xisto Community
ckuehner

First Computer You Ever Owned What was the first personal computer tha

My first computer...

It was so long ago...

My father bought it for me when I was 3 or 4 years old, I guess. It was IBM 286 platform with a 2GB hard disk, it had built in 5.24 inch floppy disk. I can't remember proccessor speed, but it was miserable comparing with computers today. I remember it had small monochrome monitor.

178151[/snapback]

LOL, there is no way an IBM 286 would have had a 2GB harddisk, it wouldn't even address that much data! you sure it wasn't a 2MB harddisk? would be much more logical.

i have my first ever computer last dec 30 2004,...i have a 40 gigabyte hard disk and 256 memory ive upgraded it for all my projects like video editing,gaming...webdesigning...and so much more...i have 128 mb of memory for the best gaming i want...i have a 15 inches monitor i dont want the big size cause i cant see it clearly dont know why...i im comfortable using a small monitor...i wanna upgrade my speakers...because it's not rocking...can you suggest a nice one?...thats all folks :)

my first computer is window 3.11 or something like that on 15 inch monitor.. only that i could remember.. i miss it so much as my mum threw it away... :)

My first computer was a Touch 80486, with 16mb ram, and we upgraded it to 249mb hdd, and added a modem but it never was used to connect to the internet, still works except the keyboard won't, and well that's hard to replace.

First computer I ever had was like a 93 Gateway.....i got it around 2000, it was a pentium 110mhz, had about 1 1/2 gigs of space, and the graphics was built in to the mobo, also had a whopping 32 mbs of RAM, god how I hated that thing, it was HORRIBLE.

My first computer was a Zx Spectrum (connected to the tv, loading programs from audio mediums - tapes, reels and stuff like that).Then I bought a brand new P1 133 with 24 mb of ram, Windows 31 installed on it, then I updated to windows 98. Remember that I had no windows installation cd... when win98 was crashed and refused to boot up I was using a bootable floppy to access my partitions and play my favorite dos games. I loved those old times :P . Nowadays, everything seems to be extremly complicated... especially the operating systems ... too many files and folders in your C:\ drive don't you think?

Windows 98 4gig and 333mhz celeron prossor. 64 megabyte of ram.Its probabley in a dump right now. Poor thing. :P

my first computer was some old one that uses those like flexible floppy disk. lol. it was like paper disk. i had like packman on it. IT didn't have an OS on it and only my dad knew how to operate it. i didn't know a thing. then when me moved it was the last thing left at our place. and before we could come back and get it. someone stole it. lol. but my really first pc was a Gateway Astro. It was ok. its just consist of the monitor with everything in it. so now seperate tower. lol. but it was cool and neat at that time.

The first computer I ever owned was a 386. It had DOS like 2 something I think. My parents upgraded to a 486 and were going to throw it away. It had QBasic and that was the first time I ever did anything with code. It came with Gorilla's and Nibbles (now a popular nokia game called snake). It also had a GUI called PB that I think stood for Push Button. I think that was like one of the first GUI's pre-windows. It could only fit like 8 icons on the screen and you had to type out the command and choose the icon's and order and everything. I thought that thing was awesome, and I thought I was slick because I could change the autoexec.bat file and prompt and even write a few lines of code in QBasic. I think that was what got me hooked.