xisto Community
jmb2006

I Really Hate Runescape is there nothing else?

At my school everyone have been going on about it for the past couple of years. I don't know why, all you are is some kind of character running around on a screen fighting some kind of enemy, then once in a while actually fighting a real person sat on there computer. Now also people have been saying at my school that RuneScape gives you viruses. I don't know if this is true or not, but that is what people have been saying. Now my friends waste there money on paying some membership fee to this game, now yes it is there hobby and it's what they play, but come on, paying the developers money what they make 100% profit on and can give out as much as they want, not in my life time. Now when I tried to have a go on it, I couldn't even get past that stupid 'tutorial island'. I think it is there just to bore you out for an hour before you actually get into the game. There is also people bragging about there level. What the hell are in game levels? There are combat levels and about 20 more. Now the bit I remember, before getting bored of tutorial island and just closing it and saying no more of that is fishing and chopping wood. Whats that teaching you? Spoil the environment and kill more fish? This game is certainly not for me and I don't see the point in anyone playing and then paying ?5 a month to get some poxy things.

Runescape is a fantastic free online network game. You will love it if you just give it a shot. You will think its boring at first, the tutorial.. That almost made me quit when I first started.Give it a try, you never know, you might like it.

Runescape is actually pretty well designed as far as a game engine goes. It's practically impossible to hack plus theres a lot of choices to make. Recently, their updates suck really bad and they are starting to repeat themselves. In addition, membership is only $5 a month unlike the grueling 15 for WoW

Practically impossible to hack you say? It's incredibly easy to hack actually :DPrograms that are used to hack it are openly available to the public (well you have to look for them and no im not going to reveal any of them)

The graphics which i believe were previously mentioned are absolutely horrendous. If I was playing it and touched my monitor it would cut me. The sound is so unbearable too. It literally sounds like it is being churned out from an NES. The game play is so tedious as well! Levelling skills takes so very long and is so unrewarding.

Wait

No, you know what? Im not even gonna bother :P

Runescape - yeah I gave it a go because my bro was always raving about it - I joined hoping to sneak up on him and stab his character to death (my way of saying hello)- Dec 2007 runescape is dead - in order to beat real world traders they have ripped the guts out of the game - they have nearly killed off people killers - who, though hated by all, made the game scary and fun. I'm weening myself off it at the mo and I warn you not to give it a try because it is extremely addictive.-dimmer

yeah runescape is now dead, well dead to Pkers and Merchants who made money, obviously merchanting.They destroyed Pvp, also know as PK (Player Killing).I was lvl 111, and I can't believe I wasted my life on that game. It was quite addicting, all I could do was pk, make money to pk etc.On 12/10/07 they destroyed their game due to RWT, or real world trading which is really stupid.If there wasn't any RWT then Runescape wouldn't have lead to this; its own destruction.They also killed trading which was a feature that Runescape had since it started. So now basically they will limit your trades, by 3k coins or 3,000 gold coins. Your trade has to be in the range of 3k of the person your trading.This is an attempt to stop RWT and I think basically its just ruining their game.I hope by january (when the trading update become effective, many players will quit, and stop paying for membership (5 us dollars), that they will change it back. Hopefully..well maybe not because I might get addicted to play it again :X

i dont know why i just really hate the online rpg runescape, it makes me so angry when people at my school dont shut up about runescape.

what is so great about runescape. :P

Ok... Now before everybody thinks I'm defending runescape, I'm going to say it right out that I think its really boring, and yes people who are addicted to it and keep telling me to play it are quite annoying but NOT NEARLY AS ANNOYING AS PEOPLE WHO WONT SHUT UP ABOUT HOW BAD IT IS... Yes james, I am referring to you. As a game programmer myself, I actually respect the creators of runescape for making such an advanced game in such a primitive language. The people who won't shut up about how much they hate it probably haven't coded a day in their life. They don't understand how difficult it is for java to even load data from a server which jagex (the creators of runescape) managed to get down very well. But going back to my first statement, I am not a fan of runescpae. I think it is pretty boring. And I think the people who pay for the membership of that game have never played a real fun game in their lives. So I've got a proposition that should make everyone happy: (1) People who like runescape, don't bug all your friends about it. Runescape has plenty of players already that you can play with. (2) People who don't like runescape just shut up about it. Don't tell others how horrible it is, don't brag about how you are so cool because you DON'T play it, and defiantly don't make an entire topic on it in a forum somewhere...

That is all.

