xisto Community
wakelim

Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong? your views

Is homosexuality (being gay) OK or not?  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. I do believe Humans are animals however I believe we are mentally smarter than the majority of animals and our brains are more complex. Yes for the most part there aren't many "gay" animals, but that is because they really don't feel the kind of love humans do. ....

2. You compare homosexuality like its a bad thing, which it isn't. Raping and Murdering is bad but homosexuality is not. You just brought up bad things because you feel being gay is bad, but could you actually deny the feelings for someone of the opposite gender? ...

3. I meant why MUST not most, if you read it with the word most in replace of most, you will see my sentence doesn't even make any sense. Must was meant for 'Why is it always THAT...' You are only reading what you want to believe.

4. I don't have to debate anything I do not want to, and is it perhaps possible your post made me yawn so much I wanted to kill myself just so I didn't have to drag out the most ridiculous comments?

5. What I have to say back to you:

- I don't want to get married, because....

- We want to give children homes, .....

- [Note, I do not agree wuth artificially concieving a kid, no matter if the person is gay or straight...its stupid adopt a kid that already exists]

- I do not agree with parades, ... Every parade has a theme, so why can't gays have a gay parade? Being gay and okay with it..is the theme. As for the cheating thing, hah most straight people have cheated at least once...or have been cheated on It is wrong...but people [gay and straight] do it, it depends on the person and how they feel about cheating not the sexual orientation.

By the way I personally prefer to stay somewhat quiet about what gender i sleep with in my public life, because in the end it doesn't matter i dont care who you are sleeping with, and if you are really so strung up with who im sleeping with, maybe...you need to reevaluate your life if you don't like us, ignore us...I don't like most heteros so hey I ignore them.

1. Of course human is the most smart and intelligent animal but my question for another animals living in homosexual relation is because I want show that "homosexual relation" is not natural. But in lat posting said

"Yes for the most part there aren't many "gay" animals. I want one example . Would you give me one example. I like to know. What that animal who are living in homosexual relationship. Don't give me one casual example to one event that one animal acting on another male as symbol of domination. It is hyping in human and in some regime it use it as torture in intergation.

2. I am not comparing bad things or ordering them but I give examples for feeling we are controlling and fighting until override them as the feelings towards mother, sisters,brothers, teachers, kids, etc etc.

3. If in "why most people .....". and "why most people...". you mean it Must not most then we read it all people instead of most people and all is greater than most. It is not matter i manipulate it to prove or to be satisfied.

4. No body enforce you to tell us who you are and what your feeling. Your orientation and feeling have to be inside you. Nobody ask you. That is the problem. In liberal society today there are no prosecution for that. But no need to cover it without reason or question in interrogation. We love all people and pray to them even for enemies. But don't insist you are right. Person who have heart problem have not insist to play in strong physical sport.

5. When I answered your question asking reasons why we oppose the homosexuality, I gave some examples. Doesn't matter you among them or not or whetever you participate in the prades ore not. I speak about facts we read , listen and watch everyday about cases in courts , discussion in your congress and senate, appealing to change the laws, fighting to enter the subject in curricula in schools. I don't have to give the special events and where were published. It is current affair matter if you are reading, listening or watching. When I oppose adoption to your group because it is for people wants children the normal way but failed for biological reason out of their hands.

6. Nothing me or hetero are afraid Nothing we think about how long you live more or less.

The Aids/HIV problem I already answered on your behalf because I am not quite sure. But all knows that the epidemic is more in *person* than in hetero [ask statistics, societies,...] so I suggested if it is true then heteros took it through outside marriage relation.

Edited by kasm (see edit history)

This is a very difficult question to answer. Nobody actually deems it as right, for e.g. Spain deem it as legal and allow it to happen, but here in Singapore it is banned to have homosexual marriages. For me, I think it would be extremely wierd to embrace a homosexual relationship, I can't imagine doing what I would do with a girl to a guy and to possess the same kind of feelings normally. I believe the more religious people would strongly object this, I am a neutral believer of this, as long as I am not forced to endure or accept this kind of relationships, I just let things flow the way it is. But for sure maybe in a decade or 2, this could be more accepted by the society. So many pop stars are recognised as gay icons, so how does that really put our society to believe that homosexual relationships is wrong? These pop stars are adored by teenagers everywhere, what these pop stars do, may be deemed right by these fanatics. I wouldn't say that it is right or wrong, just that it would be wierd

