xisto Community
ckuehner

First Computer You Ever Owned What was the first personal computer tha

I know I had one before, pretty sure an older IBM 386, but the one I remember is an old Gateway 2000 486 Pentium that ran Windows 3.1. It sat flat on our desk and had a floppy and CD. I begged my parents for a zip drive when I realized how many things I could store on that one super-size floppy.The IBM ran on DOS and had a 5.2 Floppy that I could play puzzle solving games and reader rabbit. It chirped really loudly because it didnt have speakers and the sound card (whatever it was) was internal. I think the IBM was from when I was 8 or 9 and the Gateway 11-13. I was too young to remember any more details.

Geh... the first computer!? I have the worst memory ever, but I think it ran on Windows 98. Or maybe that was the second oldest... >_> But I remember one of the old computers we had didn't even have a standard floppy disk drive. Instead, it ONLY supported those mega floppy disks (I don't know their exact names, but they were basically these humongo 'disks').

We had a 24k modem at the time (which is completely horrifying to imagine right now XD) and the graphics were... eh... pretty bad. All I remember playing on the computer was Packman. And I think that was the ONLY game the computer was capable of running. What a scary thought...

Hewlett packard, the worse computer company in the world, we had it where the that windows tips boxed stayed frozen with in the windows, then we went gateway 2000 it had a pretty good run until we started having are problems with it and now we have a dell and its bene pretty good to us so far.

I had my first computer about 8 years agooIt was a Pentium 166mhz , 32 MB RAMIt wasnt that bad for a first pc, i still know the first night i had the pc i played all night long PacMan :(I had sowmutch fun.And then it happend, a few hours after i got my new pc it already had a virus :D I was terrified, I thought the world was going to end, but afterwards it was a harmless litle vires and we lived happly ever after ;)Still have and use that one, only its a bit upgraded now :)

My family had a really cool Compaq computer, I loved it. But I don't remember anything about it, since I was so young... ;) But it was big and chunky and white and made by Compaq. :)

My first computer?It's a Pentium 133mhz with 16MB of RAM. No graphic card (8MB I think) and a huge 1.3GB hard disk. It had Windows 95 and a 15" CRT Monitor.

My first computer was a Pentium 2 Gateway. It served me well for a little while then I got a computer made by a local company the computer was Pentium 2 I think, I hated that computer alot because it only had a 20 gig harddrive and a 56k modem (thats when I became interested in the internet). My next computer was a 1 gigahert, 1 gigabyte ram pentium 4 with an Nvidia graphics card and an Intel Pentium 4 Processor, this computer was great until it fried (built in network cards are bad). Now I am running a Fatality motherboad with a 3 gigaherts processor, 1 gigabyte of ram, a 300 gigabyte hard drive, and an AMD graphics card (I rebuild my 1 gigahert computer). That is my continuing computer owning history.

Hmm....My first computer you can't call it a computer.When you start the computer it automaticly shut down.The only thin it could do is WINDOWS COMMANDER furhter nothing.It has no colors.Only black sometimes white.We had this computer for a while then we bought a other PC.That was Windows 95 with 35 MB RAM pentium 1 that remember I me. :)

i had to share a computer for most of my life the shared computer i had was a 133 mhz 16 mb of ram 1gb harddrive space and win 95 now i have my own computer its a amd athlon xp i dont know the specs in full

Oh my ... thinking back the first computer I ever owned was the Commodore 64. Oh that was a long time ago ... things have become so much more advanced now days. Thank goodness because without the system that I am now running I dont know what I would do. And things will just keep getting better as the years go on ...

i still have my first computer although ive never really had my very own cuz ive never had the money but our familys first computer is still in the basements but now we have a good one but ya our old one we in like 1987

my 1st computer was a HP hp computer r ok but windows ME is awful. i had to up grade t windows xp and install so many new things. HP computers r ok. if u wanna get a computer get dell or alienawear or make one ur self.