xisto Community
ckuehner

First Computer You Ever Owned What was the first personal computer tha

The first computer I ever owned was an apple. My first computer that could use internet and such was a computer that was made by a guy who used spare parts off of other computers to make my first. It only lasted two years, the fan and the power thing broke.

Mine was a Hewlett PackardBell...man, I could play any game on it I ever wanted, even leisure suit larry :P

I was 5 years old at that time, *cough*.

Right now it's in pieces and the case collects dusts...needed to be thoroughly cleaned. I hope I will be able to put it togheter next week to make it my data storage computer running linux! -_-

162586[/snapback]

wow, mine was too, it ran windows 95, 1 gig of hard drive space, old as heaven and earth. Then I got all dells, one with 98, and then three with XP.

First I had a 700 Mhz Pentium III, with 128 MB ram, 20GB hard disc and a graphic card from Nvidia... TNT 2 I think. Now I have a 2,6 Ghz Pentium 4, 256MB DDR, 80 GB Hard disc, DVD/CD-RW and ATI 9200 SE graphic card. Maybe I'll buy a new computer next year, I hope...

I win :P It had a 133 MHz proc, 6 Mb RAM, and a 256 MB hard drive, running on the version of Windows 3.1 that didn't have mouse support :P I can't believ how long I had that thing, mom made me toss it 2 months ago -_- It still worked, thats the scary part

Just a curiosity issue for me. I know that a lot of you are very young (at least compared to me), so I imagine that some of the responses will be Pentium 3's or 4's.

However, bringing back memories of older technology is entertaining for me. So if you started "Back in the Good Ol' Days" I'd like to hear what you started with.

The first computer that I ever personally owned was a Timex-Sinclair 1000. It was a small thing that hooked upi to a television for a monitor.

The base system came with 1K of memory. There was no such thing as a hard drive at the time. We stored programs on tape (basically a standard audio cassette. I also had this big module that plugged into the back to increase my memory to 16K.

The graphics were pitiful by todays standards, but not bad for the time. I was able to play Frogger and a lot of Text Adventures. I also used it to learn programming in BASIC and Pascal.

162113[/snapback]

My cousin used to have a tape one too. My first computer was a IBM 386 with Win 3.1 on it.

... So if you started "Back in the Good Ol' Days" I'd like to hear what you started with.

162113[/snapback]

My first computer was appleIIc 22 years ago.

- It looks like the laptop now in having built-in flopy disk. That flopy disk was - 5.24 inch floppy disk

- no hard disk that time for all microcomputer

- the memory was 128K not expandable (it was big for that time)

- the operating systems was Prodos or Pascal or Dos 3.3 and was by putting the floppy disk in the computer in the time of booting.

- As I was working overseas and traveling a lot, it was suitable for travel and I used the TV as monitor through a small piece called RF modulator.

- No software in that time but there were some utilities, programs and application.

- You have to program in Applesoft Basic or Pascal or Logo. Don't confuse that Basic with Visual Basic noday.

- Mouse one button can be attached [but not necessary] . But it is must when I bought MS Paint .

- I used a printer [with costly thermal cartridge]

- I still keep it but I don't knoe whether is working now or not.

That is

My first computer was an old IBM. I have no idea what it's RAM or Mhz or how many gigs it is, but I know my current old on has a intel pentium 2 processor, 512mb RAM and stuff like that. The tower is humongous. My dad has an old computer with a Nokia monitor. I thought Nokia made phones!I might check out my oldest one later and post about it. :)

Well for me,i just entered the computer world....so im still using my 1st computer....ive had it for a little over a year......Its a Dell Dimension 2350.......768MB ram......2.2GHZ procceser.....250gig HD

My first computer...It was so long ago... My father bought it for me when I was 3 or 4 years old, I guess. It was IBM 286 platform with a 2GB hard disk, it had built in 5.24 inch floppy disk. I can't remember proccessor speed, but it was miserable comparing with computers today. I remember it had small monochrome monitor. Operating sistem was in the beginning DOS and then Win 3.11.I had a lots of fun with that old peace of machinery, and I upgraded it several times. It had worked for about 10 years at least, what's not so bad.

hehe...the first computer i ever owned was about...uh i dont know lots of years mayber 5 >.< :S ;) well anyways lol that computer sucked i dint really know about comptuers much i just used them in school and it was cool lol i used this program i think it was named kid pix or something to draw.. well first of all it was used and now that i remmeber the desktop was completely FULL now that i know of computers i checked how much MB it had....it had aabout... 98! i was like o_O that was very little and my that computer crashed alot... it was a windows 2000. and i still have it .. it sucks then i got one (used again) that had about... 128 MB.. well better than the first one but since i dint know much about computers it crasheed alot of times but know i own a GrEAT computer yea too good to describe it :P well that was my first (cheap) (and second) computer the one im using know is my third and its great although when i installleed the internet it did something to my computer >.<-Microsoft

Well lets see here......1st computer i had was mackinstosh and it blowed really bad then i got windows 95 and i am trying get better gaming comp but i nee dget job 1st and been every hard get one cuz last job i had my boss *BLEEP*ed me over 1st pay check was 109 then he lowed paymated a week it was only 20 $ i like wtf is this so my dad called him and got me fired dam u dad

compaq presario...one of those when you could change the color of the case..it was good while it lasted then it crashed HARD and i lost all my music and files and i had to get a new computer because it never recovered...and now i have a dell pc and laptop

A tandy TRS-80. It used cassette tapes, had memory in the double-digit kilobyte range (32, 64?) and connected to our good old National TV. The cassette bit also played normal cassettes.Ah, the nostalgia : GroBOT and lemonade stall - still have the tapes ;)Next computer was a 286 amstrad. I have many fond memories of finding new ways to stuff that one up, like cd wordperf/clipart del *.* Y.moving on to about 1996, it was an Acer Pentium 133. That kept going for a few years (surprising for an acer) and then it failed to work in progressively larger steps. Time for the new computer : an athlon 900. A few upgrades later, and it dies, so now i'm on a six year old iMac (which is actually surprisingly good!)So yeah. That's the computers our family has owned.