Who needs Runescape? Besides, the Java script is always messed up now. :D

Runescape is java, not javascript, by the way... And yes, coding in java is the equivalent to being beaten by a club covered in barbed wire and anthrax. Edited by alex7h3pr0gr4m3r (see edit history)

I also hate Runescape. :P The game was extremely popular due to it being one of the first mainstream MMOs but is simply insignificant and inferior to all other MMOs. World of Warcraft was the first MMORPG to become worldwide and spread across the US. The majority of western gamers had little to no knowledge of the genre so it was new and extremely refreshing, thus fueling the massive amount of success it has experienced in the last four years. But anyway, Runescape is a dumbed down version of every MMORPG you have ever played. Amen.

Revan, you got the 10,000th post in this forum :)I hate runescape for the fact that you have to pay money to get special features.End of story.It should be equal for all.

nothing so good about runescape

I Really Hate Runescape

Actually there is nothing so good about runescape so geeky lame as junk they just don`t know anything about THE NATURE OF GAMES runescape all you do is take turns hitting in the gameplay and also you click and wait I mean come on!! If they are populer and they like runescape means they have bad grades I mean`t really ever tried halo 3? or world of warcraft?

-xelementalist

Yeah...they like runescape cuz you can get to lvl 9999 or something like that but the graphics suxx bigtime :) i dont like it either...i prefer my MMORPG's to have some graphics and gameplay i can relate too...like CABAL or TALISMAN (GunZ is nice too :) )

i dont know why i just really hate the online rpg runescape, it makes me so angry when people at my school dont shut up about runescape.

what is so great about runescape. :D

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title modified to be more specific.

I don't know why I just really hate people that hat the online rpg runescape.

Oh wait I do know why!

What level were you when you were playing Runescape, "james_666"?

level 3? Did you even get off tutorial island? Were you turned off by the graphics without even finished the tutorial? :o

EVERYWHERE I go on these internets there's just whiners complaining about the graphics of Runescape.

There's more to Runescape than just graphics.

The depth of Runescape's market, economy, quests, items, skills, etc is a THOUSANDFOLD more diverse than WoW, Guild Wars, Maple Story and Diablo II combined.

I'm a level 117 on Runescape. I'd post screenies but there's no such thing as girls, hot people, or pro players online by default internet lingo.

Ok... Now before everybody thinks I'm defending runescape, I'm going to say it right out that I think its really boring, and yes people who are addicted to it and keep telling me to play it are quite annoying but NOT NEARLY AS ANNOYING AS PEOPLE WHO WONT SHUT UP ABOUT HOW BAD IT IS... Yes james, I am referring to you. As a game programmer myself, I actually respect the creators of runescape for making such an advanced game in such a primitive language. The people who won't shut up about how much they hate it probably haven't coded a day in their life. They don't understand how difficult it is for java to even load data from a server which jagex (the creators of runescape) managed to get down very well. But going back to my first statement, I am not a fan of runescpae. I think it is pretty boring. And I think the people who pay for the membership of that game have never played a real fun game in their lives. So I've got a proposition that should make everyone happy: (1) People who like runescape, don't bug all your friends about it. Runescape has plenty of players already that you can play with. (2) People who don't like runescape just shut up about it. Don't tell others how horrible it is, don't brag about how you are so cool because you DON'T play it, and defiantly don't make an entire topic on it in a forum somewhere...

Yeah I have to agree with you, I don't really like runescape that much but I admit I used to play it. I didn't really like but hey it was free, and I was taking an interest in programming. But the thing is, after I stopped playing I didn't really think about it and moved on. I have nothing against people who play the game. If you find an interest in it that is great, but I don't understand why people have to complain about it. First off, it is on the internet and on a specific site, so if you really don't like it then why not just NOT go to the website? You don't have to do anything Runescape related and just let people who play it, play it. People are all entitled to their own opinion and I respect that, so should everyone else. It is good to rant on the occasion but I think that if you can avoid the situation, and don't have to be apart of what you are ranting about at all, then just leave it alone. People rant about politics and stuff, which is fine because they often rant about it if it affects them.

I've never played this game but I'm thinking of trying it out just because it was wirtten in java. I dont know many games that were written in java so I just wanna see how good it looks and plays. As for complaining about how much you hate it I dont think its bad. Look at the location of post 'vent' A place where you can vent out so if you hate hearing about it then just dont read it.

It isn

I Really Hate Runescape

Replying to Tetraca

Runescape was made for your enjoyment, you can't judge it because you don't like it. Also Habbo Hotel isn't for people like you, its for the people who like those sort of games. I hate WOW, and I don't complain.

-reply by Peterlinux