xisto Community
jmb2006

I Really Hate Runescape is there nothing else?

I don't see anything wrong with people talking about runescape or any other game, it's just like talking about anything else like sports or tv, I talk with my friends about world of warcraft all the time. Runescape is not a bad way to entertain yourseIf every once in a while. I used to play a bit of runescape myself but stopped because I got bored of it. If you don't like people talking about runescape then just ignore them.

What really annoys me about Runescape is all of my little cousins (about 5 of them around 12 years of age) play it. No matter how much I try convincing them otherwise, their life is devoted to the Jagex Cashcow. For some reason their disillusioned friends all play it also, and its extremely hard for me to pull them off it. I fail to see the logic in a game which looks bad, plays bad, sounds bad and has one of the worst online communities, comparable to Counter-Strike.Paying membership for Runescape makes absolutely no sense at all to me. As others have said - WoW surely is better and if its too expensive Guild Wars offers just the one off game purchase option, which I believe is awesome (though I have yet to try either - I know it will suck too much of my time).Because MMORPGs are such a social nature, a game populated by immature brats, spammers, scammers and every other abhorid thing you can think of is something you really would want to stay away from. What peeves me even more is how a lot of the topics in the Gaming section of Xisto (especially the Clan Recruiting) are FILLED with random Runescapers posting with a lack of grammar advertising some crapped up guild. Puhleez - I really...don't...want....to...know... your....freaking....level... of....every...single...profession....

ya i mean i played it for almost 1 full year training my acc to lke lvl 90 then it was hacked i mean now i am glad it was hacked what the hell was i thinking playing a retarded game for a whole year my parents were right i should have been doing something productive now ever1 at school loves it but i h8 iot when they talk about it u know whats really sad i have got memorized almost ever examination af the items omg i h8 it i have tons of worthless info stored inmy brain

I wrote an article describing how much of a steaming load of bad game Runescape is, but I'm unsure if I can post my own article or post it here or if that's considered spam. I'll remove if that's not allowed or this is deemed too offensive or something like that, but...

Edit:

Thinking about it, I wrote it a while back, so it's still content of my own making. If there's anything wrong with posting it, I'll remove it post-haste. Or at least parts of it. Here goes... Hopefully, it'll contribute a little to the forums and this topic.

Welcome to Runescape. Your everyday normal typical MMORPG thats free. "Free" being the word that draws most people in, "Free, 3D, and not in beta" really draws a crowd. However, when you think 3D. You probably immediately think Final Fantasy or such. You're thinking... 'This is going to awesome' you read what Runescape is about, which is the cliche *BLEEP* you want to hear: "Runescape is an immersive massive multiplayer online roleplaying game with a great community and is constantly growing. Plus it is always FREE!" blah blah blah... Upon downloading it, you take a peek at what Runescape is via screenshots. Suddenly your whole idea of the game is turned up-side down. Expecting top-of-the-line graphics and textures and realism that'd blow any Squaresoft developer away. You instead get THIS:

Posted Image

AND THIS:

Posted Image

Lets not forget that you shoot at Sheep with THIS:

Posted Image

Yes. Looks fun doesn't it? Oh my. In that first screenshot, is that an elf you're talking to?

Elves having pointy ears is no stereotype here guys. These are the kinds of mother*BLEEP*ers that'd stick into hotdogs, and roast with over an open campfire. Oh and yeah.. Nice eyebrows.

Whats next? Ooooh. Could it be you, the character, walking around in a *BLEEP* environment that'd probably be better off being made out of cardboard? Want to.. EXAMINE THE GNOME ON THE RACK? Maybe.. "WALK THERE"? I got this screenshot from a website that explains how to do one of Runescapes many many quests. Want to see how gay Runescape is without even playing it? People say "Hey, the graphics suck. But heh... The gameplay owns" Yes. Lets observe. Step 11 of this retarded quest:

11. Use a feather on him then use it on him again (it will show that you used the crunchies and feather the second time), then he says he needs a magic log and a soft leather. Note: Make sure you don't use the crunchies on the Gnome on a Rack before the feather, he will eat the crunchies and you'll have to go get more.

TICKLE HIS PICKLE WITH YOUR FEATHER. Be sure not to use the crunchies on him before the feather, because he'll eat it like the total *BLEEP*ing dumbass he is. He will then tell you that you need to hunt for a MAGIC LOG and a SOFT LEATHER. I am confused. How would a MAGIC LOG and a SOFT LEATHER help you in a situation where you're tied to a rack? Just release the stupid *BLEEP* and be done with it. Oh, I get it. He's going to want you to bash his arms and legs into pulp with the MAGIC LOG and give him the SOFT LEATHER to chew on whilst you do it. Then he'll be free!

