xisto Community
wakelim

Is Homosexuality Right Or Wrong? your views

Is homosexuality (being gay) OK or not?  

186 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Why do you people recall Bible or religious books when you speak about such a topic?

173902[/snapback]

It's what I was wondering - for the sake of being openminded, I try to consider all aspects of the argument. This one is divided into three little genres of arguers: the religious, the liberal, and the homophobes or some little mix of each of the three. What's going on up there is a sporadic quoting of the bible and the view that "homosexuality is a sin". There are a lot of such sins that go unaccounted for that the Bible would never mention. And why did very few of the "pure" characters not have such natural urges as to seek love and more? Putting God out of the picture, why would they ignore their own life for the pursuit of what may or may not be truly there?

I still stand firm on my topic that homosexuality is not a sin by any aspect of the imagination, and denying that it's a natural thing is pretty homophobic. God is not always supposed to tell you what to do, and when you're lost in a desert, are you going to take God's advice or try to save yourself?

It's what I was wondering - for the sake of being openminded, I try to consider all aspects of the argument. This one is divided into three little genres of arguers: the religious, the liberal, and the homophobes or some little mix of each of the three. What's going on up there is a sporadic quoting of the bible and the view that "homosexuality is a sin". There are a lot of such sins that go unaccounted for that the Bible would never mention. And why did very few of the "pure" characters not have such natural urges as to seek love and more? Putting God out of the picture, why would they ignore their own life for the pursuit of what may or may not be truly there?

I still stand firm on my topic that homosexuality is not a sin by any aspect of the imagination, and denying that it's a natural thing is pretty homophobic. God is not always supposed to tell you what to do, and when you're lost in a desert, are you going to take God's advice or try to save yourself?

173952[/snapback]

Your whole first paragraph is answered in Hebrews chapter 11.

And as far as I'm concerned, if God isn't the one to always tell you what to do, then who is? Concerning the desert, God's advice of course -_-

Your whole first paragraph is answered in Hebrews chapter 11. 

And as far as I'm concerned, if God isn't the one to always tell you what to do, then who is?  Concerning the desert, God's advice of course -_-

174153[/snapback]

I can just imagine that conversation.

[stuck in the desert without water, food, or will to go on]

You: Someone save me! God! Please! I'm hopelessly lost!

God: Er...you just passed up the Land of Milk and Honey. Is that what you wanted?

You: ... perhaps *shifty-eyed*

*giggle* that was a funny mental image.

I can just imagine that conversation.

[stuck in the desert without water, food, or will to go on]

You: Someone save me! God! Please! I'm hopelessly lost!

God: Er...you just passed up the Land of Milk and Honey. Is that what you wanted?

You: ... perhaps *shifty-eyed*

*giggle* that was a funny mental image.

174170[/snapback]

That's why you ask for guidance as well :P

With something like that though, why should I worry? *shrugs*

For me to live is Christ and to die is gain (Philippians 1:21). Christ could've just taken me off this world as soon as I got saved, the reason I'm still here is to do His will and help others find Him and the blessings of eternity as well. In 2 Timothy 3:12 it says that if you live godly in Christ Jesus you'll suffer persecution, and those persecuted as such can often wish they could die to go to the better place. The reason to stay at all isn't for love of life but love of Christ that we do His will and stay here out of love for Him. And thus when death comes it can be met with relief, not fear, knowing that our race is finally over. Just some thoughts -_-

**** ya it's wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

174400[/snapback]

OK, two things. One, you don't have a reason for saying that, and two, how is it wrong? This is a discussion not a yelling match. And tone down your language, sheesh -_-

OK, two things. One, you don't have a reason for saying that, and two, how is it wrong? This is a discussion not a yelling match. And tone down your language, sheesh -_-

174568[/snapback]

BT, the mods here aren't happy about simple yes no answers, they want you to elaborate more or they consider it spam. Just some helpful advice, you might want to read the rules again just to be careful.

Apparently, this topic is a double edged sword; you get cut no matter what you say.Honestly, I don't agree with the principle of gay marriages. It's just not natural; you won't see two male dogs raising a child.It's not that I have a problem with gay people, don't get me wrong, but just gay marriages.

That's an interesting new thing to talk about. Should homosexual relationships be allowed if they harm any children that may be involved?For example, a homosexual couple [get married] and decide that they would like to take the relationship to the next level and have children. They can't have children of their own for obvious reasons, and so adopt. Would the child/children adopted be going into an enviroment they don't feel comfortable with. Maybe they don't agree with homosexuality. This would obviously create alot of barriers between the parents and the child, resulting in a lack of a loving relationship that children need at that age. Also, is it fair that a child would have to face bullying and abuse because of their parents' sexuality? Would it be fairer on the child to find a straight couple instead?

Homosexuality, Right or wrong?

I don't know if it is ultimately either right or wrong.

(Morally, Socially, or religiously).

But I do know that it is not right for me. I am an open minded, small l, liberal who is very comfortable with my sexuality. Vive la difference.

Just my opinion.

I'm *happy*. I don't honestly care if you hate me for it, or love me for it its not your deal. I don't really care if people don't like me for it, because chances are i don't like them anyway.

