xisto Community
wazzupster0204

Is It Worth It To Get Gmail ? Is Gmail Good?

I was shocked at the question itself! But I decide to reply it in an orderly manner...

The very first mail that you get when you sign-up for a new Gmail Account says that "Gmail is different!". That one sentence is enough for anybody to vouch for Gmail!

The main concept of Gmail was that its users need not have to delete ANY of their mail & be able to search through the pile of mails easily & quickly. Besides that, they group conversations together and filter 89% of the spam. That's some of the features of Gmail's Webmail console. Gmail offers free forwarding and POP3 & SMTP access. This means that you can receive your mails in a POP3 client and view them offline. You never have to view webmail again!

The age-old and world-wide standard services like Yahoo! and MSN are so congested that they fail to be innovative. There are innumerable spammers on their list. But Gmail does not give its account to any spammer! Its an 'invitaion only' service. So its secure too. Its main login page is secured by an SSL certificate, ensuring provacy. Its POP3 & SMTP services use SSL & TSL services for privacy. You can trust Gmail for you privacy for sure.

After all, I would suggest that you give it a TRY! In just about a week, you'll not be using Yahoo! or MSN, but writing in mail & chatting in Google Talk!!

-Omkar Ekbote

I love Gmail ever since I've been using it since september 04 instead of hotmail.First of all it's fast and -efficient-. I didn't like the graphical, slow look of hotmail. I can navigate and browse through data extremely fast with gmail.Then you have the features, newsletters come in various folders labeled instead of inbox, archiving (clean inbox), better spam detection, drafts (very handy, saves mails you are composing in case you don't send them), tracking of conversations in inbox ... It's awesome. If anyone needs a lot of invites just send me a mail over at alegis [at] gmail

Gmail is great! It doesn't need any E-mail software to read your messages. But you can also use it with E-mail software with POP3. There are some bonuses what other e-mail providers don't have. Like Google Chat and News. Its very simple and fast. You don't need graphical menus on webmail, don't you? Anyways, I recommend you to use Gmail. ;)

I've been using GMail since the 'private invite' era and I have to say it's the best thing to happen to e-mail. I don't know why anyone else would want to use this service. The only feature I don't really use is the in-mail chat, but that's only if you don't want to bother with messenger clients.

In my opinion gmail is a very good free mail and i'm not going to say it's the best because gmail is not my favorite. My 4 e-mail types are: yahoo!, gmail, hotmail, and aim. I don't really use the aim one often but still. Here is how I rank the e-mails top to bottom is 1-4

Overall

Yahoo!

Gmail

Aim

Hotmail

Storage

Gmail

Yahoo!

Aim

Hotmail

Interface

Yahoo!

Gmail

Aim

Hotmail

I have 2 gmails 1 yahoo idk how many hotmails and 1 aim. From my experience gmail is ok and you should switch right away. Use a forwarder from w/e mail to gmail.

While I don't think it's largely better than hotmail and the like for the small scale purpose I use it for, I very much like the GUI and generally how it works, that hotkeys feature they put in ages ago is nice too.

GMail Is Pretty Good :SNothing To Brag About Although I Would Go With AOL MYeAddressIts The Same But You Get Yur Own Domain EX: You@Yourdomain.Com/.Net

Gmail is a good outlook to jump on. I personally use gmail for my business emails because it has a better spam filtering system that excludes all the spam I get from my acutal inbox. With gmail I rarely use my other email accounts anymore. Plus not only that but if you use gmail and your friends has gmail accounts as well you could also talk to them through a new IM system that they are currently making. Gmail seems like its still in the beta stage, but from what I can see it offers what I am looking for which is the best spam filter system out there. I remember my other email accounts used to be filled with spam that I couldnt check or use that account anymore because my inbox was always filled up and scattered my actual mail.If I were you I would give gmail a try its free! If you know someone have them invite you in the gmail community, and you can see for yourself what gmail has to offer. Im pretty sure that you would be pleased.

I'd like to know if there is a possibility that we can increase the money that we can earn in google adsense. if you have any information please share it to me. I like making money on-line and i'm planning to put up 3 wesite for that account.

I like Yahoo

Is It Worth It To Get Gmail ? Is Gmail Good?

I am toying with the idea of leaving yahoo mail for a GMail account. The thing I love about Yahoo is the spam protection I get from email aliases. I have a bunch of them from wbmb-toss@yahoo.Com that I give away to just anyone on the internet to wbmb-friends that I give to my friends. If any of those aliases start getting load up with spam I can simply delete the alias and the regular email address stays clean.

Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

-question by Will