair. Sin is a conscious offence to the doctrine of one's faith. For instance, many Christian sects hold that homosexual intercourse is morally wrong, so therefore having intercourse with a member of your one's own sex is a sin.But if I recall correctly, the original question of this thread was "Is homosexuality right or wrong?" And now I realise that there is an issue that needs to be settled before the question on homosexuality can be understood and answered fully. That question is "What determines right and wrong?"As Dragonfly cleverly stated, laws can't determine right and wrong in the larger picture, because the laws of many states contradict each other. Laws cannot determine objective right and wrong. For example, if I a teenager were to drink in France, there would be no offence?the legal drinking age is fourteen. In Ohio however, the legal drinking age is twenty-one, so a teenager drinking alcohol in Ohio is an infraction of the law. So what is right and wrong in respect to drinking ages? There is no right and wrong?it all applies to the local law. By similar logic, homosexuality cannot be said to be right or wrong as applied to national law.There are flaws in said logic, however?it depends on whether right and wrong is allowed to be determined locally, rather than globally and by objectivity. If said logic is unflawed, however, then we can also apply it to religion: if homosexuality is permissable in Buddhism but frowned upon in Christianity, the two views are contradictory, and therefore right and wrong cannot be objectively drawn from religion (this is why I question the logic?religion has always been a part of what is right and wrong).In short, what are we going to base right and wrong upon? From there, we can determine views on homosexuality as it applies to that point?these views will help us assemble a clearer picture on the righteousness of homosexuality.

Here in Guadalajara (city where I live), this city is considered the gay capitol of mexico, and since there is so many homosexuals here it is said that there is 7 girls for every man. :lol:

God I wish I lived in Guadalajara :P

Mhhh lot of bible talk over here but the issue is does homosexuality is wrong or right?In my opinion homesexuality cant be wrong nor right because it has to do with feelings and how can feelings be wrong? How can love be wrong? How can it be wrong to care about another person? male or female?Oke to be honoust I dont like to see 2 guys kiss it give me the shivers but thats because I cant imagion falling inlove with a guy since I like girls to much, but evenso its not upto me to judge there feelings nor is it yours.The ones refuring to the bible who says it is wrong keep in mind that the bible is written by humans and evenso if they say it is the word of god so be it but if you think the bible is the word of god then you dont believe in god but in that case you believe in the bible (which is a book and not a god).Believers always say that god creates men and loves all people so that means god also created homosexials.. So how can homosexuality be bad when god creates all?

In my opinion homesexuality cant be wrong nor right because it has to do with feelings and how can feelings be wrong? How can love be wrong? How can it be wrong to care about another person? male or female?

Good point. Homosexuality in itself cannot be wrong because it is solely based on the emotion of love; this love just happens to be a member of the same sex. No one could argue that emotions are wrongunfounded, perhaps, but never wrong. And since most have the consensus that emotional love is a good thing regardless of situation, love is not unfounded. Love is neither unfounded nor wrong.

Those quoting the Bible should realise that the Bible doesn't even condemn homosexuality in itself. Rather, it condemns homosexual intercourse: "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; such a thing is an abomination." (Lv 19:22). There is no all-inclusive anti-homosexual statute in the Bible.

If the Christian God did indeed create homosexuals, then there can be no argument that homosexuality is wrong. The only loophole is if He didn't create them, that many people made a conscious decision to be homosexual. However, many tests have proven that there is a physiological difference between straight and gaynot just psychological. Gay men respond the same way to masculine pheromones as do women. This is hardly something one can fake.

I am definitely against Homosexuality.Being a christian it is against the Law of God.God made Man and Woman as partners. So bisexuality with your partner is according to God is correct and not homosexuality.Man should have sex with only woman and woman should have sex with only man. Any thing that happens outside this is a sin and against God. There it is return in Bible that the satan has made the unjust to lust after the same sex and thus made them to sin against God.

omy, i love this topic, i could go on for HOURS on end about it..but ill make it short..i think that homosexuality is perfectly fine as long as the partners love eachother and are not jsut some sex craved perverts that wanna have fun eachother where the sun dont shine..as long as they love eachother and care for eachother noone should have any say once so ever in what they do...

