xisto Community
catforum

Do You Enjoy Using Window Xp

Do you enjoy using Window XP  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I enjoy WINDOWSXP.. It was alot more stable for me then win98. Programs run better, no more crashes. However, it still does have its down sides. The damn services you DONT need, the annoying windows update.But other then that, I do Enjoy it.

Hmm I can't really say that I do or don't enjoy using WinXP. I have to say that I like it a whole lot better over WindowsME which was the last MS operating system that I ran (Vaio sr-33 laptop). I starting using OSX 3 years ago so my expectations have raised a little bit as far as what I expect from an operating system. I have to admit that I enjoy the graphical interface that OSX offers. I can't say that I'm disappointed in Windows. I've never had a fatal crash that caused loads of data loss. I've never been infected with a virus. I've had to deal with my share of spyware/malware though. Easy enought o clean up with adaware and spybot. I discovered that WinXP ships with a lot of services running that the average users has no need for. By turning almost everything off my pc runs a lot better then what it did after a clean reformat. Anyway, I said 'no comment'. I don't really have a reason to bad mouth WinXP, but I don't really have anything to gloat about.

I enjoy Windows Xp, I Have all the updates and everything and I really havent had a blue screen, or a freeze in my newest computer. I have two partitions for it though, 1 for internet, mail etc and 1 for multimedia programs such as photoshop, 3d max, fruity loops etc. I did this just in case something happens to the internet partition, since Windows is the most used OS, I think that is the reason for it being attacked a lot. This isnt going to keep me from trying out linux though, Im gonna install gentoo and some other linux os from there. :lol:

I don't like WindowsXP but unfortunately it has the only GUI which runs on my comp. Win9x don't support my comp anymore (too much RAM) and there is, until now, no Linux distribution which supports my graphics setup - a nVidia geForce 4200Ti 64MB in the AGP-slot and an ATI 3D Rage Pro PCI 4MB. Even in windows it took me about an hour to set it up (who could guess that I have to disable my network and sound cards before I activate the ATI card so the ATI card finds resources it can use?)...

I enjot using Windows XP. It is really user friendly compared to Linux, and i have had no major problems up until this point.

It's ok. I like it a heck of a lot better than windows me, which is running on my parents computer. ME was complete garbage. I keep saying that I'm going to try Linux, but I never do. I've only used it (command line based) a little bit via a remote connection for some school projects.

yes i enjoy windows xp withmany serive pack with antivirus with firewall and media palyer and many bugs but i want run many software in windows xp and i have not enough ram and cpu then my pc goes to have bad result of xp i think Windows xp is not very very good :lol:

i like windows xp. proably because it's the only type of computer i've tried :rolleyes:. i have a virus block thingy, so i don't worry about those. and my computer goes sooper fast, and i like that

basically, i don't think theres anything wrong with windows XP

67126[/snapback]

I like windows xp too, but when it comes to the used of computer services windows xp are limited to that.. like using you hard drive to another computer it really wont work, so in my part, I used windows 98 when I do computer service,repair and diagnostic, because hardisk with windows 98 installed on it can be transferred from one cpu to another so when you diagnose hard ware device I advice to use windows 98, and that is the reason why I'm using two operating system right know xp is for my personal stuff, and windows 98 is for other purposes.

i like windows xp. proably because it's the only type of computer i've tried :lol:. i have a virus block thingy, so i don't worry about those. and my computer goes sooper fast, and i like that

basically, i don't think theres anything wrong with windows XP

67126[/snapback]

I like windows xp too, but when it comes to the used of computer services windows xp are limited to that.. like using you hard drive to another computer it really wont work, so in my part, I used windows 98 when I do computer service,repair and diagnostic, because hardisk with windows 98 installed on it can be transferred from one cpu to another so when you diagnose hard ware device I advice to use windows 98, and that is the reason why I'm using two operating system right know xp is for my personal stuff, and windows 98 is for other purposes. :rolleyes: s

Enjoy?mmmmmmmm i put no comment as to me its just an OS and provides no thrills and nothing to enjoy.But as far as userbility and function, its not a bad OS.but i certainly wouldn't say i enjoy using it or not. . . . as i generally take out my anger and blame windows when something majorly cacks up

Enjoy using XP? Yeah, I sure do... In my opinion, XP is a great Operating System for gaming given that I am a gamer. It supports most game available in today's market and furthermore, games can be run flawlessly unless there are some hardware problems. There are several complaints on XP though, as many people have known, Windows is fragile and can easily be attacked from outside. Thus, we need to put up for another extra cost in buying an anti virus. With the price tag on the Operating Software, it really burdens me to buy an anti virus. XP in my opinion, is good but costly and fragile to attacks. Maybe the Microsoft company can lower the price a little bit. Second complaint is that XP is not very good for high quality image or graphic designing. I may be a gamer but I am also a graphic designer. When I am going to use Photoshop plus several extra plug ins, the program is loaded so long, I can walk accross the hallway to get a drink before coming back to my PC. I mean it is very long, well, I am using 512 MB RAM and 2.0 GHZ processor, it should be enough. Maybe the plug ins are too many, but shouldn't XP be ready for that?Hmmm...I guess there are several other concern about XP but little not that important, still I will always use windows because it is the gaming operating system. For games, XP rulez!!!!

Well, here is the thing Windows XP is better than other windows because it does everything for you.; However, i do belive it had alot of bugs when it first started off. With service pack 2 XP seems ot be much more faster and deffinetaly secure. I am a big windows person because my first computer has "98" on it and now i have advanced to XP (Which is a great operating System). 98% of whe world uses Windows as there operating system.

Here check out this new operating system. It is called "Long Horn"

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

this new operating system is still in testing and i don't know when it will be released but htye say it has a lot of bugs..... can't wait to see it when it comes out