But OK, sure. Yeah. Thats just a quest. So what makes Runescape so horrible, minus the child-like graphics and infantile quests? Hmmmmm.. Could it be that you can't cut down certain tree's until you reach a certain WOODCUTTING level? Or is it maybe that you can't burn certain logs until you reach a certain FIREMAKING level? If you think I'm joking, play for yourself and find out. The games good for it having various skills to work on. The problem is that the selection of skills is so retarded, that it'd only humor the 12 year olds who actually sit around and play it. What kind of dips**t would work on burning various logs so he could LEVEL UP IN FIREMAKING just so he can burn a new type of log? What do they do? Oh I get it. Maybe the aroma from certain logs would boost your characters stats. Yeah, I could see it now...

Player 1: Hey, I'm gonna burn some dogwood logs. Wanna help?

Player 2: Sure. -Starts fire-

Player 1: Wow, I feel my Strength increasing! This aroma kicks **bottom**!

Player 2: Mine too! Wow! I can hit harder then usual!

The worst part is that this game is so retarded that it might one day go this far. If it hasn't already.

But lets stop cutting corners and get down to what every MMORPG is all about. Fighting.

There couldn't be a bigger disappointment then this so-called "intense action" that fighting is. Upon attacking something, you sit there, and swing your sword up and down, up and down, up and down. "But Alex, what about other weapons?" Same thing. Up and down, Up and down. The only weapon that doesn't do this is the Bow and Arrow. Thank god theres at least some common sense. Upon attacking your hits will show up in red splotches that pop up on the screen with white numbers inside of them indicating how powerful your blow was. You take turns. The attacker hits first, the defender hits second, then the attacker, then the defender, repeat. There can only be one-on-one fights, unless a Mage or Archer joins in. This is retarded. I want wars, I want it to be one knight versus 3 other knights at the same *BLEEP*ing time. You can't do that. It must be one-on-one in close-range combat. Logic? What?

Welcome to Runescape. The s**ttiest game on earth.

Notice from electriic ink:
Censored out some "naughty" words that the censor missed.
Edited by electriic ink (see edit history)

As far as I am concerned this game is garbage and I do not blame you for creating a vent about it. What bothers me the most is the whole Runescape community not the game it's self. Sure the game is awful but thats obvious and there is no reason to tell people about it. The Runscape community is very annoying. All they do is talk about how great the game is and how you must play it. All they do is tell you how moronic you are for not playing. When I say they are wasting their lives all they say is how much of an idiot I am and I do not know what I am talking about. When I tell them I wasted two years of my life playing that game and getting nothing in return they just shrug like I have no idea what I am talking about. Some RS fans also have a tendency of taking over things like shoutboxes and chat rooms to talk about Runescape when no one else even wants to hear about it. The community on its own is annoying forget about the game. I must admit a lot of Runescape fans do not bother you about the game but just as many do. I just want to make that clear that I understand some people who play the game are not annoying.

Edited by wariorpk (see edit history)

Are you all aware that this is even banned from the shoutbox here at Xisto? This proves that it is pure evil and that no one really thinks that it is such a good idea to have it around except the people who have been fighting the mods to have it allowed so that they can annoy the rest of us. When you search for runescape on google, what do you get as one of the top search hits? You get Xisto.com and that is just not good enough for them, they have to talk about and ask about it all the time even. Can you tell how much I hate the game? I looked it up and signed up for it once to see why everyone "seemed" to love it and it installed some sort of spyware while I was registering and now it slows my computer down until I had to manually delete it. Not cool. This game is just poorly planned and even worsely run.

I never understood the hype of Runescape. I tried it and it was pretty... ugly. I couldn't get hooked on such a hideous game. MMORPG communities are the worst sometimes. Int@rnet cliches I tell ya...

I player Runescape for a while - it was the thing to do, according to the lads at school. It was an ok game to start with; later on it just got too big. It wasn't just the boredom of the game that put me off, it was the people on it that really got on my nerves... Stupid little newbish idiots thinking they knew things... I actually got into some conversations with wanna-be webdesigners... it was ugly...Fully appreciate the creation of a vent about Runescape, even if I don't have much steam left to waste on it :)Still, cant believe I wasted time on that ####...

Hmmm for a game in wich they charge you money to get some more stuff, Runescape is pretty lame.The graphics ain't right, gameplay is unorganized and it's a pure waste of time.I rather play Kings of Chaos :)

We all get the point. Runescape is a giant gaping black hole or boil on the internet that often discharges its puss of idiots into conversations of people talking about wood burning levels. It's a god awful game, I know. Enough people complain as it is. If you're going to critique it, do it in at least a dignified manner or explain why, as many people in this thread have at least done. Either way, I don't like Runescape, never will, and usually don't like games like it. It's not a good thing if Xisto is up there if you google search for that stupid game, you know.

Yeah, i do agree that runescape is a pretty poorly made rpg compared to most now days. I dont have that problem in my school and i think as of the last couple of months runescape has lost alot of users and everyone has gone to WOW. Which i dont blame them it is an excellent game and blizzard is doing a great job with it.