xisto Community
ckuehner

First Computer You Ever Owned What was the first personal computer tha

ohh i remmeber ...it was a Cyrix II @ 200 MHzwith 32 MB of RAMa video card of ... mmm i think 4 or 8 MB a hard disk of 1.2 GB ...it didnt had modem so i bought one but i have problems with the compatibulity of my processor and i have to bought a modem more expensive :S ... it didnt had audio, cdrom, etc etc ...it was running windows 95 ... damn ... it was horrible haha :D

My first computer was Pentium I 100Mhz, some minimum RAM and some 2MB non 3D graphics card. I got also two games with it: Grand Prix 2 and Carmaggedon. I loved those games. This days I play, if I do, Monaco Grand Prix Simulation 2 cause it have great graphic and it is quite difficult too play (not as difficult as Grand Prix 4) and it is not high on demands for hardware. You need like Celeron 1300MHz and some old Voodoo3 or Nvidia Geforce 2 or 3.

My first computer:Compaq Presario 5152(250-8122) Specifications Faxback Doc. # 52626CPU:........................................................350MHz AMD K6-2 with 3DNow! technologyL2 Cache:..............................................512KB Pipeline BurstStandard RAM:.........................................................128MBMaximum RAM:..........................................................384MBRAM Speed:...........................................................100MHzUpgrade RAM Type:............................................SyncDRAM DIMMsHard Drive:..............................................8.0 GB(2) UltraDMACD-ROM:..........................................................32X Max(3)ZIP Drive:.....................................................100MB IomegaModem:......................................................56K ITU V.90(4)Cable Modem Ready(6):...................................................YesCompaq Audio:....................................................Aureal A3D Spatializer FM SynthesisDiskette Drive:......................................................1.44MBGraphics:............................................................2X AGP (133 MHz Accelerated Graphics Port) ATI 3D Rage LT Pro (64-bit Hardware Accelerated 3D Graphics) 4 MB 100 MHz SyncGraphics video memory (upgradable to 8 MB) MPEG full-motion video playback Maximum NI resolution of up to 1280 x 1024 (when supported by monitor)To lazy to type it all up so I just copyed! :D

Well, I guess here in Mexico is not quite easy to have your own PC, I actually used to go everyday to the PC lab in the university, then I finally I could earn money enough to buy a PC for my own:Pentium 4 (1.8 GH)258 MB RAM60 GB Hard-drive15" Monitoretcetc... :D

My first computer was actually not bad: Celeron 500MHz, 192Mb Ram, 10Gb Fujitsu Hardrive, NVidia Riva TNT Model64 32Mb AGP card, 15' Samtron Monitor, Yamaha 724 Soundcard, Genius Mouse :D

Oh... I feel a little older in comparison to what people say here :D because my first computer was a MSX :( I don?t remember my age then (now I?m 24), I was a child but I used it a lot so I suppose it was mine also. It was strange times when you needed a tape (or cartridges) to load games.Later I had an Amiga 500 (such a great computer)... it had impressive games in a time when PCs had too poor graphics to play anything decent. I had a Pentium 120 and now I have an AMD and I don?t ever know the speed :D because now I don?t have too much time to play games... only need something to connect, navigate and download stuff.

Oh gosh! What was my first PC, I can't remember... I think it was an early IBM model, it was so old and beige, now that I think about it, it looked so funny. I'm on a Dell now, I can't think of the numbers that go with it, but yeah, it's something like that, and it's much better than my first PC. :D

You ous are nowhere. The first computer I ever owned was known as a "Japple" or a Japanese Apple. It came with two floppy disk drives, a bus of a keyboard (With "return" instead of "enter") and a swamp orange/yellow and black screen. You could play a game called dogfight, awseome one! There were others too like snakebyte, frogger, and even Karateka. This thing was quite impressive...

In the late 80's I owned some sort of IBM. I remember playing a few kings quests and also an awesome game called montezumas revenge, I still think about that game every now and again!

My first computer was an IBM Personal Computing System MKII with a single 3.5" floppy drive and a 15" black and white!! monitor. I also had a Hewlett Packard Deskjet printer that did about 1 page per 15 minutes connected to a parallel port. This was before the days of nice push buttons to switch a PC on, there was a large white switch like those on an electric meter box! It was running Windows 3.11 For Workgroups (although we weren't on a workgroup) and it crashed an awful lot less than my XP machine does. Then again, the most advanced thing ever run on it was the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy Text Adventure.

I also did my first computer repair on it, using a toothbrush and some shoe polish, honestly! The floppy drive packed up, so I opened it and covered the spring inside it with shoe polish and it worked -_-

The first computer I (well, my family actually) ever owned was an Acer Pentium I that ran Windows 3.1. We bought it in 1994, just before Christmas. That's about all I know about it. I wasn't really into computers back then, so I didn't really pay that much attention to it...except for when I was drawing in paint, or playing games on it. I remember we used to have this game on there called Commander Keen and the only way we could get to it was by typing commands into DOS after the computer had been started up. Actually, the only way you could get into anything was by typing commands into DOS...even if you just wanted to get into Windows, you had to type 'win' in when the prompt came up.