xisto Community
BordaForx

I Hate Smokers 2nd hand smoke

Trust me, you would hate a family member who smokes even if you don't smoke. I'd know. Especially if they live around you, just the stench is disgusting. I don't hate people in general who smoke but I hate people who smoke who seem to go out of their way to be annoying to everyone else with their carcinogenic scent.And if you live with someone who smokes, it's nearly as bas as smoking yourself, so that's actually a really serious thing.

I don't understand why people smoke. It's not even addicting. People just tell themselves that it is as an excuse to smoke. Why do you people start in the first place if you know you are probably going to get lung cancer and could effect the people around you.

The thing that smokers don't realize is how much they and the smoke smells. They are so used to it that they don't even realize how nasty it is. And once you start, it's nearly impossible to stop. People that are like 40 or so grew up seeing ads that encouraged them to smoke, so it's not totally the smokers fault. Luckily they banned these ads. People back then didn't realize the consequence of smoking. Why people do it today, I don't know. You almost want to ask them why they are wasting their life. No good comes out of smoking. The main reason I suppose is just to be "cool". What's said is that we have tons of things that encourage kids not to smoke, yet they still do. The government is cracking down on smoking, but don't think that it will be banned totally in the near future sad to say.

First of all: many smokers are polite. Many of us follow the signs, ordinances and laws. I don't smoke within 20 feet of any building's entrance/exit when I'm at my college campus because that's the city ordinance. There are rotten people in every possible group or category. A few bad apples and all that. It doesn't make everyone in the group rotten, rude, inconsiderate or worthy of hatred.What also bothers me is that there is in fact a double standard. If I said, "Man, I hate fat people," a lot of people would jump on my case for being cruel and insensitive. But somebody says, "Man, I hate smokers" and it's okay.No. It's not.Say that you hate when people smoke where they are not supposed to smoke. I'll agree with you on that one - it's a rotten thing to do. Personally, I hate when non-smokers throw their paper trash into the public ashtrays...because then I can't throw away my butts properly unless I want to start a small fire. But because not all non-smokers do that, I'm not going to sit in judgment of the entire group.

I dislike the smoke - not the smoker. What bothers me was when I'd stay in a place that says "smoke-free" and I find out the place stinks like cigarette smoke AFTER I pay for the room/meal/etc. I stayed in a small place with family for a week for $250. The place reeked of smoke, and we couldn't get out of it because the lady who owned it cleaned it as she smoked. That may be why she rarely had anyone rent a room there - even for such a low price.Edit: I'm allergic to cigarette smoke, if anyone's wondering. And not everyone smokes 20 feet away from doors. One guy smoked a cigarette by the front of a Wal-mart door.

Edited by CinnamorollTK (see edit history)

I cant stand being next to someone who smokes. The Smell gets all over your clothes and its very hard to get out. 2nd Hand Smoke is becoming more and more of a problem in the U.S. More and more people are smoking and starting at a younger age. The Average Smoker Starts when they are 13. It's a growing problem that needs to be solved.

Who here hate smokers? smoke .

You remind me when I was traveling a lot by airoplane, demostic and International, It was problem to us especially to my wife. Some were in nonsmoking place but were smoking and I have to complain to rectify the matter.

I personally don't care . My girlfriend in the past was smoking and I don't feel that even though it was reason to breakup. Shet failed many times to quit.

In Australia, in my state, it is forbiden to smoke in public place and very soon will be forbiden in Resturant too. But my opinion it is not fair to them to stop in entertaiment places.

