xisto Community
BordaForx

I Hate Smokers 2nd hand smoke

Yeah I agree, I tend not like to smokers. However, I don't mind that people really smoke because it is their choice. I don't think that I will ever be a smoker because I can't stand the smell, bad breath, and horid yellow teeth. Plus it is proven that smoking is bad for you, so why do it? Well that is a personal opinion, but I also respect the choice that people had made to smoke. My dad is a smoker, and he smokes a pipe for the most part. My friends come over and say they love the smell of his pipe, but I think to everyone out there, other than smokers, the smell may smell good at first but soon it becomes disgusting. Thankfully though my dad is not a person who would smoke infront of those who don't like the 2nd hand smoke, and does make sure he is in the correct area to smoke. So for that I am thankful. But there are people as you said who decide to smoke in the wrong sections and smoke infront of you during a conversation. Some don't even turn toward the other way to blow out the smoke which makes it even worse. Hopfully the ones you know who do that will at least put it out if you ask them too. I have never had to worry about that becase none of my friends are smokers, at least not public ones, and my dad will make sure the smoke is blowing away from me.But yes, I agree, I tend not to like 2nd hand smoke mostly because of the smell rather than the heatlh damage.

Archangel_Baw, you are unique! Aside from the fact you smoke, as a fierce non-smoker I appreciate your courtesy and consideration of others. And I whole heartedly endorse physical attacking smokers who deliberately and wantonly pollute the air for anyone within reach, especially non-smokers.-Kataklysm

I hate smoking but i do not hate smokers. It may be i am a smoker. Yes smoking is very bed but still i did smoke. Its effect is lengthy and sometimes causes of death. If you ask me why i do smoke, I do not have any answer. I never suggest any people to smoke but I try to tell people how bed it is. I live in Bangladesh and there are 15% of people do smoke. Smoking public place in Bangladesh is illegal. But most of the people do not care for the laws. It may be some one never complain about smoke. But in Bangladesh people show respect to others.

This is my take on things too...don't be a hater!

It's pretty good here in the UK since it got banned in public places (something agreed with by many of my smoking friends...who wouldn't dream of smoking in a non-smokers house, which is my pet peeve). There's no real need, in my opinion, to the ban the thing completely. After all, it's their funereal (sorry to be so flippant about it, but black humour often works best :)).

I don't like peas either, but I don't start kneecapping all you crazy pea-eaters. And don't think I wasn't tempted to, either.

My mum and her whole side of the family are smokers and I'm fed up of breathing in there intoxicating poison. The smoking ban has inproved yet not got rid of the problem and the 18 year old rule doesn't affect them.I want a smoking ban Full Stop '.' Make it a class A drug...

In england, there is a smoking ban in all public places.I went to a pub, which I had not been to since before the ban, and I was amazed at how great the place smelt. It made me have a much better time. I really do not like smoking.

I hate how some people can say how it is so bad to smoke. But then make a comment about going to the pub/bar. I thought drinking was bad for you as well? I mean I know people die from liver damage from drinking. I know that people die from people drinking and driving. Hmm never heard of some one causing an accident because they were smoking and driving. -reply by sarah

My father smokes (pipe not cigarettes or rarely cigarettes) but he is actually trying to quit now. Though when he did smoke, he always took into consideration of other people. Though some people liked the smell of his pipe I could not stand it. He knew that, and he would generally tell me to either step on the side that wasn't blowing smoke into my face, or not smoke in general in front of me. He also stepped outside, usually were no one was, during parties to go out and smoke. Though he does smoke quite a bit he does think about the safety and comfort of others. I have met some people who smoke near others and some who don't even turn their head when holding a conversation, but you can't really help that. Banning smoking is restaurants may stop people from sitting near you and smoking, but that doesn't mean they will change their ways. Second hand smoke is harmful, but that is when the smoke is being puffed directly in your face. A lot of the times that wont happen and most of the smoke will drift off into the air as rejected said. I feel that some people need to learn how to act around non-smokers if they are smokers, but in generally people do have manners. I find more smokers who take into consideration of other's health then those that don't. -Jester

well a law might get passed in england where smoking will be banned in public places, i hope it gets passed, people that smoke in public places have no respect for other people, ******s.