People can't always choose who they like. I don't really like bisexuals, i have my reasons...and i think they are good reasons why i can't respect them. But i would never wish death upon them, but i wouldnt go out of my way to be friends with them either.

I am not very fond of lesbians either, i will talk to one more so then i will talk to a bisexual, but again i wont go out of my way to be friends with them.

I'm *happy* but why do i have to be friends with bisexuals or lesbians? I don't....were not the same, no one is the same. On that note, transgendered people don't have much to do with *happy* people. Because most are actually born straight. People just like to put us "gender 'challenged'" people together....so they can have a cute little GLBT logo..that means ABSOLUTELY nothing. [i was faced with a very heart aching story, that changed my views on many GLBT organizations, because they turned their backs on the T in that little Accronymn]

Everyone should put politics and religion aside, and speak what they believe, not what everyone else believes. Peoples views are so based on, oh well my mother and father believe one thing, i should believe it too..or well my priest believes this is wrong, so i should too. What do YOU believe?

I'm not going to say i was born *happy* because I honestly don't know, it wasnt really what i thought about when i was 1 years old...or even 10 years old. True i have had experiences, i shouldnt have had at young age, but i can't say they made me *happy*- or didn't make me *happy*. I'm sure many are born *happy*, and I am sure many weren't. Or maybe we aren't born with a sexual orientation, maybe it just becomes so during puberty?

I am pissed off that a lot of teenagers today are just using the ever growing acceptance of homosexuality, to explore THEIR sexuality. Everytime i turn around a girl is "bi" but then the next week is "straight" or "lesbian" like...what the hell is all i have to say to that. Its not just girls either, some guys do it. Thats why i don't date guys my age, or a little younger because they are so into exploring their sexuality, and i dont feel like being used for someones confusion..im a person, not a toy.

I know Im *happy*, I love guys. I can't imagine myself loving a girl. I'm not attracted to girls emotionally or physically. When i see a girl, nothing happens, but when i see a guy a lot happens, i get happy...or sad depending on the circumstances. I like guy's bodies, and i like their minds. Is that SO 'wrong'?

I wondered what people feel about this? I personally believe that it's wrong and wouldn't mind chatting to others who believe otherwise to see what they think.

163708[/snapback]

I think its okay. I definitly see no problem with homosexuality. No one should have any say in who someone likes. Any human should know that you really can't change how you feel towards someone. Even though people have their opinions on homosexuality I don't think it really matters what other people say.

Sexual preference is a matter so personal that others' views bare little or no gravity. What makes homosexuality or bisexuality wrong? Come to think of it, what makes anything wrong? In this case, it seems to be wrong in the sense of against society. The problem arises in trying to find exactly which society that is--the state or some sort of subculture, like a religion.

I cn't imagine how a gay person feels. But I believe in true love and if they are having that then there's no prob with me. Although I still hate to think what sex will be like :( . But its not natural I must admit. Humans are the only species showi ng homosexualoity. It was not meant to be. How's reporduction gonna take place?

Homosexuality is a matter of physiology when pertaining to men. As for women, homosexuals and straight women have been shown through extensive study to have no actual diversion?genetic, physiological, hormonal, or otherwise?from each other! Gay men react the same way to masculine pheromones as women. Hence we can see that homosexuality (at least in men) is not something of conscious decision but something of natural origins.

This leads one to believe that there is a reason behind homosexuality. Most changes in behaviour or physical appearance or function happen because of changes in the environment, better suiting that changed organism to its day-to-day world. Homosexuality has definitely become more eminent recently, though it has exhibited itself in the past. Therefore, something recent has caused an uptrend in the homosexual lifestyle. Overpopulation may be the factor that has caused?and is causing?this trend.

So homosexuality is a good thing. Between homosexuality, forced abortions, mass killings, and realised Logan's Run, homosexuality is surely the most humane. Furthermore, the regulation of homosexuality has followed this trend throughout history. Well-established Greek city-states had no such regulations on sexuality, as their populations were healthy and in no danger of rapid dissappearance. The Hebrews, on the other hand, the desert people who were in constant persecution, would have a need to make sure their ranks weren't entirely annihilated. The solution? Get rid of homosexuality, masturbation, and endorse polygamy to ensure the greatest turnout of offspring in each generation. It is from the Hebrews/Jews that comes the idea that homosexuality would be wrong per se in the first place. After all, it is from the Jewish tradition that all the Christian laws were derived, and it was Christianity, and later Islam, that pervaded the western world.

Think about the issue objectively: Is homosexuality a moral issue; why? Most people are born with the sense of right and wrong to know that killing others is a bad thing, but whence does "Homosexuality is bad" come? It is the outdated desert morality seen in the Ancient Hebrews that still survives even in modern industrialised nations. This sort of so-called moral issue is still needed in many third-world nations who have a struggling populace, but there is hardly a need any longer for a ban on homosexuality in nations such as the United States and those found in Europe. If anything, homosexuality should be encouraged, because as the human population closes in on limited resources, the population is going to be reduced one way or another?and I (and doubtlessly many others, I hope) am not too keen on the Orwellian means of population truncation aforementioned.