xisto Community
wazzupster0204

Is It Worth It To Get Gmail ? Is Gmail Good?

Google just added browser based messenging into gmail.There are feature limitations compared to desktop based messenging programs.Nevertheless, with a vast storage size, you dont need to delete anything!Get Gmail.

If you have any kind of email volume why limit yourself to just one. That way you or your contacts can work around any limitations of one of them by using another. I use hotmail, yahoo and gmail, in addition to the one that comes with my internet connection. But I have an automatic preference for gmail when I want to send email to someone, but I do not give this address out quite as often, except to people I really trust.

I think GMail is the best email host around, come-on just look at its features, 2.7GB of storage and an intergrated email search. Which other free email provider would provide that kind of service, apart from those features I just mentioned there is the POP3 and SMTP feature which I think none of the free email service providers give, let alone Yahoo! and Hotmail. And even if you are using your regular web-browser just see how fast GMail loads every message, folders, options, etc once you have logged-in. I have been using GMail since it ever started, as soon as it was let for the public to use (apart from their staff) there was'nt anything like the present system of invitaion.Google also offers universal use of the GMail account with all its partner sites and its other services. Go get it, you are missing something.

Some ppl complain that gmail can't 'create folders'. You can tag it a certain way and it works like a folder so there's nothing wrong there. Anyway the search function is great in any case so you shouldn't have a problem locating your e-mails.I like how the space keeps growing as well.I just got myself a Hotmail Live beta which gives me the same space...but the interface is too cluttered and only works properly on IE which is rubbish...I'm still sticking to my gmail.

Gmail is a very good email service. Although it still is in beta right now, it offers way better filter of spam and security than the other email services out there. They are even expanding their features to provide direct chats, like a msn chat/email service per say. Ive been with gmail for about 3 years to be exact, and their service of providing spam filtering and security have been extradinary. In comparision to hotmail, my previous email service, it does not block the important emails or glitches sent email which hotmails system currently have been having.Gmail also has a cool feature where it automatically prevent html type emails from showing in your inbox UNTIL you click a button to say that it is okay to show it, which I dont think hotmail offers, but maybe its in the hotmail settings. Gmail, however, has it as a option on the point of view of your current mail, which is convient for security issues to prevent viruses that are embedded in images around then net.If you havent used gmail, I reccomend you to try it because it will probably be the best email system out there eventually. Google has become more than just the best search engine. It some how been able to expand its expertise in MAPS, EMAIL, and many other stuff. Boy do I sound like a marketing representive for google, haha...

I personally like gmail. I intend on forwarding all of my hotmail, yahoo mail, etc etc etc. All 5 or so accounts to my gmail. I hope the spam filter works with that, if so, I would highly recommend everyone take a look into gmail. I don't use it a lot, but so far I'm pretty satisfied with it. Ask pretty much anyone around and they should have plenty of invites to toss your way. I have 100 I think, and I'm sorta rather new to gmail.

Honestly, wuzzupster, what your "friends" said are just lies. They just don't want you to have a cool e-mail provider services from Gmail, obviously the BEST e-mail service provider that beats all other services easily. Whoever your friends said that Gmail is horrible: They suck. They suck horribly. They're stupid, idiots, and just plain dumb. Gmail = horrible? Who could ever say that except Microsoftionalists?

My gosh, the comment by your friends is just ticking me off.

Get Gmail and if you don't, you're gonna regret it. If you do get it, you're never going to regret changing your e-mail. I mean, dude... I wish I could just destroy my HOTMAIL account because it's freaking slow and is so bugged up. And 2 megabytes of storage? Up my butt!!

Dumb Microsoft... can't even provide worthy services. Go Gmail Go!! Hahaha :P

Emails have their own pros and cons. There are no perfect email in the world. It only be best if the function of the emails works best on you. Both yahoo mail and gmail i like so both of them i currently using for a different purpose.

In gmail i cant make folder for a certain emails. But in yahoo i can create.

It the way how you use the email and what functions of it that suits you that's the best email for you.

:-)

the difference between yahoo and gmail is that gmail is WAY LARGER that yahoo. the ONLY bad thing about GMail is that u can't send .exe attachments (sometimes it protects you.) if u want an invite, tell me.

GMail is pretty good. You get a ton of space, so you'll probably never run out of room. You can easily search your e-mail and you can use the GMail chat thingy. You'll get AdSense Ads geared towards the content of your e-mail.I tend to steer away from using Web Mail all the time and use E-mail Clients such as Thunderbird on Linux and Outlook 2003 on Windows. I just find that easier than keeping track of all my e-mail accounts.

What I really like about gmail is that it saves drafts of what you write as you're typing, so that if something happens, you're not screaming at your computer ... it's pretty awesome.There's other really cool features too of course ... which I haven't had much time to explore. but just that draft-saving makes me happy.

Gmail, in my opinion, is the best free email server and service of the http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ as it all, and it is allways updating things, insert new functions, functions to increase performance, stability, security, and for much more very important reasons.Personally, i recommend all to use Google Talk with gmail, it's the MSNMessenger of Google Mail, of Gmail.Google talk does not consume too much memory (RAM), it is allways updating, it has a more good looking and yet simple Interface, much more better then Yahoo Messenger wich is full of crap, and i know because i used to use it some years ago.In one word, "YES", is it very good, it is well worth it, don't spend your time with crap of Microsoft and Yahoo, they can't compete with Google in nothing!

Hi,
I've been debating for a while about getting Gmail, but a few of my friends said it was horrible. I would like to know if it is really worth it getting another email account. What are the benifits and the bad things, too?

Thanks,

Erich B :D

I use gmail mostly through POP as a personal address just so I have something else I can use if my web site goes down. It is reliable, convenient, and the right price. It is also nice to be able to check my email when away, but, as I am seldom away, I seldom use it.

My wife uses gmail as her primary email application, although she has just started to use it via POP through GNOME's email application (on Linux). She has been very happy with the service.

Gmail is fast and it will give you the biggest storage capacity comparing to other free email services.I am using Gmail since 2005 and I experienced no problems untill now.

You say until now. Does it mean that you have just encountered a problem, or you haven't yet? Just checking, because it is quite weird to have a problem at GMail.