xisto Community
catforum

Do You Enjoy Using Window Xp

Do you enjoy using Window XP  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, i think that if you compare XP to other M$ products then yeah, its probably their best OS, but, linux is way better, at least from my point of view, and ive only been using it for the past 4 or 5 months, no crashes or anything.I hate when XP crashes, with that blue screen, or lately it hasent been shuting down well, so its just not very good with me. Maybe its different with you but, not with me.

I just think it looks better, not so.....crappy....I'm not a big windows user though... I have to agree with the other guy though ..Linux is way better.

Linux is way better, and yes XP is M$'s best OS, not that that is saying much. As for Aaron's comment that it is more prone to viruses, I think that depends on what your are comparing it to. A M$ OS is naturally more prone to viruses since it is by far the most used operating system, so naturally more coders are trying to break it. Dispite this XP would rank fairly high in the pecking order though, because it has a number of security flaws, but again I say what are you comparing it to, to other OS manufacturers products, yes, to other M$ products, no. The whole windows family (including the server editions) has been riddled with security flaws wich made it easy to exploit, the longer a product is on the market the more patches they can release and the more holes they can patch, so thus right now it looks like XP has more problems than say 98 but compare it to 98 fist edition and I think you would have a different story. But dispite this there are still many problems that were in 98 that they were supposed to have fixed in xp, so perhaps the trade off is worth while?

winxp is the bomb! thoough when you want to change your board, you have to format the whole frigging system! but apart from that it is cool, cool, cool!!!i love the desktop pictures and the style, i could die and go to heaven!!!tehehee

Yeah I like Windows XP. People saying "windows is the worst blablabla" is just dumb. Of course, there are many viruses - that's because there are many users, and there are many bugs - because they just upgrade a very old system into something newer all the time, of course it's buggy.

Yeah I would like Xp too, the clean GUI makes it easier to use than windows98 and things like that, but some of the features are rather annoying. I have been looking for linux for ages, I got it on a disk a few months back, but I lost the disk... Hey, this is kinda off topic, but, can you install linux and windows xp on the same computer? My friend has windows 98 and xp professional on the same machine, and he uses 98 for the internet and work, and xp for games and stuff. Just wondering.

i like windows xp. proably because it's the only type of computer i've tried :). i have a virus block thingy, so i don't worry about those. and my computer goes sooper fast, and i like thatbasically, i don't think theres anything wrong with windows XP

Yeah I would like Xp too, the clean GUI makes it easier to use than windows98 and things like that, but some of the features are rather annoying. I have been looking for linux for ages, I got it on a disk a few months back, but I lost the disk... Hey, this is kinda off topic, but, can you install linux and windows xp on the same computer? My friend has windows 98 and xp professional on the same machine, and he uses 98 for the internet and work, and xp for games and stuff. Just wondering.

67115[/snapback]

Yes you can have a dual-boot system running both windows and linux. Linux would have its own partition on the hard drive however, xp couldn't read it, and it works the other way around too. Kinda tricky to install I think, actually I was planning on doing it, but I never got around to it.

I do enjoy XP. Even though I have had some little problems with it I can't complain too much because they were so simple to fix it wasn't even a worry.

When i first got xp.. i absolutely hated the interface and graphics and stuff.. I'm still getting use to it after nearly a year... It looks nice.. but it's really big and chunky.My uncle has windows XP and chinese ver of win xp professional.

i use win xp now.first time using it after some years using win98se, i feel there was a significant speed when browsing internet. and sure it has more powerful multi asking than before. but the bad thing is there are many "hole" that make inviting some internet virus in. im sure some people experienced 1 minute rebooting! without any interuptions possibility from user. fortunately there are some patch for sealing/masking the holes.i like win xp just for client but mostly like unix/linux for server.. :)

Quick fix for that, right-click on desktop, properties, appearance, windows and buttons pull down menu thing, windows classic stlye. I personally use the silver version of the xp one, but I HATE that green start button. That one thing ruins it all for me.