xisto Community
jmb2006

I Really Hate Runescape is there nothing else?

i find runescape to be kind of amusing to see how all my friends are telling me to get on saying that it is so good and stuff i went on the training island just killed me then after that everything just got boring. Then one of my friends should me a good rpg world of warcraft and that is the reason i left runescape. I don't play warcraft that much, i am to busy coding. ;)

in my opinion runesape spoils children's minds with brainwashing.it is good people agree.im only 12 and had an absolutely crap time.it loses friends by "its my money" or "but i helped you with that quest so i get a share or i scam you".i have had many fallouts.

I realy hate runeskape, not just because I do but because I saw how it destroys people.Once in my class there were two friends, one of them got obsessed with runescape and the other one didnt have the internet so they broke up. Now the runescape guy is a walking zombie. Runeskape this, that. A nightmare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-Stan

I used to play this game couple years ago. I didn't work for squat, did nothing at all besides player killing. I admit the whole game is boring as hell, but when you run out with 70+ teammates and start killing everything that moves, it gets pretty funny. When I didn't PK, I didn't play. Thankfully, I've discovered the magic of BF2 and the like, so I'm all good :rolleyes:

i don't play runescape, but like you, I hate it when people start obssessing about rpg games to people who don't play it. and i can't imagine people would fork out real money to buy virtual items!

Now hold on, just because people like a game doesn't mean there's something wrong with the game or them. Forking out money to buy virtual items, that's not really much different than buying the game in the first place...

I think playing video games is just a complete waste of time in the first place, I have money to make, places to go things to do.And spending your money on virtual items, which I hear on mmorpgs can get pretty expensive, is just flat out dumb. At least when you buy the game you only have to pay once. . .RUNSCAPE SUCKS!

ahh... finally someone who thinks like me!I just hate it when my friends go talking about runescape. I don't know why but I just hate it, just like I hate Age of Empires.I don't know why people like it, because I remember being in the 'Runescape Hype' where everyone played runescape (even me).But then after like 3 days I got really tired of it and started to hate it, I even hacked on it once.

Yea runescape sucks... not only is the game pointless it has horrible animation it is a waste of money just to run around and do nothing. Kinda like WOW but much more worse... someone said that adventure quest is a good game but that is actually a lie because you still have to pay.I'd rather have an awesome game that you pay for once and you have everything available to you.If I made a version of runescape I would call it ruinscape or deathscape or crapscape cuz that is what runescape is. It ruins your life, it's crappy, and wastes the valuable time you have on earth.-quitter

Runescape isn't anything to write home about. I swear it's the most dull game I've ever played. It's redundant, based on random numbers rather than actual skill, and, above all, redundant. You end up having to do the same thing so many times that every skill loses it's luster. It's not even worth paying for. If you want to pay for a game, pay for an actual game with actual content where the designers spent more than five minutes of caring like World of Warcraft (though I don't like RPGs in general, at least WoW has full screen graphics, textures, and music that sounds like it wasn't put through a MIDI grinder).

i can't imagine people would fork out real money to buy virtual items!

See the game Second Life. It's a game where you can do whatever you want, and like real life, it's boring, but the difference is you can fly and teleport. It's the only full blown game I've ever fully disliked and was dissatisfied with (I was playing free as well, though). But the catch with second life is when you pay you can create your own items and services for other second life players and possibly make a small profit in the real world or spend it in the virtual world.
Even worse is Habbo Hotel (at least Runescape has some form of mild fun). Not only does it ripoff its art-style from good old Be Incorporated (not a big deal), it's completely dull, like second life, but it infinitely worse. You can have your own rooms in the hotel, but you have to pay for coins to pay for little 2.5D items to put in your room. Supposedly it looks like the game is to communicate with friends. If I want to contact my friends, I can do it through email. If I want to meet new people, I visit a forum. The game seems useless. I thought games were supposed to entertain me, not bore me while I watch 2.5D characters rambling to eachother and standing in line for virtual ice cream.

Hehe, all the people of my class are playing WoW, CS and Warcraft :)But yeah, Runescape is a good example for a MMORPG, well not becouse of it's graphics, but couse of its lovely gameplay :D. It has much quests to play and skills to raise. It's long time to level up, but sometimes it's worth of it :D

Runescape is actually pretty well designed as far as a game engine goes. It's practically impossible to hack plus theres a lot of choices to make. Recently, their updates suck really bad and they are starting to repeat themselves. In addition, membership is only $5 a month unlike the grueling 15 for WoW

I agree...Runescape has attracted too many addicts for no reason. Theres nothing really to like about it other than it's free and browser based. I personally think it's boring. And theres no actuall storyline to it.And runescape is almost impossible to hack. That's awesome to me!And I play SWG. That's $15 a month but I deal with it :). That actually has a story line to it.