xisto Community
wakelim

Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong? your views

Is homosexuality (being gay) OK or not?  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm gonna go on the record and say that we should separate people's actions from their identities. If kids make bad decisions, it doesn't mean that they are bad kids doomed to be criminals. It means that the decision was bad, not the kid. Alternatively, if a business man makes a good decision, it doesn't mean he's any better than his peers.

So to be judging homosexuals is wrong for starters.

As for my opinion on homosexuality, I don't agree with it. However, I don't want the government to try to regulate my actions, so I'm not going to suggest that it regulate theirs. Basically, my dislike for homosexuality is based on my conservative christian upbringing. Beyond that, I would have to say that the other part of my dislike is just my natural revulsion at the thought of being with another man. Eawauaobalarrgh. No thanks.

My last point: Homosexuality can't be right. Bodies aren't made like that - the equipment doesn't match up.

homosexuality is the same as any other sexuality. either you choose it, or you don't choose it because you were born that way. if one was born a certain way, that cannot be wrong

So my point is that this statement is wrong, fundamentally. Drug addiction is wrong, even if your momma was a crack ho and you were born addicted. Society doesn't smile on crack babies. So anything that's unnatural for your body can't be GOOD.
Also: they still haven't reached a consensus on whether people choose to be homosexual or have it predetermined. So . . .

how should you judge it? it's it's simplest form. you are trying to complicate a thread that doesn't deserve your added imput to define homosexuality. you don't have to be homosexual to spread deseises. also, one can be homosexual and not spread any deseiese. what you are saying is that if you are homosexual, you spread nasy things to people which makes homosexuality wrong. you are trying to link two things together that cannot be linked unless you are talking about someone sppecifically....but you're not.

The problem is that medicine does not count on phrases like

you don't have to be homosexual to spread deseises. also, one can be homosexual and not spread any deseiese

but eventually in exact statistics. Check below:

In respect to homosexuality and AIDS, the original spread of AIDS is generally attributed to the promiscuity of homosexual men. Originally the syndrome was called the "gay disease" because the overwhelming majority of patients were homosexual men.Of newly diagnosed HIV infections in the United States during the year 2003, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) estimated that about 63% were among men who were infected through sexual contact with other men

[1]

According to the CDC, 52% of all AIDS cases are among the homosexual community.

[2]
So you(if someone) are doing a wrong thing if your homosexual, cause you are increasing your risk to AIDS and as most of people with HIV progress to AIDS. Does these facts make it a wrong choice? To me a big YES.

I guess when people make sins(like homosexuality) than God brings diseases(like AIDS)..

1.^HIV Prevalence, Unrecognized Infection, and HIV Testing Among Men Who Have Sex with Men --- Five U.S. Cities, June 2004--April 2005
2.^[http://healthmad.com/conditions-and-diseases/deadly-statistics-the-link-between-homosexuality-and-aids/]

gay,bisexualIs Homosexuality Right Or Wrong?

I'm not saying I know everything about this subject but I expect that no one Will take offense to this that believes different then what I have to sayEveryone has there own beliefs,everyone see's things differentlyBut if your really sit down and think about no matter what people sayOr try in do it isn't going to change how a gay person feel's on the insideLook at things that have happened to some of the kids who decide to come Out they get picked on or worse but did people stop coming out andTrying to get acceptance no they didn't.I think what people need to realizeJust because some people think its wrong doesn't mean that its going to Stop it even if everyone besides gays and bisexuals thought it was wrongIts not going to stop the gays and bisexuals from being gay and bisexual justLike if things were changed and gay and bisexual was normal and straight wasn'tWe can make you like something you clearly don't and your certainly notGoing to hide who you are because then your nobody at all. And I think that's How people expect us to feel or want us to feel.

