HOME       >>       Science and Technology

Do You Enjoy Using Window Xp

Styx

i've only tried out mac OS on other's computers, so i couldn't make a comprehensive decision. i did find though that xp pro was quite easy both to run, user friendly, and also relatively easy to hack. i have it running just the way i want it to run, and have never had any problems with it. the only ones i've heard of are when people who don't know what they're doing get this brilliant idea to reinstall their OS, and then come running for help because they messed up the settings. last week someone came and told me they had encrypted all their files with EFS and then reformatted the C drive, without saving their certificate. what can u say to something like that? in that sense, the 9x systems were better because they were easier to tamper with, but also to recover and repair. i would like to switch over to Linux, but i'm waiting for a better GUI. i don't like working with bare systems.

weeman212

win xp is really good but ive never used linux or os so i cant compare but its much more lively and modern than win 98

jjhou

i think that if you compare XP to other M$ products then yeah, its probably their best OS, but, linux is way better, at least from my point of view, and ive only been using it for the past 4 or 5 months, no crashes or anything.I hate when XP crashes, with that blue screen, or lately it hasent been shuting down well, so its just not very good with me. Maybe its different with you but, not with me.

FuChelle

I like using Windows XP. It looks nicer, is easier to use for those who don't know much about computers, it has more features, and more programs are compatable with it. The only thing is that it seems to be more prone to viruses than other operating systems, and over time it runs slower.I run Windows XP and Windows 98 on my computer because I like the features of XP and the simplicity of 98.I have never tried out any linux operating systems so couldn't really tell how good/bad it is compared to those. Of all the Windows operating systems though I think XP is one of the best.

Ghost

I like to use Windows XP because of the way it looks, but I think it has some flaws. Such as instead of the simple search engine and help it gives you some extra unnecessary stuff. Also XP is easier to get a virus because they have to constantly keep udating XP. Unlike 98 when you update like oncew a year.

Styx

i rarely have crashes on XP. of course mine isn't a normal installation. i've heavily tweaked and edited the registry and installation, and it runs faster and with less glitches. overall, yeah, i'm quite pleased with it. and it's a great improvement over the 9x win OS.

Munchie

No Comment....I dont enjoy using it but I dont not enjoy it. So im in between. Its just a platform really to me, something to work from, like a book at school.Nothing fancy about skins either, simply because I use the good old Win 98 classic skin which I think is the best, also maybe uses less resources.~ Munchie ~

wariorpk

I personally don't really enjoy using windows xp. In fact, I don't really like xp because it crashes all the time. Its ok though I guess.

Damann

i hate XP because i use it and its constantly crashing freezing or having a resource hog running such as "windows idle proccess" lol that takes up like 90% most of the time

Phi

i use windows xp myself , i dont know how to compare other computers with this because i havent try the others myself , i head linux is pretty good , and in my opinion mac sucks. But i still stick with windows xp. Runs pretty fast. I have turbo drive. Its sweet.

Keeper

As for me, System Administrator.

Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed is the best operating system for computer clubs, BUT! If you can spend some time and money for buying and licensing Windows CE especially for your club/office or business it'll give you more points than standard Microsoft Windows XP

Windows CE .NET, the successor to Windows CE 3.0, combines an advanced real-time embedded operating system with the most powerful tools for rapidly creating the next generation of smart, connected, and small-footprint devices. With a complete operating system feature set and comprehensive development tools, Windows CE .NET contains the features developers need to build, debug, and deploy customized Windows CE. NET-based devices. The platform development tool, Platform Builder, is a fully integrated development environment (IDE) and includes a software development kit (SDK) export tool. Windows CE .NET supports Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++ and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, providing a complete development environment for building Web services and applications for the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework, a subset of the Microsoft .NET Framework on the desktop. With these tools, developers can rapidly build smart designs running rich applications on the latest hardware.

It was quote from Windows CE .NET homepage

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee504814(v=winembedded.70).aspx

Because i saw some Internet clubs in my City where were deployed Windows CE and it were great for Internet Surfing! Fast and Stable like rock!

Keeper, Sons of the Dragon http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

FirahStorm

Well, although WinXP looks better, has more abilities than any other Windows OS, and so on, I really prefer Win2000 above XP. Mainly because of its stability, and compatibility.

electriic ink

Over here I can choose on of the three OS { 98, XP HOME SP2, XP PRO } and because I've never really used 98 or XP PRO as in done much with it, I'd have to choose XP HOME for how comfortable and easy-to-use it is but I'm sure if I were to use XP PRO I'd prefer that

spawn_syxx9

I enjoy windows xp very much. It hasn't ever really caused me any trouble less when a bug got in.

rvovk

I am using windows Xp for 2 years now, I haven't had any problems with them, viruses, security exploits really doesn't bother me, since I use it wiht Kaspersky antivirus and Sygate firewall and really no problems what so ever since beggining. Actually you can get viruses on any system if it isn't secured enough, all in one XP is good piece of software.

brent

I love windows xp it way better than 98 for networking and all the other things are better to

coolkarthik88

i really like win xp but i have only 64mb ram so i uninstalled it. it is really fast with everything loaded secure and never crashed with 64 mb ram while 98 crashes now and then.

shigajet

I've been using XP at home and Windows 2000 at my school and I haven't had any mojor problems yet. Both are quite good on theier own merits and much better than ME (on my old laptop). Windows 2000 is stable since it is based on Windows NT, but Windows XP is also solid and great for networking.

Sprnknwn

Although I?m a great detractor of Microsoft itself, I must admit that they have (finally) released a good OS, stable and user-friendly at the same time. But I?m not very sure if it?s a safe system... you know there are constantly patches for detected security issues.

hayri

Keeper said:

As for me, System Administrator.

Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed is the best operating system for computer clubs, BUT! If you can spend some time and money for buying and licensing Windows CE especially for your club/office or business it'll give you more points than standard Microsoft Windows XP wink.gif

Windows CE .NET, the successor to Windows CE 3.0, combines an advanced real-time embedded operating system with the most powerful tools for rapidly creating the next generation of smart, connected, and small-footprint devices. With a complete operating system feature set and comprehensive development tools, Windows CE .NET contains the features developers need to build, debug, and deploy customized Windows CE. NET-based devices. The platform development tool, Platform Builder, is a fully integrated development environment (IDE) and includes a software development kit (SDK) export tool. Windows CE .NET supports Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++ and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, providing a complete development environment for building Web services and applications for the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework, a subset of the Microsoft .NET Framework on the desktop. With these tools, developers can rapidly build smart designs running rich applications on the latest hardware.

It was quote from Windows CE .NET homepage

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee504814(v=winembedded.70).aspx

Because i saw some Internet clubs in my City where were deployed Windows CE and it were great for Internet Surfing! Fast and Stable like rock!

I think he's right, especially the thing with the stability of XP

Pages :-

Page 1Page 2Page 3Page 4Page 5

VIEW DESKTOP VERSION REGISTERGET FREE HOSTING

Xisto.com offers Free Web Hosting to its Members for their participation in this Community. We moderate all content posted here but we cannot warrant full correctness of all content. While using this site, you agree to have read and accepted our terms of use, cookie and privacy policy. Copyright 2001-2019 by Xisto Corporation. All Rights Reserved.