xisto Community
turbopowerdmaxsteel

Unofficial Astahosted Members Directory

Well I have to say that this is a nice script...however it would definitely be better if it was a little faster at loading...

Maybe Xisto should consider having some sort of official list? One that'll load instantly because it just gets the info out of a database?

Because that would be really nice...

Anyhow, great work on the script, it is very nice, and is a great start, as I am sure that you'll work on improving it more and more...

Well, a year ago i had the chance to subscribe to the Hosted Member's Directory that Xisto publish, some time later it dissapears so i forget it, so i just check it now and surprise its seems to be back again, it is not operational right now only shows the files and folders so maybe in a future it will be republised.

Best regards,

Edit: Please do not try to access the Directory because it is infected by a virus, when i try to access the tips and trick folder my AVG installation founds the following thread: Virus identified Exploit.ANI on 123.htm and riff.htm

Edited by TavoxPeru (see edit history)

I would believe all the sites would be located through the WHM File directory, I take a guess and say that MySQL db handle part of that but I am only taking a guess on that.

thats the nasty exploit thats been going around last few weeks and people have found many variations to use it as well nd its also the one I been talking about in the last few weeks at trap

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/46756-topic/

So whatever you do, do not click that link if if you are patched to cover that ani exploit.

Edited by saint-michael (see edit history)

This is the third version of Xisto Directory. Only the members that are currently hosted will be listed. Please check it out and report if you find your site not listed.

Changes:-

> Only hosted members, moderators and administrators who have their hosting active will be listed
> Link correction for members whose pages are listed as https://xyz.xyz/
> Dual search technique: Member list and Hosting Application Form
> Hyper threading that significantly improves performance

Test Bed: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

The third version is very good. I like the dual search technque it is really needed. Now Jeig, Mark420 ect the mods will be listed. So you didn't list members that have been suspended or expelled? That was needed. I kept coming up with the expelled page. Ill look down the members later and report any false or not shown links.Very nice,Sparkx

I really like what you have done here Turbo :ph34r:And also I can say it works cos I edited my own Hosting Topic and put a different URL in and its now listing that URL :)A very handy tool!

Rock On!!! a lot faster the others, now mark brought up a interesting point that it he directory updates the link through hte hosted application. Although I don't how much it is used here but requesting to change domain name post should be added into the script somewhere, since that won't be caught in their hosting application form post they made like 3-4 months ago. I got a few unverified links and some dead ones when I went through but you trimmed down to those who are actually hosted to everyone which is good because now the script is flexiable enough that you could add two options to script:Option 1: Display full Xisto directory (ever domain that has been set up)Option 2: Display Only Verified urls in the listI don't see the sense of having a suspending page loaded in the directory if the person does not have sufficient credits to keep it running.

Although I don't how much it is used here but requesting to change domain name post should be added into the script somewhere, since that won't be caught in their hosting application form post they made like 3-4 months ago.

I looked into the domain change requests and hardly found any sort of regularity. Grabbing the correct link from those posts is extremely difficult.

I don't see the sense of having a suspending page loaded in the directory if the person does not have sufficient credits to keep it running.

The sites that are marked by the red image are not necessarily those that are suspended. I just employed the HTTP 200 status validation. Besides, don't you like the Red and Green status images? :ph34r:

Of course I love red and green lights :ph34r: because then I can sing Christmas carols and what not. I wouldn't doubt that trying to grab those links without a main db from the server would be hard, but of course if this script does get accepted to be implement into the servers then I would assume the difficulty would be gone, since now you can cut out the middle man (the posts) and connect it directly to the DB. I would assume you did a little test within your own account and set up subdomains and then connect to them from the php script within the dbs?

Of course I love red and green lights because then I can sing Christmas carols and what not. I wouldn't doubt that trying to grab those links without a main db from the server would be hard, but of course if this script does get accepted to be implement into the servers then I would assume the difficulty would be gone, since now you can cut out the middle man (the posts) and connect it directly to the DB.

It would certainly become a lot easier. Lets see what the administrators decide.

I would assume you did a little test within your own account and set up subdomains and then connect to them from the php script within the dbs?

Sorry, I can't exactly make out what you are trying to say. But, I haven't done any sort of DB testing as yet.

Thats were I was getting at to see if you done any DB testing for caching and what not is what I was referring to :ph34r:. But what I was getting at is that using the subdomain tool and create a bnuch of sub domains on your site and then set up a DB that lists those domains to be retrieved when a person clicks the link for the first time or does a refresh of the directory.

I like the script. It works rather quickly and effectively. (I also find it amusing that my site is one of the first listed, even though it's suspended.) The status indicating a valid site is interesting, but as far as I can tell, it makes no distinction between invalid url and suspended site. I think it might be better if it did. Shouldn't be too hard to do, just check the HTTP status, and if it isn't 400, see if the page is the Xisto suspended page. You may also want separate colors for forbidden vs not found.I can't help but wonder though, how many requests does this script make? Cause it seems like a lot of requests. I'm wondering if perhaps it would be possible to just take advantage of IPB to do a faster (and less HTTP intensive) database system. Especially as large number of requests can slow a server down. It shouldn't affect Xisto, we have powerful servers, but I'm wondering at taking the same methodology for different purposes to some smaller sites, and thus smaller servers.~Viz

All I did was look for the HTTP 200 status. Pages with any other response are marked as not working. You make an interesting idea to differentiate in the site status based on different colored LEDs.Using HTTP requests does slow down the process, more so because IPB uses so much of inline HTML styling. Increasing the speed can only be achieved if those styles are defined in external CSS or even better having the access to the database. This technique can certainly be used anywhere on the web. As I mentioned before, I have a few applications that use it for doing some stuffs - Searching & Downloading photos from the Internet and Webshots library.

Info on the latest Version -> 4 of the script:-

The new version sports a new look (well, atleast the progress bars and the buttons are new). Additional features include:-

> Saving/Loading the list to/from the database

> More accurate version of the site verifier. Now shows Suspended, Not Setup, Error or OK as the status.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Info on the latest Version -> 4 of the script:-

The new version sports a new look (well, atleast the progress bars and the buttons are new). Additional features include:-

> Saving/Loading the list to/from the database

> More accurate version of the site verifier. Now shows Suspended, Not Setup, Error or OK as the status.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Congrats, excellent work, and the new look is very cute.

BTW, what means the status Not Setup?

Best regards,