xisto Community
catforum

Do You Enjoy Using Window Xp

Do you enjoy using Window XP  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I enjoy using it but it could be cool if we could select a different template or make your own. Pretty cool for me I would put coasters anyway back to subject.Windows is probably going to have a other one in the next couple years as windows xp just about over I say. We have to wait and see.

I use XP Professional and i'm happy(not much, but still) with it. There are plenty of bugs and rebugs and we need to be updating all the time for some new bug/security fail or something like that, but i don't find software as easily with any other operating system. All my work and pleasure applications run in XP and not in Linux or 98...But the end is near...i'm afraid my portable computer won't qualify for another service pack or operating system update...after Service Pack 2 everything went on really slower :rolleyes:

I've been using Win2k for quite some time, then I switched to xp pro, now I'm back to 2k... Don't know, seems qiute more stable than xp (tends to crash a smaller number of times), even though xp looks much better (using for all the fancy graphics a considerable amount of RAM... don't forget it!).Sure I enjoy it, but i think i'll stick to 2k... until i learn how to use linux properly!

I dont mind using Windows XP, but XP is intended for a decent computer.Theres parts of Windows XP that arent designed to well, for instance, Luna. I think it was a bad idea to design such a complex theme, mainly because people are used to the previous looks of Windows. They should default to the classic look when installing Windows XP.I dont mind the redesigned start menu, epecially when it is organized properly, it is extremely useful.Theres options like System Restore that really take a huge amount of unneeded disk space. If everything drastic happens to a computer, I would reformat and that would fix all of the problems.Service pack 2: I dont like it to much, and as I said, its intended for a decent computer. The only feature I like is the wireless utility. There has been quite a lot of incompatibilities with Software and Drivers, and I dont want to take a risk, just incase anything happens. In the long run, I think XP is a decent operating system. All OS' have their Pros and Cons

Enjoying Windows XP? Are you kiddin' me? It's ridiculed with bugs, viruses and a service pack 2 that degrades or destroys your machine! WinXP is the most bloated OS I've ever encountered. I use Linux, not bloated and definately not ridiculed with bugs and have service packs that are not machine degrading or destroying.I am part gamer, so I use Linux to the best of my gaming, if Cedega can't emulate it, then I use Windows. Even in the case of Windows; Win2k SP4 is faster and much stabler than WinXP.After 6 months testing, the results are from worst to best Windows OS:Win MEWin 3.1 and lowerWin 95Win 98Win XPWin 2Kand of course Linux is better than Win2K except for Mandriva (formerly Mandrake).xboxrulz

Enjoying Windows XP? Are you kiddin' me? It's ridiculed with bugs, viruses and a service pack 2 that degrades or destroys your machine! WinXP is the most bloated OS I've ever encountered. I use Linux, not bloated and definately not ridiculed with bugs and have service packs that are not machine degrading or destroying.I am part gamer, so I use Linux to the best of my gaming, if Cedega can't emulate it, then I use Windows. Even in the case of Windows; Win2k SP4 is faster and much stabler than WinXP.After 6 months testing, the results are from worst to best Windows OS:Win MEWin 3.1 and lowerWin 95Win 98Win XPWin 2Kand of course Linux is better than Win2K except for Mandriva (formerly Mandrake).Plus, KDE (using QT technology) has the best desktop environment I've ever seen, better than the Win32 GUI on WinXP.xboxrulz

I enjoyed using Windows XP all the while. The user interface is friendly and many themes and skins can be applied on it. By the way, i hope i hope i can get the answer to this question (hope is not off-topic :D ):I have been told that Windows XP cannot use memory ggreater than 512MB. Is this true?Thank you.

i woudln't say i like it but i just use it because its there. The only think I like it for is the many software that is compatible with it. Like people build software mostly for windows computers. If only i could dual boot windows and linux... well i could but i gotta get linux first. lol.

Xp is mch better then win 98, ME and the others.I dont know if its better then linux or not because I have never used linux. But I really like xp, because most games can be played on XP. Many softwares only run in xp. And its looks are great, there are many themes which make xp's visual effects even better. With SP2 you can get much better protection so I really like it.