xisto Community
catforum

Do You Enjoy Using Window Xp

Do you enjoy using Window XP  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I DO like Windows XP, but I think that it's a little too easy to use. For some reason (Don't know why), I like things that are a little harder/more complex to do, on a computer at least. I also liked the Folder Customizing in Windows 98, where you could use and HTML Template to cusomize, so that's something about 98 I like better. There's other things I like better about 98, but I like XP because of it's speed, and works better with hardware. There's also many other reasons why I like XP (I don't like all the security flaws it has, though...took a lot of time updating to get the second Service Pack).

I enjoy using XP conpared to my laptop with Windows 98... Is more user friendly, and easier to use overall. Windows 98 is very buggy and freezes or locks up very, I mean verry easily. Out of Windows 98, Windows 2000, and Windows XP, I perfer 2000. It has less system requirements so if you have a low-ended PC, it will run better than XP. :)

Oh no, I hate XP. In fact, it uses too much RAM and CPU. But of cause u can launch it on 500MHz Pentium III, but anyway you need a much faster machine.I think that Windos XP is for users, not for those who use computer only for pleasure and not for them who want their software and programm be safe. There are a lot of wholes in Windows XP and so it can be hacked easily. For me Windows XP is bad Windows 2000 with graphics and worse defianse. And people who buy Windows XP are just users who like beutiful pictures on their screen.

I dont reall have a comment about it......I truly like how easy it is and how simple accessing everything is but really prefer linux due to its different functions and stuff...But out of all of the past windows distros....Xp has made its mark due to its amazing swiftness and not many snags other than constant viruses and trojans and hacks that have gotten out of hand....I just think alot of other problems have arrisen and caused many government issues to arrise....The whole Piracy stuff has causes a big issue with windows by how it is so easy to just copy it and run it....Also I would like to comment on its crack on this situation though which is causing those who cant afford a decent OS cannot obtain it unless they rob a bank to get the money for it hahaha....I dunno but no comment here :-\

Well XP its alright compared to some of Microsoft's old operating systems' features.

Example:

Anti-XP: The new XP visual themes can't be edited at all. You'll need either change a system DLL or get a third party application that can change the visual style. In 98? Pfft, plain, simple (I mean that as a plus) and EDITABLE.

Pro-XP: Paint can save in JPEG. Might sound kinda stupid, but I like that.

Oh no, I hate XP. In fact, it uses too much RAM and CPU. But of cause u can launch it on 500MHz Pentium III, but anyway you need a much faster machine.

I think that Windos XP is for users, not for those who use computer only for pleasure and not for them who want their software and programm be safe. There are a lot of wholes in Windows XP and so it can be hacked easily. For me Windows XP is bad Windows 2000 with graphics and worse defianse. And people who buy Windows XP are just users who like beutiful pictures on their screen.

67523[/snapback]

Indeed. XP Uses many resources. In order to boost your system you'll need to install the PRO version and turn off unwanted services (google "windows xp services removal guide"). If you're going to do the last one mentioned, please use System Restore before you touch anything at all.

I enjoy it I geuss, I like it more than the other versions of Windows, and stay with Windows because Windows has much more program compatability, but I like Linux more because it's fast and powerful, I've wanted to put it on my PC, but I know it would make my mom mad.

Its definately easier to use, I tried out Linux a while back and had such a headache messing about with the fonts, not sure it compares today but back then, it took alot of work to get screen fonts to look sharp and crisp, I took XP and windows for granted, they make life so easy we forget stuff like there font technology and ease of use, mind you though, this easeness comes at a price (vulnerability), my linux box always felt secure!

By default XP does consume a lot more resourses than win98 or maybe win2000. But if properly tweaked, it can run fairly well on a 150mhz 128ram computer with an ancient video card. Win 98 still boots faster but its a royal pain in the *bottom* to set up a wireless connection with it...

That depends on what Im doing I mean If im playing a game or summat then yeah but If im (as I really should be doing now) doing my physics coursework or summat then no, but In regards to general use then I do agree that it is thier best OS yet as it offers more functionality and stuff like that, however I do not enjoy cleaning up the viruses it is very suseptible to. Also i do agree with the use of system resources, its high usage does occasionally cripple my less than great computer.

I have pro, haven't had much experience with xp home.

68179[/snapback]

Windows XP Home Edition is a LOT slower than the Professional Edition. My old PC was an Intel Celeron 950MHz 112mb ram (16mb for video ram). When it ran under home edition, I had to wait around 3 to 4 seconds for menus to show up. But when it ran under pro edition, they popped up inmmediately. Everything else is the same.

When I actually had Windows XP installed onto my computer, I already had a bad feeling about it. I hate Windows XP. It was slow, all sorts ofweird pop-ups popped up every 10 minutes or so (and they weren't wholesome messages either), it had a lot useless stuff in it, my printer modem and sound card did not work on it (I wasn't going to buy XP-compliant hardware either) and apart from the graphics, in short, it was bad. Now, I'm just talking about Windows XP Pro. I won't even imagine how bad Windows XP Home is. :) I'll always like my Windows 98.