xisto Community
herenvardo

Gmail: Simply The Best Comparations make it clear

Hello all! This is my first post, so I apologize in advance for doing anything a typical "noob" might do. :)

That being said, I have been using Gmail for well over a year and I have never run into problems with it. Unlike most other services, Gmail has the "Gmail Notifier," a wonderful tool. It immediately informs you when a new e-mail has arrived with a tiny semitransparent pop-up in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Even if you are away when the email arrives, you will still be able to see you've got mail the second you come back - the icon in the system tray lights up. Just right click, select "Tell Me Again," and you'll get a brief message telling you the first few words in the e-mail and who sent it.

Not only is the notifier an excellent addition, Gmail's spam filters do a great job. I create a user name on many different sites, as I'm sure most of you do, and I periodically warned that the validation email could end up in the spam section. Not with Gmail - real e-mail's never end up as spam. On the flip side, spam messages never show in my inbox. In all the time I've been with Gmail, I cannot recall ever looking at a single spam message unless I actually enter the spam section.

So overall, I give Gmail 5 out of 5 stars. With the use of the Notifier and enabling cookies, I am always logged in, and informed immediately of a new e-mail. I don't know what Yahoo mail offers, but it would take more than a lot to convince me to switch from Gmail.

I like gmail. Only this I dont like about it is they go through your e mail find out key wors and post ads related you your message. I dont like the idea that some one is watching my e mails. Other than that gmail has very nice features. They do it because they have to compete with hotmail and yahoo. Hotmail and yahoo are already established. Google it trying to provide more to attract people towards them. I think it will be free for a long time because the compition is very strong.

I agree with you, talktime. I have thought the same thing. It's strange to have them scanning the emails for keywords.

Hey ppl!!I didnt read everything nw, because i dont really need to. I use to be a gmail man, but accidently deleted my account, not really sure how or why?!?But I was hoping one of you could send me an invite again!!At heinidahms@mywat.comPlease guys would really be greatful!!Thanks :)

Praises to Google, yet again! Nice to read this forum, with Hotmail n Yahoo! getting off everyone's list!

I'd salute to the free POP3 and forwarding service, I virtually live off it! So I seldom see the webmail interface. But I don't like the way it caches up all its interface in webmail - I mean we're not gonna use all of it each time anyway, are we? Takes up bandwidth, and makes some of the dial-up people stare at the loading... (thankfully I'm not one o' them) At least its better than the fancy Yahoo! and Hotmail logins! Duh - and Gmail sign-in is Secure! I love this SSL stuff! Besides, it supports Digitally Signing messages, another live-off!

What do you think? Is the cache all worth for the interface we get (it sure is good, i agree)???

hi all ,well i "Gmail" ROCKS!!and Yahoo! mail is nice too thoughi didnt know that Gmail provide free POP... Very niceandway any1 who want A invitation fora Gmail PM me!! .....

Edited by joe.k (see edit history)

gmail does sound like the best free email service; however, with hotmail's new live mail you can get 2GB for free and its a very user friendly interface. The downside is its large size. The only major flaw I can see in Gmail is that its not really entirely free since you have to wait for an invite. With hotmail you can just sign up for it, this is probably why I don't use Gmail, because I don't know anyone who does so I can't get invites, just thought i'd bring it up.

sorry to crash your "wonderful" gmail thread. Its rubbish, lets face it. Let me tell you the interesting story of the traitor: Google...

Oh my. Quite generous with drama, aren't you?

This week should have seen a public relations triumph for Google. The company began offering a free e-mail service with 100 times as much storage as Yahoo's $59.99 service. Instead the criticism has taken Google by surprise, as privacy advocates who had never before voiced criticism stepped forward. Google has previously responded to privacy concerns by saying, "we're nice, trust us" or pointing users to the company's mission statement of "do no evil". Such trite sentiments didn't work this time; even The Drudge Report piled in.

Actually this should be in quote tags. You obviously just shamelessly copypasted an article. I'm also baffled as to why google is a traitor or rubbish in the article you just pasted? This doesn't make any sense, was looking forward to quoting and debunking nonsense.

I really don't like the registraition process of needing a cell phone for it because I put in the cells nubmer..a week later still no text and I currently use yahoo.com beta email aand aol email for outlook express and I have many e-mail accounts for various reasons.Aol email is decent in my opinion and it is short and has aim.My main e-mail is Yahoo! Beta like I said because I like the way it is and hotmail is just basic grade.

@Team_Destiny_7 I have a lot of gmail invites,just pm me you email so that i can invite you.like all the people in this thread says GMAIL ROCKS hehehe.....such great service and quality

I have used Gmail for many years now. I began using it when it was in its' testing era, and it was really cool how it kept on progressing. Now I see it has a mini section for gmail chatting, and so much more.

I liked that your conversations could continue on in the compose then constant replying. It just tacks on from the last replied posting. A few people know how it works, and others just resend instead of reply... oh well!

I thought it was something that you were invited from someone else, and we were the only people in the small group that began testing gmail. But like Gmail, I have other free services, also. I have Hotmail, which is now Windows Live, and I have Yahoo! Mail. I used them all for different reasons, but since Gmail worked best professionally, I use it for stuff other than fun-play.

Archiving is a really nice feature I like. I don't really have to delete a lot, but I really try to keep some kind of organization of things. I like that my important nonspammed emails can be labeled and archived, and if I need to re-read a certain email, I will go to Label and find which one I need in a nice row.

So I really enjoy Gmail, but I really don't think it is like the best thing ever, but it is nice to continue with free email and it is always increasing in storage space.

Gmail got EVEN BETTER!Gmail: Simply The Best

Is it possible...

For probably THE most popular mail provider to get...

better!

well it happened! now gmail has themes! so if your a ninja fan, choose ninja! a cartoon fan, choose bus stop! a "home dog", choose graffiti! and now chatting and inviting poeple to gmail is even easier! you type in an adress above your chatting box thingy, clik invite, and clik send. How easy is that? and, its soooooo easy to use. Gmail=10++/10 keep up the good work google!

-reply by cooliomasterman