xisto Community
wazzupster0204

Is It Worth It To Get Gmail ? Is Gmail Good?

Gmail is brilliant! It beats other email providers easily!Have a look around he forums, there have been quite a few other posts regarding Gmail and comparing it to other (lesser) email providers. Have a quick look for them, I'm pretty sure you'll find your answers there.Hope this helps :DsaxsuxPS Welcome to Xisto! Enjoy your time here!

Gmail Pros - Reliable, huge storgae capacity, awesome interface, little/no spam, good support, fast, it stores emails/replies together in a tabbed chat log style so a big email convo is easily found in one spot rather then having to find all the original emails, etcGmail cons - None. People who hate gmail should be kicked in the sack. It's better then aaaaaaaaaaaany email I've used...bar none. Get one today and drop the old accounts you have :DIt does have ad sensitive ads... meaning gmail has hardware scan your emails for key words and then places ads that relate to the mail content. Some ppl freak over privacy issues relating to this. In reality its just like scanning a file for anything else... if it finds certain words it places certain ads. Its not like they actually look into your email.

Hi,

I've been debating for a while about getting Gmail, but a few of my friends said it was horrible.  I would like to know if it is really worth it getting another email account.  What are the benifits and the bad things, too?

Thanks,

Erich B :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

go for it man. don't hesitate. Im using it. Everybody's using it.

of course gmail is the best there is around today. and nothing comes close to it, in terms of speed, storage, being on the cutting edge. notice how all the other email providers come out with toned-down versions of what GMAIL offered first? their big selling point for me personally is their free POP3 access, and the size of the mailbox. i never have to delete mail as it grows almost faster than i fill it. extremely fast also in replying... just pops open the bottom of the page, unlike yahoo which loads a new page. it's not much difference in the world of high speed internet, but for those of us who can't get broadband, every page load request counts. and as far as scanning your email for targeted advertising, who doesn't do that? every email service provider does the same thing, and sells your info to interested advertising companies as well. security's a joke in any open email. so quit whining about it and use PGP or some other encryption software.

For the problem of having to change everything from your current e-mail addy to gmail:

There are free email forwarding services out there so that you don't have to go to any trouble beyond typing in old and new e-mail addresses. The link I just gave is one of about eight gajillion - just in case you ever decide that you want to give gmail or any other service a try. In most cases, you can undo the forward (or reverse it even) if you decide that the new email host stinks.

Emails have their own pros and cons. There are no perfect email in the world. It only be best if the function of the emails works best on you. Both yahoo mail and gmail i like so both of them i currently using for a different purpose.In gmail i cant make folder for a certain emails. But in yahoo i can create.It the way how you use the email and what functions of it that suits you that's the best email for you.:-)

gmails good things are1) Faster2) attachements are sent with lightning speeds (tried with more than 5MB of Attachments worjks really fast)3) Mailing List support, so that mutiple mails under same subject are clubbed together4) Addresses pop up while composing mail...6) Filters are a breeze to set up, and you get your mails in custom labels7) a mamoth of features....Just grab it and in case some of you need I have plenty of invites.. just pass on the info ..regards

Interested, wazzupster?

I'd be more than happy to send you (or anyone else for that matter) an invite for gmail. If you want one, email me - saxsux@gmail.com

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hotmail is much more easier, simpler to use. However the google search engine is the best engine around due to the fact there is no ads, a clear and simple search bar with a nice layout.

Back to why hotmail is better than G-mail. Most sensible social people use Msn Messenger so its best to use hotmail due to its easy accecibility. ;)

Also you get extra space for being commited to hotmail unlike G-mail which is relitively new. Experience is also better from hotmail than G-mail so most virus based stuff has been already taken care of.

It's very convenient to download attachments and stuff with Gmail, far more easier than the other email providers. Let's say you have 3 attachments in an email and you want to download them all. Gmail has an option for you to download all three in a zipped file. SO you can download all at one go and later unpack your files. That way I won't lose the files I downloaded. Or you can download them all one by one. And the servers seem to be much faster too. When I was with Hotmail, there were times when the server was to busy. I mean, come on, it's MSN's Hotmail and yet there isn't enough fast servers.

Pros:

1. Tons of space (more than 2.5 mb of the stuff)

2. Very clean and tidy (white background; some varying colors)

3. No annoying ads (just little teeny ads to the side that correlate with your e-mail)

4. Invites to taunt your friends with (hehe)

Cons:

1. You feel ashamed that you're not paying Google for such a service.

And there it is, your pros & cons... when are you switching?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What I said still stands, believe you me... ;)

It is absolutely worth getting GMail. I have got a Gmail account for a while and there are some great benefits with GMail. For example: All replies will be kept together, so when you are looking for a reply of a reply of a reply of a mail you sent, you just have to open the original mail. The message you are looking for is then mentioned at the bottom.

Pros:1. Tons of space (more than 2.5 mb of the stuff)
2. Very clean and tidy (white background; some varying colors)
3. No annoying ads (just little teeny ads to the side that correlate with your e-mail)
4. Invites to taunt your friends with (hehe)

Cons:
1. You feel ashamed that you're not paying Google for such a service.

And there it is, your pros & cons... when are you switching?

If you want an account, just mail me

Notice from HTML_Guru:
GFX-Industries; when posting a quote, the proper quote tag to use is "quote=WHOEVER" followed at the end of the quote by "/quote"; make sure to enclose those tags in brackets - [ ]!

Edited by HTML_Guru (see edit history)