I have a half-brother that I hate with every fiber in my being. He's a smoker and a bastard and he drinks, and he just sits around in my house all day stinking up the *BLEEP*ing joint, but I try not to judge. His life is in shambles now so I just try to ignore him, all people are good on the inside.

There are so many freakin' smokers at my school, I want to report them all and here's how I feel...

That person who just lit a smoke? He's just having a bad day. I'll hence try not to get pissed off and superkick him square in the jaw and go berserk him because he has a horrible addiction. Hit on the girl I like will you? I won't throw my huge-*bottom* backpack at you. I won't throw a fit and bash your head into the wall. I won't take my chair and bash it through your skull. I'll just be the good person that I am, and let you suffer in your lonely pit, and hope that you can quit your addiction.

Smoking is a free thing to do. I don't do it, cause it's...well...quite a bad habit. I mean, breath smoke? I don't get it. Anyways, it is fine that other people smoke, as long as they don't stand before me and blow it in my face.

Glad to see that many people hate smokers too. I hate smokers as well. I don't hate the person per se, I just hate them for being inconsiderate. In public places (in my place of course), they light up without consideration for other people. Smokers think they're so cool and macho for lighting up and its as if they want to show everyone how tough/cool they look. And the worst part? You can't show that you're unhappy, because if you do, most probably they'll glare at you. Some even got beat up, especially if the smoker is a gangster. Speaking of which, ALL gangsters smoke in my country, so smokers are associated with vice in my mind. Its hard to view smokers as good people, as I believe good people don't smoke. People who love their own lives won't smoke just for the fun of it. Its tantamount to killing yourself.Plus, my family wouldn't smoke, ever. All my family members don't smoke, and they'll NEVER smoke. My parents instill a sense of discipline and reasoning into us since we were children, so we grew up into responsible people that will never ever touch a cigarette.

I hate smokers near me; but after May 18, 2008 there will be a smoking forbidden here Turkey.After May 18 I wish I don't see any smokers here. :D

I dont hate smokers (i hate smoking. But yeah I see where your coming from, its a disgusting habbit and a waste of money as well as time and health. I'm glad most countries (in the EU at least) have banned it ! as well as others of course

My view on smokers is very mixed.My negative side comes obviously from the fact that there is an inherant risk from smoking, whether it is indirectly or directly inhaled. There is also the fact that me being around smoke honestly makes me nausious and gives me migraines. It's not an instant "you're smoking so I feel sick" thing, it does take a while before it kicks in. And it's not mental. It is a physical reaction. Along with this, I have family members who have gone through emphazema(spelling?) and so I somewhat symphatize with them. Another big negative is the obvious cost of them. People who smoke one pack a day or more are easily spending $300 a month for each person who does that. Think about what that money could be used for. There are many other things $300/month could be used for. Heck, that's $3600 a year for free if you want to look at it that way.So let's look at why I also don't have an issue with it. When my mother was a child, she was legally allowed to buy cigarettes for her parents at the store, even while around age 10-11 or so. If it was that bad then, why would they allow that? There were no warnings or anything back in those days, and there were not as many taxes or cost incurred from smoking. The warnings and "issues" started coming up not too long ago. Because of that, I still have curiousities as to whether or not the media is being honest when they say smoking is "bad." If it was, why not catch it a long time ago, rather than waiting so long? Now all of those people who were smokers are having an even harder time stopping. Because of this, I don't see it as being real negative about the PERSON doing it, but rather the ACT of doing it.In terms of my sickness from being around smokers, I would have that whether or not smoking was "deemed" hazardous to your health or not, so I don't count that into my view of smokers.

no kidding i despise smockers especialy the ones that dont care about others and smoke around every body else. i think the worst ones are the ones whos jobs are to inform us of stuff that are bad yet they smoke themselves i say this because, my middle school health teacher, and my former docter smoked. if they do harmfull stuff to their body how can we expect them to gives actualy healthy advise. i think smoking is addictive( the nicotine) like a drug and should be banned almost averywhere.

Edited by etycto (see edit history)