-reply by Brandystewart

In my sight I think its all good. I lik bisexual girls who are kinky and willing to have threesomes and all that but not the kind who have relationships with another girl behind the boyfriends back.I have nothing against gay people but they need to understand that we are a generation who arent exactly comfortable to the max with homosexuals because most of them only really came out the closet recently so while I love all humans the same and have no problems with gays or lesbos i do do have a problem with homosexuals who invade my space and are tooo touchy feeling for my liking. I dont mind friends who are homosexual but I dont really like the rubbing and touching that they sometimes over exert on us and we then have to shut the f*ck up and take it otherwise we get called *person* phobic.I prefer if we were all try-sexual as in can try anything sexual

In my sight I think its all good. I lik bisexual girls who are kinky and willing to have threesomes and all that but not the kind who have relationships with another girl behind the boyfriends back.
I have nothing against gay people but they need to understand that we are a generation who arent exactly comfortable to the max with homosexuals because most of them only really came out the closet recently so while I love all humans the same and have no problems with gays or lesbos i do do have a problem with homosexuals who invade my space and are tooo touchy feeling for my liking.

I dont mind friends who are homosexual but I dont really like the rubbing and touching that they sometimes over exert on us and we then have to shut the f*ck up and take it otherwise we get called *person* phobic.

I prefer if we were all try-sexual as in can try anything sexual

for the record, I do not second that opinion AT ALL but its not wrong.

Growing up, I used to be so pig-headed and oppose anything that I didn't agree with and got lost in thinking that it should become law. Now i'm all grown up and i think anyone should be allowed to do as he wishes.

I might not agree with what you have to say, but i will fight for your rights to say it. That is how people should see the world now. I think we have made great strides as a people that we have to recognize we're different and what's meat for one guy, can actually be poison for another.

i think gay people should be allowed to come out in the open and do as they wish. They're adults and if that decisions is wrong then let em face the consequences. We're all different.

I think what is wrong is people either force one to do something or doing something evil to other people. If I choose to wear a blue tie, its my choice...but if I choose to walk out naked...it's also my choice BUT its offensive to other people and for the general good, such behaviour or actions has to be condoned.

The only issue that has to be debatable is adopting a kid...that now is a bit of a topic if you ask me.

It is right for the people who are homosexual, but wrong for anyone who disagrees with it.

what kind of statement is that? it is wrong when people disagree with other peoples preferences? that is ludicrous. i am not for or against homosexuality. as long as it doesn't hurt me, i have no problems with peoples choices.

thank god that it is NOT wrong for EVERYONE to disagree with homosexuality because otherwise, we'd all wind up as homos. and personally, i am not a *person*. i disagree with your statement entirely! everyone should have the right to their own preferences and what is acceptable in their own lives.

I think an earlier post summed this whole thread up quite nicely: there is no such thing as right and wrong. Religious people follow the word of their God/s either because they seek reward in the afterlife, or because they trust them. Very little in the bible has to do with right/wrong, but how to lead a better life/appease God. That's why most people today are shocked by certain verses in the Quran and the old testament (and to a certain extent, the new) because many teachings go against our fundamental beliefs as people of the West. Mohammed tells us to murder Kafirs, God tells us to murder non-believers, certain Hindu Gods seem sadistically violent..etcSaying Homosexuality isn't wrong because it's natural is like saying murder isn't wrong because it's in-built into humans. Neither are wrong, and yet neither of those phrases are right. It's certainly a head scratcher..

Edited by DodgyPhil (see edit history)

I think an earlier post summed this whole thread up quite nicely: there is no such thing as right and wrong. Religious people follow the word of their God/s either because they seek reward in the afterlife, or because they trust them. Very little in the bible has to do with right/wrong, but how to lead a better life/appease God. That's why most people today are shocked by certain verses in the Quran and the old testament (and to a certain extent, the new) because many teachings go against our fundamental beliefs as people of the West. Mohammed tells us to murder Kafirs, God tells us to murder non-believers, certain Hindu Gods seem sadistically violent..etc

Saying Homosexuality isn't wrong because it's natural is like saying murder isn't wrong because it's in-built into humans. Neither are wrong, and yet neither of those phrases are right. It's certainly a head scratcher..

