xisto Community
ckuehner

First Computer You Ever Owned What was the first personal computer tha

The first computer that i ever own was like 7 years ago, it set me back thousand Ds, and the specs were crap. I think is was like 32 ram>???? not even a gig, and like 500mb of storage on my harddrive. and it was also custome made, which made it worst, since the computer store was ran by people who doesn't care about the comp as long as they sell it. That computer kept breaking and crashing every 2 montsh, and i had to shell out like 30-100 bucks to fix it everytime

First one i ever owned was back in the Windows 3.1 days, with the old *thinking hard* , 6 inch disks i think they were. Good only for word processing and playing downhill skiing.Sadly, it used to belong to our neighbour who gave it to us. Then somehow we all got in a fight so we gave them there computer back, rather violenetly if i remember correctly. :huh: Those were the days! ... Oh, and now were all friends again, Wierd!

mine was a compaxq pressario.... like 233 mhz 64 ram has i think 100 gigs right now i use as a file server for my computers lol... so it works i guess but compared to my other machines it sucks... its sitting right here on my desk off... i had slower but cant rember that far back lol...

My very first computer was a Gateway Astro. It was the all in one thingy. The monitor, had everything. So it was sorta heavy to carry around. I liked its portability in a sense. but it was not laptop in any way. lol. It wasn't very upgradable so we sorta push it aside and built our own personal computer next time. and its way better with ability to upgrade. But i should be using the Astro again one day. I should upgrade it somehow through professional.

Um my first computer was terrible it hardly even worked. It was a mac and it was bad. I still have it but it just sits in the corner being usless. But now i have windows xp and that's cool it works really good and runs smooth.

Lmao my first computer was a Windows 98 and it was sooo slow and the monitor, it was OH SO UGLY. It was grayish compared to my brothers. His was white, mines was gray. It was a big difference and my computer was uberly slow, like 10 times as much slower than my brother's. So when my brother is sleeping or he's outside, I would go on his computer and play haha then I might get in trouble because I have my own but.. a 98!! It was uberrrrrly slowwww. hahha funnyyyy. :huh:

The first I owned (MY own) was a Compaq with a 266 MHz processor, 192 MB RAM (Upgraded) and a 20 GB Harddisk, but, it was much faster than the computer I use now, i think it is becouse i USE more processorkilling programs now... :huh:

Ah lt me thinki must have ran Windows 95 with 64Mb Ram, 5GB Harddrive, 28k modem, with a 12IN monitor.Yeh it was pretty *darn* slow but I still remeber playing old DOS games on it and browsing the olde World Wide Web

It depends...if you mean specifically the first computer I ever used in my household (which my father bought), then it would be the Mac (and a "big" Mac with 512K memory, at that).On the other hand, if you're talking about a computer I bought myself, it was a DELL laptop - floppy drive, originally had Windows 3.1 (which I later upgraded to Windows 95), 486 processor (that's right, NOT a Pentium) and it crashed often...That's about it, really.

First computer I had was Commodore 64 (as many of people I saw here). Specifications:- 64K base memory (there was also improved version called commodore 128 with 128K)- tape drive (for casettes, same as audio cassettes)- disk drive (5,25" disks)- few joysticks during its lifetime :P- and other cables for connecting to tv and printerI had about 200 cassettes, most of which were games (I still remember some of them and I can tell you that todays games are 80% just remakes of those!!). Later when I got disk drive I also got some 5.25" disks (among them was "Defender of The Crown", very famous game of that time).Next computer I got was Amiga (I think 500). This was also a good personal computer, much more powerful then Commodore, Spectrum and others. I had some good programs for Amiga (graphics programs, probably the firs graphics editors in the world, and then I remember having some version of today's word).Then Atari came up with their PC, which unfortunately I never had.I sold those computers, and that is something I will never forgive myself (since they would make a nice collection today). I think I gave my C64 for about 50$ :P

first computer?, that's a 286 machine, have a 16mb memory, about 512kb to 1mb display memory. harddrive space with 40mb. Running ibm dos 3.3, and windows 3.0, that not much things can do with it, just for learning what computer is.after that, be a amd k6 cpu 233, 96mb ram, 1mb display memory, 120mb harddrive with windows 98 running. it seen much better compared with the old one.-

Well my first computer is the computer I am using right now. lol Inspiron 1150 from Dell. Celeron. Ok graphics card but not good enough to play the game Americas Army. I bought it for when I started the "IB" program.

My first was an Eagle "luggable" that my brother gave me. It had two integrate 5.25 floppy drives, no HD, a monochrome (green) screen, 8086 processor running about 4MHz if I recall correctly. GAWD I loved that thing. It was called a luggable because, though it weighed about 50lbs, it had a handle and the keyboard could be latched to it so that it covered the screen and floppy drives. I ran MS QuickPascal on it, got me through first-year programming. When I bought myself a used 286, I gave it back to my brother, and to be honest I still miss it. It's like the first junker car you get...it hardly runs, but it doesn't matter because it's summer, the windows are down, you love driving and it's the greatest thing ever.*sigh*