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

Banning homosexuality is stupid.No, seriously. Just because "the lord" defines it as a sin, does not mean that anti-believers such as myself have to obey his statements. America is not a country of one religion, but one of many--and it's also a country that divides the rights among the people as accurately as possible without disrupting others living in this country. This country is not based on Christianity nor any SPECIFIC religion for that matter. And, if I'm not mistaking, a passage from the bible states that man shall marry women and vise-versa (not word-for-word, obviously). However, not all obey the bible, so what is the problem?Besides, who is it affecting, anyway? Do people have to become so emotionally sickened by the facts and nature of life? Or do we have to follow the "standard" way of life. I saw we just let homosexuals have their own freedoms and fun--because this world is made for everyone to enjoy, hence the laws enforced. Who is it hurting PHYSICALLY? No one. People are just discriminating against homosexuals, which is a predictable response from our minds.So, what are homosexuals supposed to do then? Imagine an important aspect of your life being torn away from you--imagine that all video games were banned from the planet. Sure, people that do not play video games will not be effected (in the main case, heterosexuals), but the ones that do (in this example, homosexuals) will be. AND, SINCE VIDEO GAMES DOESN'T HURT ANYONE (nor do homosexuality), THEN WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH IT?To conclude, America has lately been revolving around the bible. News flash: not everyone in America (or other counties) believes in the lord nor his servants.

BRB! i had prety much said all of that in a bit of a longer paragraph....lmao but it was too harsh and i figured someone would report it..but yes! god does not run this country!! gods word is not gods word it is the word of the preist or whoever who thinks it is gods word..lol well im done with this topic its getting me tooo worked up >_< i started babeling onto a friend on the phone a few minutes ago about it..then i realized i wasn't typing it i was talking to someone n stoped :( but i agree with everything BRB just said!!!

I've discussed this topic before. Don't want to get into it, but I think it is WRONG. Homosexuality is a deviation from the "normal" which makes it wrong. Anything that is not acceptable to the majority of society is wrong. If you want to change the social norm, that's a different story. But, as it currently stands, being gay is definately wrong.

I think that homosexuality maybe disgusting and wrong but if other people want to do it, it?s fine with me. I believe in keeping an open mind, as long as it isn?t harming the community or anything they can do what they want to do on their own time.

There have been a lot of research for sexual activity and behaviour in animals.

Its dificult to undestand nature and the creator.Scientists have discovered a goby, which can change sex in just four days, and then revert back.

A human embryo is originaly female, unless chromosomes alters the process. A fetus contains a Wolffian duct, a Mullerian duct, a sex gland and a genital tubercle. If an embryo percieves two X chromosomes, the Mullerian duct, the sex gland, and genital tubercle develop automatically into female reproductive and sexual organs, while the Wolffian duct shrivels up, leaving only remnants behind.
But, if the embryo has both X and Y chromosomes the SRY gene on the Y chromosome during the sixth or seventh week of fetal development triggers other genes. One gene carries the code for a protein, which causes the sex gland and genital tubercle to develop into male sexual organs.testosterone are developed of Wolffian duct and another hormone, called MIH, which causes the Mullerian duct to wither. These hormones are regulated by the TDF gene on the Y chromosome. So becoming male is actually a transformation of the "normal" process of development.

A theory says, there originally was no Y chromosome; it evolved only during the last 250 million years. With the development of this new chromosome, gender became hard-wired, rather than being due to environmental conditions. So we are moving towards a change nobody know how it will turn out to be.

Bagemihl, Bruce. Biological Exuberance: Animal Homosexuality and Natural Diversity. New York: St. Martin's Press, 1999

i think homossexuality is pretty normal, probably even a organic question. so why to descriminate? isn't it?in questions like this one, religion just slow us down... sniffff we have to think for ourselves instead of relying in obsolete opinions. In the times when the texts of the Bibble were written that wasn't the issue it is today... then why look for answer for that question if there isn't any answer to find? A bit out of the point but the bibble lost, in my opinion, it's sense of richeousness when it closed it's acceptance to newer writters and thoughts. I don't think that we are less iluminated than the ones that have their texts written in the bibble. We are fless from the same fless and our thoughts come from the same place... that makes me sad... to fell that a good idea has lost it's way...flame all you want :)cheers

Edited by sasuki (see edit history)