I think there's a lot of wrong there mate!

firstly, i used to be against homosexuality. then i realised there's really no one who can pass a judgement on what two (or more) adults decide to do something together. they should just do it...its for a more progressive society...one that accepts the points of views of many people and integrates em into daily life. with that said, since people know its behaviour that aint actually mainstream and a bit controversial...it has to be exercised in public with caution just like smoking, etc etc. but there's nothing wrong with homosexuality.

one thing i've noticed is that religious people have a hard time accepting a different opinion when it comes to anything. they're so quick to charge and its just so freaking sad. i sure do hope one day they get enlightened enough.

you know what God bless you that is a very true statment that you said. God is going to do good things through your understanding...

Legal doesn't make things right or wrong. It's just a law.
But for me, it's wrong. Don't flame me, but this is just what I think. Well, humans aren't made to reproduce in the same sex. That's what makes it wrong. You can't get too far with that, because our bodies aren't made that way. They just aren't. It's like trying to get a cat have a baby with a dog. Their bodies are just not designed for each other.

Not all humans are meant to reproduce. In fact, I think it's a darned good thing we don't all reproduce. Can you imagine the population in ten years time?

Also, just because it's not done for purpose of reproduction, it doesn't mean it isn't a function we've evolved with. We are higher primates, and primates have been having sex for the sheer purpose for please for donkey's years. Human beings have been having homosexual relationships for the sheer purpose for pleasure since evolution began and you can look it up if you don't believe me. Watch a few nature shows about Chimpanzees and you'll find the same. Sex has two functions for primates (and dolphins): pleasure and reproduction.

Look up ancient Greece. Even then, homosexuality was prevalent and even expected. It's been a social mechanism for thousands of years.

And then the likes of Christianity and Islam happened and all of a sudden, the things we evolved to do naturally were no longer accetpable.

A one-dimensional answer such as "But it doens't lead to reprodution" is very poor. Homosexual relations has played an important social role in our more primitive and even recent past.

Legal doesn't make things right or wrong. It's just a law.
But for me, it's wrong. Don't flame me, but this is just what I think. Well, humans aren't made to reproduce in the same sex. That's what makes it wrong. You can't get too far with that, because our bodies aren't made that way. They just aren't. It's like trying to get a cat have a baby with a dog. Their bodies are just not designed for each other.

Humans are supposed to reproduce?... well obviously not all of us. If there was no actual benefit in humans having some of its members homosexual then it would have been weeded out by nature a long time ago. However there are some obvious benefits to having 5-10% of your population non reproductive...

You can't use the 'we are all supposed to reproduce' argument... because humans are communal animals... we reproduce as a group and have close relationships with extended family members... So what is lost in one of those members being gay is made up for 100 times over by that very same member being gay!

Its also a silly argument whilst using a computer... the guy who is the father of modern computer science spent his entire life giving you the facility to tell us all why you think homosexuality is wrong.. and he was gay too! If he'd married and had kids you might not have a computer! Maybe you think modern computer technology is not a 'real' benefit to society?

Well then just put yourself in the position of trying to decide who should stay and guard the women and children or the tribe whilst the rest of the men go off to hunt for three days.. would you trust a straight guy? If you did what do you think would happen to that idea of 'we are all supposed to reproduce'

To be honest if you are going to use an argument about how something is 'wrong' you need to define better what you mean by 'wrong' and what detriment homosexuality is to society then compare that to the benefits.

Either way you can't do anything about that since studies of homosexual twins show that it is at least to a very great degree a genetic trait.

Religionwise it is wrong, in other countries, it accepted but in my opinion, I don't care and I don't want to judge them, because who are we to do so? If the Bible said that homosexuality is a sin, it also said the being judgmental is a sin. The homosexual is a sinner and so the person who judge him, they are no difference at all.

some people believe it is right some believe it is wrong it depends on the society you live in,i believe that what ever people want to do with their life i agree with their choose.