xisto Community
jmb2006

I Really Hate Runescape is there nothing else?

I don't like Runescape like most of the crowd in here either. I don't think that it's fun and charging for features that do make you a more advanced player and you actually do get better functions that are important and give you advantages in the game, frankly, is really stupid. They should've made the game's 'premium' features to not give any advantages in the game like Hattrick per example. B)

I'm not an addict in any game, though I've been one before so I know how it's like to not play something for a long time, so you must have a tougher character (something that most under 15 year old kids don't have) to get over such an addiction that makes you sleep less than 3h per day. I play Hattrick, but it's a football simulation and matches happen only 2 days a week so you don't have to check out your team every second to see if your stats 'built up'. B)

Anyhow, none of my friends hasn't played RS and I haven't met anyone IRL (nor someone from my country online) that 'suffers' from that kind of addiction.

I'm safe, huh? :PB)

Bwahaha runescape sucks hardI Really Hate Runescape

oh God tell me about it, I just walked back to my room after my brother said to me "Runescape is the best game in the world you don't understand"BWAHAHAHAHA ***?! what don't I understand? I understand that a pile of **** is more asthetically pleasing to look at than runescape, and there's something just not thrilling about 20 damage being  considered powerful, when  you start of as a noob hitting 1-5 anyway bwahaha runescape can go die in a hole :)

Runescape, a poor substitute for LIFEI Really Hate Runescape

I spent about a year in the game...Off and on, mostly on weekends.  And some weekends were definitely excessive.  I got to mid 60's in "melee" straight across the board, and 40's or 50's in most everything else (except for a handful of REALLY boring things like construction and so on).  I stopped at a combat level (I think this is right) of 82 and a total level of 1016.  Not great, but  you can understand I at least know the game.

At some point a while back, I completely lost it.  I had this moment when I realized the game was less interesting than almost ANYTHING else I could be doing at the time.  I mean it!  Taking a shower, cleaning out my car, going on a bike ride=all more exciting than RUNESCAPE!

I realized that it wasn't just the wasted time.  Somehow, I had begun to expect less and less of the game, and it continually delivered just that.

Initially, it was the players themselves that kept me coming back. In my experience, there were a few golden ones.  And I loved playing the game with them.  Unfortunately, there were countless others that only seemed to want to "level up," then thumb their (likely pimple-ridden) noses at lower-level "noobs." That really was disheartening.

Then there was just the game itself.  The game, I finally realized, has SO little to offer...A minimal world to explore, and a series of adventures really only designed to make you stay in an a patently boring game (this one has a requirement of 60 cooking and 65 smithing, etc., so guess what?  more time doing more boring crap!).  Truly, RS has not progressed much beyond the old text-based story adventure games hat took 8 3-1/2" floppies to complete. And at least those had an eventual goal--they were something you could eventually finish!

Let me just say that if EVER I pick up another online game, I will at least set the bar at it being MORE INTERESTING THAN MY EVERY DAY LIFE.

RS is meant for people who will put up with much and have little asked of them.  RS holds a carrot just out of arm's reach (this skill mastery, this task being finished) so they will keep coming back and feeding the RS money goblins. Once you realize that, something inside you will tip over, and the glass will be permanently emptied.

If you're lucky, you'll start making up the time you've invested in that turd of a game by doing something constructive. Almost anything will be more edifying than the time-stealer known as Runescape.  Try sewing, for God's sake.  At least when you sit on your butt 14 hours a day playing online video games again, you'll have the knowledge to let out the hem on your pants yourself!

Thanks for letting me RANT.

-reply by Todd

I Am Not A Big Fan of Runescape EitherI Really Hate Runescape

Well, I have been playing Runescape since last year but I rarely go on it. Mainly because my level was too low so I felt that there is no use of playing this game. My mum doesn't allow me to be a member, by the way. Until this year, in about October, I got really addicted to Runescape. I tried to do all the quests and guess what? During most of the quests, I had actually died. I died so many times and each time I failed to go to my gravestone - so I lost everything. I repeat again - EVERYTHING! I got so pissed off because I had to redo the quests, and I just got off Runescape just now. I don't hate Runescape but I don't like it either. I will play it only if there is no other game in the world. Runescape has made me wept a few times, just because I died. I know it's silly because it's just a game, but I lost everything valuable - plus my combat level is not high - Level 8. It took me a long, long time to earn the money and obviously, I will cry if all my hard work perishes. So, a little advice to you guys - I think Runescape should be the last game you play in the world. But, I have also met a lot of people from Runescape. Friends. From other countries. I am happy of Runescape just because of that - Letting me meet new friends. Well, I have not much left to say, all I can say is humans have better things to do than runescaping. ;)