There is absolutely nothing wrong with homosexuality, it is not a choice, it is just another form of existance. It even exists in the animal kingdom, take the example of those gay penguins, or the fact that often female giraffes will mount other females in an attempt to gain interest from male companions. It is just a way of being, in a liberal democratic society it should not be of concern, it does not affect anyone other than person whatsoever if that person is gay, no one is harmed. If you think thats unusual that's perfectly fine, however that idea is dying and we will eventually see homosexuality as a normality, which will be nice, as people that feel supressed will be much more open. I sure hope no one here believes that gay people should be hanged, otherwise i'll definetly be at a disagreement. The 30 odd percent that think is not OK is definetly concerning, perhaps you should become friends with a homosexual person and come to the realization that we are just people, there is nothing unnatural about that kind of union if both persons are of consent and agreeing mind. You may not realize but there is a large possibility with 10% (that statistic is actually growing because the amount of people that are coming out of the closet.) of people being gay, if you have 10 friends, chances are 1 or 2 are gay!What I don't like however is the media whether it be a tv show, movie, the news, are all homosexuality as a ratings game, making movies just with gay people that don't infer proper plotlines or interesting stories just to sell. Ratings games are terrible.

icemarle makes an excellent point. But, humans often like to specify things to be right or wrong. Has it ever occured to us that maybe it's not such a good thing to categorize things as right or wrong? Before getting to far off topic, homosexuality is a THING. It's what people do. People try to bring laws into play "If I pass a law forbidding gay marriages, maybe I'll stop them all!" I don't think that is fair to say. Legality doesn't make someone stop being homosexual. If someone wants to be gay, you cannot deprive them from their agency to be independent and have that orientation. I'm not gay nor do I think others should be. Man was made to have sex with Woman. It's that simple, but others are attracted to the same sex, let them be! Man, why do all of the politics and debates and arguments have to come in to play? The main thing, I think, is because people who aren't gay don't believe in being gay, therefore they don't want anyone else to either (Generally speaking, of course, not all heterosexuals act this way). ANYWAY, as I said before think about this: Is there anytime you thought something was wrong that you agreed with? You can't put a sticker on things and post-mark it RIGHT or WRONG. Things are just simply ACCEPTABLE and UNACCEPTABLE. That's life, what more can I tell you?

Well, I can't stand all of the comments that talk about other animals. You can't use animals to compare with us. Every species is different. Isn't it hard to find an itelligent conversation? Just because other animals are gay doesn't mean we should. That's like saying just because fish breathe under water means we should go try to, as well. And just because birds fly, we should jump off a cliff to see if we can, also. Stop comparing other species with humans. Use facts about us to determine your opinions, if the topic were is the fact that some animals are homosexual is it right, that would be a good idea to point out. But it's not!

I think this is a trick question haha. Being gay is BEING gay. It is not right, it is not wrong. It does not hurt or affect you in anyway if your not gay, so why would it matter? Why is it NOT ok to you to be gay? It doesnt hurt you or your family, so whats wrong with it? Don't say religion because i could never see any God... ANY god sending someone who just likes the same sex to burn in hell forever. I'm Atheist and if there is a God like that he is cruel and that's all i have to say about that.

I don't necessarily believe that homosexuality is a belief that is born into you but I don't think it is a choice either. I love my brother very much and have watched him grow into the man he is today. We had a life most people wouldn't want and I believe that the choices that others made affected the way my brother's life turned out just as it has affected mine.My brother is gay. He came out of the closet about 4yrs ago but it was a long time coming. I don't know whether it is wrong or right and it's not for me to decide. This is something that is between God and him. Who my brother chooses to lay down with is his choosing. He has had a christian upbringing so he knows the teachings of the bible. I don't believe that my brother has conciously chosen this lifestyle but this is the natural progression in his life. It is not easy to just turn it off and forget it's there. It's not like you can just stay out of a bar so you don't drink or keep away from people with drugs so that you don't touch the stuff. This has to do with the heart because believe it or not these people's hearts choose people of the same gender.You often read things in the bible and say that that ritual or that 'saying' is something that pertains to that time and place. What if (and I am just throwing this out there) that the things against homosexuality were written down by *person*-phobes. *I know I am going to get flamed for that one*. I mean Paul obviously had something severely against marriage. He often said DON'T DO IT. Does that mean something is wrong with it? Maybe in HIS eyes but the bible often talks of love and spouses and the good that it brings.I am one of those that believe that the bible has to be taken with a grain of salt. It was written by men and inspired by God with the Holy Spirit helping them along... How many times have you or someone you know believe that something you believe is from the Holy Spirit and therefore right only to find out later it was your own closed mind and not a correct interpretation?The bible only speaks of homosexual behavior as sinful. It doesn't mention homosexual temptation. Lust is lust, regardless of what the object of lust is-- and this is covered separately.The bible states that temptation is not a sin-- only that succumbing to temptation is. (Proof: Christ was tempted "but was without sin").Therefore, abstaining from homosexual actions and not lusting, is all that the Bible calls us to do. So its perfectly ok to be "gay" as long as you know your limits.Just my 2cents...

