xisto Community
BordaForx

I Hate Smokers 2nd hand smoke

i really hate non smokers who like to go on rants about smokers, talking about all the dangers associated with smoking. Last time i checked smoking was not a death sentence. Your more likely to get cancer if you smoke but it's really no garantee. Oh but wait car exhast will kill in a not so sealed room, and also pollutes the whole world not just your own little one. I guess we all have to put with other peoples vices.
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Well now you have hit a nerve with me ... not a good move at nearly 12.30AM when I have been having a REALLY BAD day.

You are obviously a NON-Smoker ... YOUR CHOICE

I am a Smoker - MY CHOICE

No one is saying that you have to like smokers, if you dont like it dont hang around them ... plain and simple. NO-ONE is going to tell me that I cant smoke when I want ...

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BE ADDICTED TO SOMETHING??? Obviously NOT!!!

Yeah you got me annoyed big time here ...

Well now you have hit a nerve with me ...

Who?

not a good move at nearly 12.30AM when I have been having a REALLY BAD day.

You can't intimidate people over relatively anonymous fora. What are you going to do, type someone's ear off with CAPS?

DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BE ADDICTED TO SOMETHING??? Obviously NOT!!!

172974[/snapback]

Oh... -_-

Both of my parents smoke. I don't, my sister neither. I don't like it, cause everytime they take a cig. I imagine their health turning bad. When I'm in a restaurant, I don't have any problem with people smoking, as long as they don't blow smoke towards me...I JUST HATE THAT !! I think, people should decide themself what they want with their life. They make own choices, but as long as they blow there smoke upwards, you won't here me say anything. Enough information, books, articles etc..to know that smoking isn't the best thing to do for your health, so people who chose to do so, know what they are doing. That's Fine.

I hate smokers too. Well, not the smokers, what they smoke...Cigarette: Oh god, it's intoxicating me i think. Most smokers don't care that in an hermetical closed elevaor, you can kill everyone with an CIGARETTE. Seriously, to smoke that, go somewhere else than a closed place where oxigen is almost missing.Cigars: Hmm, good year. Just a scam the cigar sellers says. The buyer thinks that it's true. Hey, hello, it's still an CIGAR.Other nocive things like pot: Let's not talk about it okay?End of this... writing.

I still don?t understand why smokers would have to get into such an irritating habit if all they want is just nicotine in the cigarettes. Why can?t they get a nicotine pill or a nicotine sticker or injection if they really like the chemical so much? Plus, you won?t give out the annoying smell with the smoke and bring hazards to the health of others. I don?t like all kind of smoke, no matter it is cigarettes, cigar or pipes. They are smell horrible. But many people smell horrible anyway and I am not as intolerant to tell as to hate them simply because of the smell. One thing highly arguable is whether we should provide government subsidized healthcare service to the smokers. Of course nearly all of the smokers know the effect of smoking to health, but they are not only harming the health of themselves. With the lung cancers and chronic pulmonary obstruction disease, they are also putting a burden on the healthcare system. Of course, we have to respects their rights to smoke, but subsidizing them in a roundabout way is another matter.

I dont like to give free advise but i dont like smoking not smoker.Also, It is bad for health..not only for smokers but for others tooo..and it is EXPENSIVE....If you count the cost the you know..Anyway, it is their life and there money but dont make others pay for it...

I dont like to give free advise but i dont like smoking not smoker.

Also, It is bad for health..not only for smokers but for others tooo..and it is EXPENSIVE....If you count the cost the you know..

Anyway, it is their life and there money but dont make others pay for it...

173870[/snapback]

Agreed, I've seen several smokers here saying its their right and for non-smokers to not tell them what's wrong with it.

However, as with freedom of speech, a right should stop when it interferes with the rights of others. When you start saying derogatory insulting things that negatively affect others, that's when your "rights" begin encroaching on the rights of others, and where the boundary should be.

Likewise with abortion, women want to say its their right, but your rights should stop when they encroach upon the rights of others... Even before Roe vs. Wade, abortions were allowed in the rare cases of rape or endangerment of the mother's life, using such as arguments for abortion are just straw man tactics.

I'm gonna stick my head into this one, even though from the looks of things, I could get shot for this...I am a smoker, yes..however, I am a polite smoker, if that makes any sense. I don't smoke in restaraunts, etc., and I do not smoke while other people are around. I take that back.....the only people that I smoke around are those that are smoking with me. You guys can go around saying "I hate smokers" and other ranting matters, but think of this: Are each and every one of us all the same? No. It all goes back to that whole "to each his own" thing.....just because I enjoy smoking doesn't make me think that you will. I enjoy it for me.....not to piss anyone else off. If you don't like it, I respect it. I can speak for all smokers on this forum when I say that we'd wish if it were the same vice versa. We smokers have made a choice to smoke....maybe, MAYBE a few of us were forced into it by peer pressure or something along those lines, but overall, we made the choice to smoke....true, they are horrible for you....we know that......it's not like we just now found that out and said "WHAT??? I always thought they had Vitamin-C in them!!". We like it for how it makes us feel. Not popular or anything like that......but the feeling you get after smoking.....it's like getting drunk after drinking alcohol......feels good, huh (well, minus the puking and passing out parts occasionally)? That's what we get......it's like a.....for lack of better words, a "smoker's drunk". You wouldn't know anything about it, because you don't smoke.I agree with you all.....the people who smoke around those who don't, and act like they don't give a **** about those people are real (add whatever name you want in here). They deserve to get lung cancer early in life. But for those of us who are actually respectful of you and your opinions, instead of saying "I hate smokers", say something more on the lines of "I hate the disrespectful smokers". You'd probably have more smokers on your side that way

Ugg i hate smokers. I have a them at school and they come in to school form the parking lot at school everyday reiking of smoke i just want to stangle them. It cant possibally be good for you and i dont know what pleasure they get from it. It serves no value except to be cool. It is stupid and you are killing yourself.

I personally don't like smokers though I know people that do. Smoke smells so bad and is really bad for the smoker and the people around him that breathe. I think its fine if poeple want to kill themselfs by smoking but they shouldn't indanger other peoples health/lifes by smoking.Its kind of funny though. Im from Minnesota and in my city they have a smoking ban in public restaurants. So people that smoke have to go outside to smoke which is perfectly fine with me. It keeps the restaurants and bars cleaner and then when I go there, I don't come home smelling of crap. I think its awsome that the government did this. Though most smokers hate the government now but oh well.

I don't hate SMOKERS. Not smokers in general. I'm not prejudiced like that or anything, and I know that you aren't either. Smokers get addicted to smoking and there's really nothing they can do about it.... I hate smokING. SmokING is bad. And that is what I really hate, for the same reason you do.

I agree with some of the posts here. All smokers aren't like what you describe. Some smokers follow restaurant rules and smoke in the smoking-section. Some smokers don't even smoke in public, but in places where they won't annoy people. As for you saying that you hate all smokers I won't believe that you would hate a family member or somebody close to you. Maybe you hate that they smoke, but I don't think you hate them because they smoke.