xisto Community
BordaForx

I Hate Smokers 2nd hand smoke

Well, all I can say that smoking is really bad for health, your organism is getting lot of poison, noto to mention your skin looks unhealthy. Second hand smoking is something that non-smokers shouldn't get. But it is not wise to say that all of smokers are not respecting rules here. SOme of them are really true fanatics as some non-smokers are.

Ok, it would be nice to get some true law that will draw lines what is permitted and what is not. But looking to what we do to nature, all of poison that is in the air all the time, electromagnettic poluttion, poisons that are used for agrocultur, it is all coming back to us thru the air, water... . So smoker are just 1% of all poisons that are around us, alot of them are invisible and we are unaware all of dangerous things.

161463[/snapback]

Hmm... fanatical smokers... How is this a good thing? :P

I thought most people opposing cigarette smoking did here so mostly in regards to those who do it where it affects those around them in public places, not the smokers who do so in private.

You're right, it would be nice to have more laws regarding cigarette smoking, I'd like to see more banning all smoking in public places with fines and sentences for those who violate the laws.

As for the poisons we are unaware of I'm sure if more people knew of them there would be more action against them. We do know about cigarette smoke and its dangers to even non-smokers unfortunate enough to have come into contact with a thoughtless smoker. Just because there are a lot of poisons out there doesn't mean we shouldn't act against the most obvious ones, like smoke from cigarettes and pipes.

I agree. Both of my parents used to be smokers and they always smoked in the house and I hated it. It was horrible and they just didn't understand what it was like to breathe in all of the second hand smoke. Now, my mom has quit smoking and she reliazed just how bad smoking smells. She now makes my dad smoke outside and my house has been smoke free for over five years. It is a lot healthier this way but my dad still has not quit. I don't think that he really wants to either. Its not the lack of will power its just that he doesn't want to stop. He claims that it is a great stress releiver even though my mom claims to be less stressed since quitting. In short, smoking bites.

When I lived with my grandparents, my grandpa used to smoke, a LOT. I was 8 and I got acute broncihitis. I'm OK now, but still it's kinda sad. I run fast, and hardly got out of breath. After that, even though my running speed didn't diminish, I was more out of breath. BTW, I'm thin and nimble and get some excercise, but I get out of breath more easily than before. :D

cigarette smoke is very annoying and now the world knows its deadly its a very horrible smell and it gives me a headache, so i try my best to stay from around anyone that smokes them. luckily no one in my family smokes, atleast not in the house around me and if someone else is smoking i remove myself from the situation or if i know them, kindly ask them to remove themselves to a more open area where the smoke will not bother me

My mum smokes and absolutely hate it, it's a disgusting habit!I must say though, my mum always asks for a non smoking table, but goes to the smoking area to smoke. I think that smoking in public buildings should be banned and if the government could, ban smoking all together, because smoking is actually harmful towards everybody, smokers and non-smokers.A while ago my parents started a course to quit smoking, only my dad made it unfortunately. My mum has tried over and over again but goes a bit ;) loopy, such as searching for cigarettes in the bin, lol.Anyway, yeh, I do dislike the habit, not necessarily the people smoking.. :D

"I hate smokers." ;) To hate affects the subjetc more than the object. You shouldn't hate. It will harm you more than second hand smoking.Smokng is definetely a bad habit. But smokers shouldn't be considered bad people. As it is with any other addiction. It is a disease. It is the same with drinking, drugs (of any kind, legal or not.) Chocolate, coffee, coca-cola, TV, and the internet.All addicts of any kind, should be helped...not stigmatized. And less than anything: hated.On the other hand. I agree many addicts of different sorts behave in an annoying manner. Poor of us. We can't see that annoying others is not going to help anything. If we don't respect others, they will not respect us.There are many things that annoy and affect people. The smoke of factories and cars pollute my lungs more than my cigarrettes. The fact that some countries in the world pollute and contribute to global warming more than others affects my present and future life. Even those that play their music really high affect my health. But I don't hate any of them. And I am not calling them names.I do insist that they change their behavior, Yes. But I do not stigmatize them at all. Because, I try to understand that there are reasons for them to behave like that. Not only that they are bad.I honestly think that if all the people tried a little bit harder to put themseves in the other's shoes, we all would be better able to fix all the things that annoy everyone. We would live in a better world.Kind regards,JoePS. BTW. I am a very heavy smoker, and I have tried to quit many, many times. If anyone has a good idea that would help me quit, I will really appreciate it.

PS. BTW. I am a very heavy smoker, and I have tried to quit many, many times. If anyone has a good idea that would help me quit, I will really appreciate it.

164212[/snapback]

My dad used to smoke, but I remember when he quit. It was really hard. I don't really know how to explain this...but he just quit. No patches or anything. I guess it's because he has amazing discipline.

yeah going cold turkey is very hard to do most people fail at it because they do not believe themselves or have the support of family and friends.

lol I love it when people hate me :DNo serious... I'm a regular smoker and the "ban"smoking thing is just ignorant. Look at the exhaustings from cars, factories and airplanes... THOSE are the real unhealthy things, those cause people to die and those cause even a more awfull smell then just some cigarettes. I'm not saying smoking is healthy though, but before banning smoking, ban those cars, factories and airplanes (and numerous other things) 1st... Otherwise it would be just hypocrite! ;) lolpeace

Not all smokers are bad, like the people that just smoke on special accasions I dont mind, I dont like the smokers that smoke in areas where a bunch of people are, I mean, if your like me that smell just gets on my nerves if I smell it for to long. I also dont see why people smoke in their cars, I mean, the stench just stays in the seats and eventually your car smells horrible! I dont see why people smoke anyway, it can KILL you.

lol I love it when people hate me -_-

No serious... I'm a regular smoker and the "ban"smoking thing is just ignorant. Look at the exhaustings from cars, factories and airplanes... THOSE are the real unhealthy things, those cause people to die and those cause even a more awfull smell then just some cigarettes. I'm not saying smoking is healthy though, but before banning smoking, ban those cars, factories and airplanes (and numerous other things) 1st... Otherwise it would be just hypocrite! :P lol

peace

164805[/snapback]

The excuse of "other things are hurting people so it's ok for me to hurt people too" is not valid. -_-

I've graown to have tolerance towards smokers, even though I'm a non-smoker myself. Last time I heard (and correct me if I'm wrong), smoking was not allowed in many - if not all - public places in Toronto. Still, you'll find some people who "forget" to see the non-smoking sign and light one up anyway. Here in Japan, there is a much more lenient view towards smoking. There are no more cigarette vending machines in Canada anymore, but in Japan they're everywhere!

The excuse of "other things are hurting people so it's ok for me to hurt people too" is not valid.  :P

172923[/snapback]

Erm no, not really -_-

As long as I only "hurt" myself it's ok. I don't smoke near non-smokers.

Erm no, not really -_-

As long as I only "hurt" myself it's ok. I don't smoke near non-smokers.

172945[/snapback]

Then the person who started this thread probably wouldn't hate you. He/she only mentioned those who subject others to their smoke.