i don't belive in homosexuality because god made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steveand when people say that it is hereditary i dont belive that either because if it was hereditary then how did they get it?its not like two guys that were gay had him and now hes gay because of it(same for women) and if it was true then theywouldent of been born because one of their parents wouldent of married of well u know with someone of the oppisite gender.

Edited by jcreuter (see edit history)

Oh my god there is nothing wrong with it!What is with some of you people! You should be ashamed tat you do not like someone for who they are!

It's becoming increasingly stupid to judge peoples' choices based on your ideals. It's wasn't EVER right or wrong, not now and not 5000 years ago. Humans can choose their own path and they don't have to give a s**t about anyone since they do not harm anyone.First it is homosexuality, then it is the right to vote, then it will be something else...Just an idiotic circle created and trully based on idiotic people.

No, I wouldn't say it was 'wrong' - it's just a personal choice, and a person has a right to their personal choice. It may offend some people, but I'd say the people it offends can choose whether to be offended or not to be offended.

A person's intelligence, talent, ability, etc. are what I look at when I talk to a person. Their sexual orientation is largely irrelevant (at least to me). So long as people don't try to thrust their personal choices on you, I don't see anything wrong in their making those personal choices.

For example, a person might choose one religion over another - well, more power to them!! I think that without this right to personal choices we would be VERY unfair to people whose choices are unlike ours.

As a small additional note, homosexuality is a documented phenomenon among animals as well as humans, so it can indeed be considered a 'natural' trait.

I will not say what is right or wrong, but I really think it is a natural thing. I have alot of gay & lesbian friends, and I know how hard it may be for them sometimes. The world is cruel, I don't think anyone should have the right to say if someones sexuality is right or wrong, because it is right for them.

Another thing I think most of the world is good at, is discrimination. Lesbian is okay, but gay is not, what is up with that? I think that is because alot of people likes lesbian because of sexual reasons, but why is it like that? Someone tell me...

My conclution is that the worlds people should live after one guideline:

Respect is the ultimate curancy!

Being gay is fine, as long as you don't pressure yourelf on people who are not. I have nothing against gay people, they are not harming me. Put alot of men are homophobic, just something men do. We don't want to be accused gay, so we will hate all gays.

As far as I'm concerned, it's wrong. My belief is based on my faith. I'm a Christian and a Southern Baptist, so I'm fairly conservative where religion is concerned. That's my personal belief, which does not supersede your (generalization) right to your own belief. Some of my friends are gay. I don't try to convert them and they don't try to dissuade me of my beliefs. *shrugs* They make their lifestyle choices and I make mine, as we're all free to do that. And they know better than to ask me to go to a gay pride rally, just like I know better than to invite them to my church :lol:

Hi,First of all who can define what is right or wrong?. No one can exactly define it for positive and negative itself is a perspective. Think about it If a teen smokes or has sex, to him it is justified but to his parents and others it is the ultimate sin. It is the same with homosexuality, We do not understand or respect what is new and different to so we suppress it coz we think it is bad. But what about them? Are they now like us who perform functions like us?Humans are creatures that reason, they say but we do not. In a documentary I saw it said that gays were highly respected for they were more highly tuned with the fine arts and history than their straight counterparts, This was ages ago. It is none of our business whether they love men or women. When we speak of morals, we forget our own sins and point at another's.So in short, I just wanna say that do not make gays look like freak shows but treat them like you and me.Whether they want marriage, kids, publicity or love whether genuine or not. Accept not reject, Be positive :lol: