xisto Community
Rs-Server

How To Change Your Ip Address. In Less Than one Minute, Change Your Ip

I'm getting a little rounded up here... why would you need to specify an IP address if you're using a DHCP? That alone should determine your local addresses...
as far as the access to external sites is concernced, I think you would be looking into proxies ->

also -> if you have a static ip address, you should run a nameserver

P.S. :> ipconfig /renew

should getcha a new ip address off your dhcp...

I use a static private-IP for our Knoppix-Router (PC with two NICs and one DSL-modem booting a LIFE-CD) to become a fixed gatewayadress in our LAN.
For more datails look into my: Tutorial for a Knoppix-Router
I recieved a dynamic IP from my ISP for the internet. To become a new dynamic IP from my ISP i just terminate the internet-connection and login again.

For the reason that DHCP is very slowly on Windows i use also static IPs for every Windows-PCs in our LAN.
In the network configuration of the TCP-adapter of our Windows-PCs i add two IPs of nameserver, so we don´t need to run our own nameserver.

If we change our local IPs of our Windows-Pcs, so that every Windows have an own IP for a LAN-Party, then we have to restart/reset all our switching-hubs, so all older entries in the buffer are properly removed.

Using two or more switching hubs in combination:
a) normal Port - crossed cable - normal Port
B) normal Port - normal cable - Uplink-Port
c) Uplink-Port - normal cable - normal Port
d) Uplink-Port - crossed cable - Uplink-Port

For ominous network problem with Windows XP maybe the Winsock reparation standard procedure can help:
Start as administrator: Start => execute... => "cmd"
netsh int ip reset ipreset.txt
netsh winsock reset
netsh winsock reset catalog
netsh firewall reset
netsh firewall set icmpsetting 8
netsh firewall set service FILEANDPRINT ENABLE SUBNET

Then restart windows.

Dirk

you do know that if you have a dynamic ip address than the simpler way how to change it is if you have a router, either restart your router or log on to the router page and disconnect from the internet which means all the computers on the network get disconnected but when its quickly reconnected they request new ips from the router. this comes in handy for things like bypassing download limits on rapidfail, circumventing the megavideo 72 minutes limt (which btw i don't know any other way around it). and other limts imposed on the internet which rely on your ip address.

I really envy those who have dynamic IP at home. My ISP gives me static IP and this is the reason i get to waste so much time on many business transaction site. These sites want to have static IP. I don';t know how they find authenticity from that but i would really love to know if i can really work out using vidella or similar softwares.

I really envy those who have dynamic IP at home. My ISP gives me static IP and this is the reason i get to waste so much time on many business transaction site. These sites want to have static IP. I don';t know how they find authenticity from that but i would really love to know if i can really work out using vidella or similar softwares.

Static IP addresses are related to physical address (where the wires go, to which house, through which Ethernet switches located in which place) which is the ideal case for traceability. Videlia works with the Tor network, it switches your IP address which is seen as the one of your proxy server, which is the IP address of your current Tor node.
If your philosophy pushes you toward anonymous surfing, you can use Vidalia without any trouble. As usual, depending on the node on which you are, you can experience traffic slowdown. And when you feel sick with it, you simply stop the Vidalia service, and everything goes back to normal.
However, don't use this for illegal usage, because your real infos are still inside the Ethernet packet, only your browser IP address is anonymized.

1) Uhm, I'm sorry to be that guy... but it's 'Vidalia'. :P2) Tor is pretty slow, to say. Also note that you need a chain of >1 Tor nodes if you want to get anonymous.

Do the ipconfig /allor if you are old skool.... winipconfigyou ip address is on Status of you network connection, click the 'Properties' button and do the same for the 'Internet Protocol Version 4'. You can adjust you IP addresses here.

It's simple enough for me to change my ip. I simpy login to my router, click disconnect, then click reconnect. I opted for the dynamic ip instead of the static ip from my isp and they looked at my like I was a crazy person.

It's simple enough for me to change my ip. I simpy login to my router, click disconnect, then click reconnect. I opted for the dynamic ip instead of the static ip from my isp and they looked at my like I was a crazy person.

Isn't it the same thing as
ipconfig /releaseipconfig /renew
It's two command lines, so two actions, but you don't need to connect to the router, so it's simpler.

I thought that only released your local ip address (192.168.0.*/127.0.0.1) instead of the routers isp ip. If it connects to the router and resets the ip though that's handy enough. I know you can do it through telnet as well but that's an extra couple of lines of code.

I think with most routers you can manually release / renew the Internet Service Provider's (ISP's) IP address through a web or software configuration interface. For example, with my D-Link router (DIR-855 to be precise), I can log into the router's web interface (using the IP address of the router gateway) and release / renew the IP address lease with my Internet Service Provider.Although, this release and renewal of the IP address through the router configuration interface may not always work, especially if the Internet Service Provider keeps giving back the same IP address for you to use (in the past, my Internet Service Provider had fixed leases of a few months, whereas now a new IP address is given whenever I trigger the release / renew function on the router, or when I turn the power to my cable modem completely off, resulting in the cable modem needing to re-establish IP address leases with the Internet Service Provider).

alright you kb cowboysHow To Change Your Ip Address.... Listen...There is no command that you can enter into a windows home computer that will renew your WAN IP. WAN = WIDE ACCESS NETWORK a.K.A. Your ISP = Internet Service Provider a.K.A "the beginning of your internet"It has been stated already but I keep seeing people post retarded stuff.Modem/Router is the ONLY way.If you continue to believe that ipconfig will be your hero... Shut it already. You don't know what you are talking about. The only irc server you will fool doing that would be one that is hosted within your local network... And if you have that going, you damn well better know more than you do now.The ISP issues IP leases usually based off of MAC addresses. This may not always be true, but your best best bet is to unplug the modem anywhere from 3 minutes to 3 days(maybe months) to release the lease from the ISP servers. You could also injunction before doing so release the lease from the router, or maybe spoofing the router mac address...OR GO MAKE A SHELL ACCOUNT and learn some *nix

How can I get past a Craigslist blockHow To Change Your Ip Address.

How do I get past a block by Craigslist. I went to post an ad for a rental and came across a scam ad that had been showing up in the Chicago CL about 6 mo ago. The jagoff scammer floats his scam all around the country. In any case, CL did nothing to block any of the 4 postings I reported. These are verified scams. In any case, I started to post alerts by myself. GUESS WHAT! CL goes and blocks me! Go figure. So, I need to get around their block. If the site was not effective I would wish for all the *BLEEP*s at CL to ****ing die. How are they ghosting my ad and how do I get around it.

-reply by STORM

Re: How to chang your IP addressHow To Change Your Ip Address.So far...None of these have worked. My desktop computer and my laptop (which uses wireless, a Netgear router) have the same IP address. I've tried the command prompt, releasing the IP and turning everything off overnight, restarting my router (which just was a big waste of time), the TCP/IP, everything I've found. I've pretty much tried all everything on both...Nothing's seemed to work for either. Any other suggestions?

well if you are on a router that will cause any computers connected to it when it disconnects to have their ip address changed (usually the 192.168.xxx.xxx ones.

ya,i agree with you.
Recently i changed my ip through resetting router connection.Because i have dynamic ip address.Then i checked my ip whether it's changed or not using ip-details.com