xisto Community
jmb2006

I Really Hate Runescape is there nothing else?

i really hate runescape, because ive been playing it for 4 years and now i think im finally going to quit. I have a lv 100, 85, and 105... 1 with 99 range and 1 with 99 str. I cant belve i wasted so much time! But when im bored thats all i can think of doing. Anyone else play this? if so post how you feel about this stupid game.

EXACTLY!

I joined (fiend [intentional] told me about it), started playing... and realised that if I had a better/faster connection this WOULD take over my life... same with MSN messenger. I took an MSN messenger brake for about 3 weeks, did my life (read: sexlife) wonders!

Anyway, good on you for quiting Runescape. If you know someone who uses Runescape and hates you, give them your account :) Let it ruin their life!

Edited by keri-j (see edit history)

Lmao, nice tactic, Keri-J. But the best thing you can do with your accounts is get them banned, insult everyone and be a jerk. Then you can't access them again and you will be totally free. I did that and I am relieved. I took an MSN break too like Keri-J did. Then I started through other games trail...Like Tribes 2, Uplink, between others, I eventually forgot about RS.

Then I started playing TIBIA. I suddenly realized: "WTH? I should stop with this *bleep*" And then I uninstalled it and eventually got my acc. removed. Soooo happy! :)

Anyways, remember this, Runescape sucks, Tribes 2 and Uplink rocks. Got it?

I used to play it like a year ago when this one kid told me about it. I must admit, I was addicted to it. I loved the fact I could keep getting better and doing more things. I stopped playing it about three months after I started, realizing how much of a waste of time it was like you did. I still visit it occasionally just for the heck of it. Not addicted luckily.

Personally I never really got into this game. I did hear about it from a friend, and I told some of my friends to try it if they were not willing to pay for MMO's. I didn't really like the game play of it. It was a pretty basic, boring game in my opinion. But then again it is good for people who don't like to pay or who just have time to kill =P. The only thing I really did was enhance my cooking haha.

I know how you feel. I played it for a while myself, but got bored. Theres someone in my uni course that plays WoW like 16 hours a day...every day.....although he doesnt really go on about it THAT much to be honest. Just brings it up now and then, just to remind ya :lol:

Runescape makes you a slave to the game. My brother does nothing but sit and play that game even though mom finally bought him a puppy that he's wanted for four years. The game costs $5 and doesn't even have a pause button... They should make one or risk losing tons of business- I sure wouldn't sign up there! Just my opinion of it, it's not cool and has a faulty system that makes you play until you can possibly save an hour later.

Omg i totally agree this game is a total waste of valuable time, i am glad i quit december 2003 and i simply cannot believe i wasted my money and time on membership and leveling to 53.To all current runescape players = Get A Life. If you wanna play a real MMORPG, play world of warcraft (although in my opinion its annoyingly addictive and takes you out of your life too).

I feel the same way about this game runescape, i really donrt see why people are so into especially when there are better games outhere, i also always here people just talk this game up and personally when i tried it i did not like it i thought the graphics were crap, as well as the game play.Heck Final fantasy the old versions are way better than this. but some folks just seem to like this and I for one just cannot understand it either.. but oh well

I also hate that game. The graphic is bad, and you dont have the felling that you r playing MMORPG. I get bored easily so i dont play mmorpg.

you know that sucks every time they come out with new quests you have to pay to play them. i mean that really sucks they make a load of money of of these addicted players, but hey as long as you pay they keep it coming out.

I love Runescape, there are so many things to do and thats why I love it. You can do anything you want, choose from a varity of different skills to train, do quests and more. It's great to play when you are bored even though the graphics aren't the best. I don't see why people don't like it. Not very many people have posted reasons as to why they don't like it. I started Runescape last year. I was instantly hooked trying to beat my friends accounts etc. Eventually everyone becomes tired of something and now I have stopped play as much as I did, I still however like the game.Someone said said the music annoys them. You realise you can turn the music off?Someone also said something about it being banned from the Shoutbox. I don't see anything about that in the Shoutbox rules, do you? Somebody also said something about the lack of spelling and grammer, you are obviously in the wrong topic, you are ment to be in the topic "I hate all online games". Deal with the spelling and grammer, it will happen in any game, not just Runescape.Somebody also said something about having to pay for the new updates. You realise that people pay for membership for a reason? To get updates. People pay for what they receive. You should be greatful that the trial of the game (playing for free) is so big and will never expire. Unlike other games that give you a 30 day trial Runescape gives you an unlimited trial along with an unlimited amount of accounts.And yes Jagex does know of the Auto Miners etc. Google it and you'll see what I mean. There is not much they can do to stop external sites promoting them. If they shut one down it will just respawn back in bigger numbers. They actually employee people to combat this, so don't say that they are doing nothing about it.Oh and someone said before "JAGEX DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU ONLY YOUR MONEY". That isn't true. They only care about the players who are members - which means that the correct statement is "Jagex only cares about you if you have money".

Well I played it once. I couldn't even get past the training level or something like that. There are so many scammers out there saying that you can cheat Runescape by downloading a virus or something. My friend once made a new email and pretended to be the owner of Jagex to some kids at our School. Did work and he got some items or something similar to that. So to conclude this, I haven't played this game really, and I think the ?5 premium membership or something like that is a rip off. ;)