i won't say i hate smokers. not really. there's a certain extent where it becomes unlikable. i have friends and classmates who smoke and i just recently found out that my dad smokes too, well at least not in the house. i think he knows that we "could" imitate his actions that's why he kept that secret for a long time. it's not that he doesn't want us to inhale the smoke, but because he doesn't want us to copy that habit.i have been around these people who smoke (except my dad) and it doesn't bother me that much (despite the fact that i have weak lungs), although what bothers me is the smell. too much and i need to evacuate. i know very well the dangers of second hand smoke, but sometimes, you can't just put up your handkerchief or towel in front of someone who's smoking just to let them know that it's affecting you, in my opinion that's kinda rude. you could tell them that it bothers you that they smoke in front of you, and you'll be surprised some people actually consider finishing up a stick and throwing it away before they talk to you. some of my friends blow the smoke on a different direction because they know not only that it's affecting the other person, but also know that it's rude to blow a smoke on someone. it's like invasion of personal space. i guess the poster of this topic didn't realize that what he says seem like he's stereotyping. being a smoker doesn't make you a bad person.i kinda agree on the part where some people don't actually read signs. let me reiterate that this is not about the habit of smoking but the part of breaking a law just to do the habit. in our country, it's prohibited to smoke in public vehicles. and for me it's rude that while the public vehicle is running (usually on open air and not air-conditioned), a smoker pops up a stick and lights it up. the worst part is, you're behind him. i remember one time i was riding a bus and the guy in front of me just went on smoking. i kept on putting up my face towel to cover my nose and kept on doing the "ehem" to make him notice. he kept on smoking even though there was a clear sign on the bus about the law of not smoking in public vehicles.i personally ask my friends who are smokers why they smoke, their primary motivation, when they started, etc. most of them say it's what makes them calm, just like how coffee makes you awake. i have never heard of a friend say "because it's cool". i think after the first try, it just goes on and on. a friend became a chronic pack-a-day smoker and her girlfriend had to stop him. apparently it was just temporary. it's hard to get rid of the habit out of the system if his girlfriend was a smoker too. it takes time to not to smoke, but the effect of smoking on the body is permanent.

If their's any category of people I hate (and I'm not a hater at all), it'd have to be that group of people who chooses to hate a group of people who do something they disapprove of. It totally figures that Bordaforx is the topic starter because he's just that sort of person. Someone who hates an entire group of people just because they all have one thing in common: a habit that he disapproves of. You know, I go to the doctor every now and again and I'm always asked "Do you smoke?" and I'm always honest in my answer: "I have on average 1.5 cigarettes per day." I recently discovered that I've been labeled a non-smoker at the V.A. Doctors and RNs at the VA don't think it's that disgusting and they see the people affected by it the most. They don't judge me to be a bad person, but somehow BF is above all that. Well, I'll tell you something BF, there's a good way of alienating good people around you and you're doing it quite well.

My father smokes, and in the 16 years he's been smoking before I left, his cigarette smoke gave me asthma. This especially sucks if your a distance runner. Now my endurance is way down from what it should be, and I'm set back a while to reach my full potential, thanks to smokers.

I don't like smokers much. My mother always would smoke in the house when I was a kid. I was exposed to so much second hand smoke. I'm sure my lungs aren't nearly as healthy as they could/should be because of it. I've never smoked a cigarette in my life. I think there should be laws limiting smokers more. That's like allowing murder. I mean it's proven that cigarettes are harmful and lead to fatal illnesses. Why should we allow people to walk around killing themselves or other people. I especially think we should take action against parents who smoke around their children, because I don't want other kids putting up with that like I did.

Who here hate smokers?

I'm neutral at the thought of smoking because the person might not be able to quit smoking and I also feel for the innocent around smoke.
I wrote a paper on second hand smoke and no, it's not worse than 'the smoker himself smoking it.' Why are you indicating it is a male smoking?
One thing you could do is discourage the smoker by pointing and gagging while holding your nose and then proceed with running away. Their reaction makes smoking worthwhile. :P

I'm from Ontario, Canada, and smoking in public places is illegal here. I am also a smoker, but I have no problem with this law. I can see why you would be so upset.I'm more considerate of others when I smoke, but a LOT of smokers are extremely rude toward non-smokers. I have seen people blow smoke deliberately into the faces of non-smokers and I have felt the need to intervene and actually physically attack the smoker for it, several times I might add. I don't even smoke in my home. Around my son or any children, and if there is an adult non-smoker around me, I will move far away to smoke.but your point is very valid to me:)

I hate smoking but i do not hate smokers. It may be i am a smoker. Yes smoking is very bed but still i did smoke. Its effect is lengthy and sometimes causes of death. If you ask me why i do smoke, I do not have any answer. I never suggest any people to smoke but I try to tell people how bed it is. I live in Bangladesh and there are 15% of people do smoke. Smoking public place in Bangladesh is illegal. But most of the people do not care for the laws. It may be some one never complain about smoke. But in Bangladesh people show respect to others.