xisto Community
turbopowerdmaxsteel

Unofficial Astahosted Members Directory

Like I mentioned on Xisto that this new update looks awesome, and of course with my awesome idea's another one came up; it's a small addition but you should set up a legend for the 3 colors, yeah it's kind of corny with the present company but still can be useful either way.

Thanks mate. Not Setup means that the default index page for the site has not been replaced, thus signifying that the site has not been setup. I'll put a legend explaining the status colors and messages once I am done with the Xisto version.

Ok, thanks, only to say that i hope someday in the near future i finally get some time to upload my webpage :P

Best regards,

Check out the latest version 5 of the script: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Changes:-

> New & Improved Progress Bar.
> Profile Override - If found, the site address is taken from the member's profile.

Note: Database saving/loading is currently disabled.

Edited by turbopowerdmaxsteel (see edit history)

Check out the latest version 5 of the script: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
Changes:-

> New & Improved Progress Bar.
> Profile Override - If found, the site address is taken from the member's profile.

Note: Database saving/loading is currently disabled.

I just check it, and after some problems i finally view it, very nice the progress bar. Do you have a historical page to see how it was made????

Best regards,

By Historical Page, do you mean a change log? I haven't kept any such log for this script except for my posts here on Asta.

Right now, I am trying to Integrate a Page Rank Checker into the script. The integration has been done. The page rank calculator needs to calculate a kind of cheksum for the website. This works on a 32 bit system (like my localhost) but on the Xisto server (which I presume is 64 bit), the cheksum is different because there is no overflow there.

I have pin pointed the problem to the XOR (^) operator. The following code yields different results:-

$t1 = -4738698913;$t2 = 20;$t1 = $t1 ^ $t2;

Localhost: -443731637

Xisto Server: -2147483628

It is certainly a case of overflow, because if I reduce the value of $t1 by 1 digit the results are equal. I am trying to learn as to how, the 32 bit machine compensates for the overflow in such cases.

I wish I had taken the Computer Architecture classes more seriously. :P

This is the range of integers in PHP +2147483647 to -2147483648. When any bitwise operation yields a result beyond these boundaries (more than +2147483647 or less than -2147483648), an overflow/underflow occurs. For example:-

The bitwise operator ^ which does the operation XOR on the operands, should return the first number when the second number is 0 (Order is not important). So, the following code should output the number 2147483647 which is what the value of $t1 is.

<?$t1 = 2147483647;$t2 = 0;$t3 = $t1 ^ t2;echo $t3;?>

Now, if we make $t1 greater than the integer boundary for PHP by substituting the value to 2147483648 (which is one greater than the upper limit), the output is -2147483648. As you can see, an overflow occured and the result changed sign turning to the other side. If, $t1 had a value of 2147483649 (two more than the limit), the output would be -2147483647. This is ok and desired by the Page Rank script during the cheksum calculation.

But, cosider the underflow scenario:-

<?$t1 = -2147483648;$t2 = 0;$t3 = $t1 ^ t2;echo $t3;?>

Here, $t1 is on the edge of the lower limit and the output would be -2147483648. When we set $t1 to -2147483649 (one less than the limit) an underflow should happen and the sign should again change causing the output to be 2147483647. This happens on my localhost running on Win XP x86, but not on the Xisto servers. There the result is -2147483648 (the lower bound), no matter how much underflow occurs.

Does anybody have an idea on how to tackle this problem?

After hours of brain-storming, where I had written custom Decimal-To-Binary, Binray-To-Decimal, Bitwise XOR Calculator functions and what not. I figured it was pretty simple to do as all that was required was to make the numbers overflow to the otherside. This flow function is what saved the day:-

function flow($num){	// Adjust Overflow	if($num > UPPER_BOUND)	{		$num = LOWER_BOUND + ($num - UPPER_BOUND) - 1;	}		// Adjust UnderFlow	if($num < LOWER_BOUND)	{		$num = UPPER_BOUND - (LOWER_BOUND - $num) + 1;	}	return $num;}

Here UPPER_BOUND & LOWER BOUND are defined as :-

define('LOWER_BOUND', -2147483648);define('UPPER_BOUND', 2147483647);

With this, I want to announce the release of v 6 which includes a Page Rank Checker and congrats to vujsa for topping the page rank list with his site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Script: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Yeah v6 is up and running. With v 5, I modified the core code to tackle various issues. The number of sites has certainly decreased, but I thought it was down to the fact that invalid links are not listed. I will look into this matter, right away. Thanx for reporting!

Update

This issue has now been fixed. After finishing v 4 I started working on the Xisto version. The current versions are modified forms of the same. In Xisto, 30 links are listed per page whereas over here its 20. This is what led to some accounts being skipped.

By Historical Page, do you mean a change log? I haven't kept any such log for this script except for my posts here on Asta.

Yes, something like a change log, but with some enhancements, like screen shots, statistics or even with different pages for every version developed where someone can view and test it.
Best regards,

Here are the latest additions:-

> Added new attrbiutes: Member Since, Posts and an average value of Posts per day.

> Some code optimizations towards an object oriented approach.

I am also thinking about adding something like a summary which at the ends lists members like:-

Member with the highest page rank site.

The oldest hosted member.

The newest hosted member.

The most active hosted member (calculated via the Posts/Day attribute).

The least active hosted member.

I also wanted to ask if all the members listed in the hosted group are actually hosted. illusion for instance, seems to have joined the forum way back in 2004, but has only 96 posts. Similar cases exist with abhay & polarysekt.

One more thing, I would like to request everybody to keep their site link updated in their profile, the script overrides the previous entries (those found from hosting requests) with this value, if found.