-reply by Melissa

runescape fails for the following reasons1) Instead of spending COUNTLESS hours in front of the computer without gaining any sort of advancement to your knowledge, use the time to read, or solve math problems. As they say, ?Time is Money?. 2) Sitting in front of the computer can drain your energy and your brain. 3) There are health precautions. Most people develop migrain and feel nauseous. 4) The radiation from the computer screen can cause skin cancer. 5) RuneScape is an addicting game, but the graphics SUCK! 6) Its a source of advertisement and a way for Jagex to make money. The kids are tortured to force their parents to pay for membership or buy accounts/weapons from others. 7) There are users online who want to hack accounts of other players. They invite other players to their ?private server? which is set as a trap. Than, once the player logs in the private server, the username and password is in the possession of the scammer. This list a fail list. Lets start with # 1 1 - Same with WOW 2 - People die from played W O W 3 - See above 4 - See above 5 - It's a Java game for crying out load , what do you expect WOW grahpics , I'm pretty sure it would be better if it had to brought on cd and was 3.5gbs big. 6 - Ofcourse they need money , so does world of warcraft. 7 - WOW probably has more hackers than the numbers of players who play runescape. Like I said fail list

I played Runescape years ago, long before it had ever become a fad. (By that I mean when "free" was the only option, the graphics were 2D sprites, only a server or two existed, and only a few hundred people played the game.) It was fun back then due to the sense of community you could feel in the game. When a game only has a few hundred people, eventually you'll get to know the majority of them without even making an effort. When it went fully 3d, I felt that the game actually lost a lot of its niche appeal.A lot of games fail to address community issues and to provide for their legacy users (the ones who have been around for forever). Eventually this just makes old players feel like they're trying to keep up with something that's constantly being pulled away from them.Then again, I'm not a really intensive gamer, so this could just be my perspective.

Lol I remember playing this on a 200 year old computer, Apparently there have been improvements to the graphics as they did suck be honest.. I have not been on it since because I got so bored of it, I had grown out of it and just overall hated it in the end.

i dont know why i just really hate the online rpg runescape, it makes me so angry when people at my school dont shut up about runescape.what is so great about runescape. :P

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Topic title modified to be more specific.

Ok here I go *inhales* Runescape is for losers who have no friends, or that want to try to act cool by beatin up imaginary monsters with swords and little hit point signs going up whenever you do such. All you are doing is get money, use for weapons, kill monsters who were so stupid they got denied for browser rpg's. There is a kid at our school who LOVES runescape. Nickname- Ratchet.

Ratchet squeaks when he talks, has a major lisp, hasn't hit puberty, looks like he hasn't washed his hair in years, small for his age, has nerd glasses, has no friend, better chance of him shooting himself than getting a girlfriend. Yeah I know he is a dunce. So I hope everyone has learned thier lesson not to spend forever playing Runescape. Or to just sit by the computer all day. Walk your dog for gosh sakes! It is pissing all overy your carpet. Ooops. There goes your strategy guide for Runescape! Now you're angry!

I don't know why I just really hate the online rpg runescape, it makes me so angry when people at my school don't shut up about runescape.What is so great about runescape.

you see I'm sure there is a game you like perhaps football or some other game that I do not like so you see this is an oppinion you might not like a game but I might like it its the differing oppinions that make us live as humans and argue as ones.

I personally don't like watching football on tv because I see that it is somewhat boring no offence you don't like runescape because loosers play it ... Not realy in my school popular kids who like football like to play it and ive seen 20-40 year olds play it see its just another way to pass on a boar.

runescape fails for the following reasons1) Instead of spending COUNTLESS hours in front of the computer without gaining any sort of advancement to your knowledge, use the time to read, or solve math problems. As they say, ?Time is Money?. 2) Sitting in front of the computer can drain your energy and your brain. 3) There are health precautions. Most people develop migrain and feel nauseous. 4) The radiation from the computer screen can cause skin cancer. 5) RuneScape is an addicting game, but the graphics ****! 6) Its a source of advertisement and a way for Jagex to make money. The kids are tortured to force their parents to pay for membership or buy accounts/weapons from others. 7) There are users online who want to hack accounts of other players. They invite other players to their ?private server? which is set as a trap. Than, once the player logs in the private server, the username and password is in the possession of the scammer.

that is true however I like the graphics you might not but I do and as for cancer trust me you are more likely to get cancer from every day ctivities especially the sun in my country than from computer games and btw I have hear that w.O.W is even more addictive than runescape I personally played for 14 hours at one day but now I can leave it for a week of study =] so as u can see u might like w.O.W but I don't! so its differing oppinions that make us exist as humans but please have this answer in consideration and thank you for reading This list a fail list.

-reply by abdulla zeidan

You have your opinion and I have mine. It is a certain style; takes getting used to. The point is to work long hours being brain dead and then, when you're done and have the requirements for the quest, you're like: Did I really do that? Those are the moments the game creates. If you ask me, the game has perks going for it that are appealing to all age groups. Investors quickly rake in the gp because of the in-game economy based on supply and demand. The quests are original and long, and rewarding (usually). There are minigames, pvp, etc. . The community around the game includes a video maker competition (some of the videos are quite good; see TehNoobShow on youtube), and a dedicated wiki. I could go on. There is no RWT btw. The graphics are no Crysis, but still better than WOW (Don't believe me? Believe the 2d layering in the WOW demo).Cut to the point. You don't like RuneScape, you can think that. Before you go to criticize a game with obvious, if limited, success, take a moment to consider the facts. It is a different style of game, different style of graphics, all written in Javascript put nicely in your browser. I moved on to LOTRO, but occasionally log back in.

Imo if you don't like, don't play it :P no need to hate it hahaI tried it years ago, up to the level it started to cost money, then I just quit and never thought about the game.