xisto Community
wazzupster0204

Is It Worth It To Get Gmail ? Is Gmail Good?

well i use it for the same thing. one for my spam and signups and another for my personal mail. actually i had all these other emails that i used to use for my junk mail stuff, but they didn't have spam filtering. so now i forward all those other email accounts through the gmail one, and the gmail spam filter cleans out all -- well, not alll, but out of 100 junk emails, maybe one or two get through. I used to recieve over 150 junk emails a day, and now it's around 2 or 3. GMail rocks!!

this is one of the best features for Gmail, the spam filter, it really works not like the others, they say they have a bla bla kind of protection then, after you use it for just a month you begin to get spam from every where, even you turn the anti-spam or junk mail on, nothing works, but in Gmail it really works automatically, the second best feature specially for me is the huge space, you don't need to delete any mail, also you can archieve them, you even may upload your files to your inbox, also you can use it as a drive so u don't need to send mails to yourself, it uploads directly to your inbox, the third feature is that it's pop3 access is free not paid like hotmail, so you can get your e-mail messages with any mail client, also you can use Gmail to send messages using your other e-mail addresses, really it's too worthy, and anyone want to try it i can send him a free invitation, just pm me for it.

I think gmail is worthwhile.Getting an email address with say 2.6 GB of space is pretty awesome for free!I've been using it for quite a while nowand I still have 0% of my inbox fullAlso Gmail has hardly any ads B)

Gmail is well implemented and working system. Its a whole other issue if you trust google or not. I use gmail for forum registrations and such: for stuff that doesn't send me very personal messages. I know Google uses gmail for profiling and I just don't want to give any more personal information to them. For the record, I use Gmail with a separate browser, which I don't use for anything else. Gmail requires cookies but I don't want it allow google.com to set them for browsers that I do web searches with. So google can't really connect my searches and email usage B).

I wouldn't say Gmail was horrible or anything that close. It's pretty neat system to keep all your stuff, and the 2 gigs would hopefully be more than enough for your emailing needs. It just depends, do you already have an email that has storage that exceeds what you need? What if you changed email and someone didn't know and they kept emailing your old email, and you stopped checking it? It's really under your circumstances. What fulfills your needs B)

Yes definitely, gmail is great. I made the switch a while ago and from hotmail and it is excellent in everyway. The fact that you can have practically unlimited space. The fact that the email will never expire no matter how long you stay inactive. Not to mention the chat, history and all the other features that make gmail so great.Honestly I would reccommend gmail to everyway and I have noticed a hell of a lot of people have been making the switch over the last few months and I'm not suprised - It rocks!

I think G-mail is excellent. I do not see why you should not sign-up. You should never have to delete any e-mails. It has a good SPAM filter. I think there is now over 2.5 gigabytes of space for e-mail storage.

Actually you can store .exe files on GMail, with the use of this programme which allows you to use GMail as an extra hard drive! Try it, it's excellent.

That's what I use. It is great because I keep a copy at school on my network account so I can get into my Gmail Drive. I can upload anything and download it at home and viseversa. It works really great!

[N]F

Yea I'm surprised at how good the spam filter for Gmail is... I have only had a single piece of spam get through. Everything else was filtered accordingly and it even managed to start filtering emails with a certain subject title that I always deleted on seeing them. All in all, I'd use gmail just for the spam filter. Let alone the other goodies

I suppose it really depends what you're looking for. I'm pretty satisfied with gmail becuase it's quite a good service. I like their interface, and the large space cpacity that you get. :o

Gmail is great, I've been on it for over a year now and it hasn't failed me once. To me, it seems faster than yahoo or hotmail and it also has a neat chat feature. You can see when your friends are also checking their email and you can have a quick chat with them. Also, the amount of space they give you never stops growing. The archive feature is nice and it allows for easy organization. Of course the google search algorithms applied to your emails is a huge plus.

I don't remember if GMail stopped with the invitations, but if you do get one, then definately sign up.Its got a huge amount of space to store stuff other than e-mails. There are even tweaks for it to turn into a file storage system if you have Windows. You can access it just like another drive on your computer. Just search on Google for something called "GMail FS" which is the Gmail file system.Also if you are looking for a e-mail to use as your "fake" e-mail then GMail definately has its uses. I think I have about 4 GMail accounts for various reasons. I log into them about once per every couple months.A while ago there was a security exploit for GMail that some teenager found out. Since it is HTML based web messages that are sent out, you could embedd malicious Javascript to do some harm to the computer. Obviously I'm sure Google resolved this issue. Just be wary of something so good that something so simple could damage it.

Yea I remember hearing about that exploit, apparently by the time people were in the process of actually testing the bug to confirm it's existence, google had already patched the problem up. It's never nice seeing an epxloit/security risk like this but it's good to see Google taking quick and appropriate action against such things when they do arise.I know Hotmail has had a number of security issues back in the day that seemed to take a long time for them to finally get around to fixing, haven't heard anything over the last few years though... possibly because I ignore hotmail with all my might now :oUnless one of the competitors pull something amazing out, I can't see me switching from Gmail. The combination of the service itself and the companies dedication to keeping it at its best make it the one for me.