xisto Community
catforum

Do You Enjoy Using Window Xp

Do you enjoy using Window XP  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i rarely have crashes on XP. of course mine isn't a normal installation. i've heavily tweaked and edited the registry and installation, and it runs faster and with less glitches. overall, yeah, i'm quite pleased with it. and it's a great improvement over the 9x win OS.

No Comment....I dont enjoy using it but I dont not enjoy it. So im in between. Its just a platform really to me, something to work from, like a book at school.Nothing fancy about skins either, simply because I use the good old Win 98 classic skin -_- which I think is the best, also maybe uses less resources.:D~ Munchie ~

i hate XP because i use it and its constantly crashing freezing or having a resource hog running such as "windows idle proccess" lol that takes up like 90% most of the time

i use windows xp myself , i dont know how to compare other computers with this because i havent try the others myself , i head linux is pretty good , and in my opinion mac sucks. But i still stick with windows xp. Runs pretty fast. I have turbo drive. Its sweet.

As for me, System Administrator.

Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed is the best operating system for computer clubs, BUT! If you can spend some time and money for buying and licensing Windows CE especially for your club/office or business it'll give you more points than standard Microsoft Windows XP -_-

Windows CE .NET, the successor to Windows CE 3.0, combines an advanced real-time embedded operating system with the most powerful tools for rapidly creating the next generation of smart, connected, and small-footprint devices. With a complete operating system feature set and comprehensive development tools, Windows CE .NET contains the features developers need to build, debug, and deploy customized Windows CE. NET-based devices. The platform development tool, Platform Builder, is a fully integrated development environment (IDE) and includes a software development kit (SDK) export tool. Windows CE .NET supports Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++ and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, providing a complete development environment for building Web services and applications for the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework, a subset of the Microsoft .NET Framework on the desktop. With these tools, developers can rapidly build smart designs running rich applications on the latest hardware.

It was quote from Windows CE .NET homepage

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee504814(v=winembedded.70).aspx

Because i saw some Internet clubs in my City where were deployed Windows CE and it were great for Internet Surfing! Fast and Stable like rock!

Keeper, Sons of the Dragon http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Over here I can choose on of the three OS { 98, XP HOME SP2, XP PRO } and because I've never really used 98 or XP PRO as in done much with it, I'd have to choose XP HOME for how comfortable and easy-to-use it is but I'm sure if I were to use XP PRO I'd prefer that :(

I enjoy windows xp very much. It hasn't ever really caused me any trouble less when a bug got in.

I am using windows Xp for 2 years now, I haven't had any problems with them, viruses, security exploits really doesn't bother me, since I use it wiht Kaspersky antivirus and Sygate firewall and really no problems what so ever since beggining. Actually you can get viruses on any system if it isn't secured enough, all in one XP is good piece of software.

I've been using XP at home and Windows 2000 at my school and I haven't had any mojor problems yet. Both are quite good on theier own merits and much better than ME (on my old laptop). Windows 2000 is stable since it is based on Windows NT, but Windows XP is also solid and great for networking.

Although I?m a great detractor of Microsoft itself, I must admit that they have (finally) released a good OS, stable and user-friendly at the same time. But I?m not very sure if it?s a safe system... you know there are constantly patches for detected security issues.

Keeper said:

As for me, System Administrator.

Windows XP with Service Pack 2 installed is the best operating system for computer clubs, BUT! If you can spend some time and money for buying and licensing Windows CE especially for your club/office or business it'll give you more points than standard Microsoft Windows XP wink.gif

Windows CE .NET, the successor to Windows CE 3.0, combines an advanced real-time embedded operating system with the most powerful tools for rapidly creating the next generation of smart, connected, and small-footprint devices. With a complete operating system feature set and comprehensive development tools, Windows CE .NET contains the features developers need to build, debug, and deploy customized Windows CE. NET-based devices. The platform development tool, Platform Builder, is a fully integrated development environment (IDE) and includes a software development kit (SDK) export tool. Windows CE .NET supports Microsoft eMbedded Visual C++ and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, providing a complete development environment for building Web services and applications for the Microsoft .NET Compact Framework, a subset of the Microsoft .NET Framework on the desktop. With these tools, developers can rapidly build smart designs running rich applications on the latest hardware.

It was quote from Windows CE .NET homepage

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee504814(v=winembedded.70).aspx

Because i saw some Internet clubs in my City where were deployed Windows CE and it were great for Internet Surfing! Fast and Stable like rock!

I think he's right, especially the thing with the stability of XP