xisto Community
jcguy

Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Hotmail Whos winning the battle?

Considering that I don't have any way to check out gmail at this time...beta testing and all that baloney...I have had excite, hotmail, and yahoo, and, out of all of them, I've found that yahoo is the best out of all three...especially since I use yahoo for more than just the email, so it's a lot more versitaile for me than any of the others I've used so far.

i don't really care about those email services listed, well maybe except for gmail, but an email account from my isp and the hosting is just what i need, i don't use other emails such as listed in the topic, in matter of fact i don't really like webmail at all, i prefer to use email client. I don't like hotmail at all, don't like yahoo too so i say gmail :)

I've been a Yahoo Mail user for way over a year now and I still prefer Yahoo! Mail due to their user friendiness and support. After all, a web service that has recieved a gold award can't be bad can't it?I have become aware of Gmail after realising that it is commonly used by students in my school, however, I am not keen on them due to the fact I can't register due to it currently being (in a sarcastic tone) "Invitation Only", but also becase of recent concerns about G-mail safety. From what I've heard, Gmail is at a safety risk and I wouldn't gamble on using them.Oh yeah, and I agree: The moment you sign up for a Hotmail account you've opened up a portal to other companies sending out like 300 spams a day. Their memory storage is low, their service is very faulty... in sum, Hotmail is total rubbish!

Since the start, I have always had a Hotmail account. It is what I have come to be accustomed to for an email service. I generally use Outlook Express with the account I have there so I never need to view any advertisements or sign in. It's the fact that I can easy check my mail at the touch of a button that appeals to me. But if purely based on the service itself, Gmail is what I would be using. It is the only other email account I have besides my Hotmail one because of the sheer size of storage possible and its speed, although a Yahoo! account would be nice so I could login to view the other content that they provide.

Considering that I don't have any way to check out gmail at this time...beta testing and all that baloney...I have had excite, hotmail, and yahoo, and, out of all of them, I've found that yahoo is the best out of all three...especially since I use yahoo for more than just the email, so it's a lot more versitaile for me than any of the others I've used so far.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with you. I've tried hotmail and Gmail before. Unfortuantely, hotmail has its nasty habit of blocking anyone out if someone tries to "hijack" your email. And I do mean everybody.

Gmail on the other hand also had a really cookies problem. Usually after about a week or so newer cookies would not save to my computer for some reason and the user homepage wouldn't load.

After I've been through both scenarios, Yahoo was the only email server that I've had the longest and had no problems with.

Apart from having an email account with my ISP, I have both Hotmail and Yahoo. I also used to have email accounts in other providers like Bigfoot but I hardly use them anymore.Since Yahoo has increased the size of the mailbox as well as the max. attachment size, I have a preference for Yahoo over Hotmail, although I only use Yahoo email for close friends. For other reasons, I use either my ISP email account or Hotmail - I use Hotmail more often. Unfortunately, hotmail accounts have a tendency to be "stolen" or used by other people without your knowledge. I've had mine hijacked by people sending spam mail. I only knew about them when the mailer daemon sent back unsuccessful mails.Concerning gmail, I've never used it before so I can't compare it with Hotmail and Yahoo.

i think that as far as the space war is going, Gmail is winning. I don't need that much space so, i'll stick to hotmail until people get mad crazy and email me so much that i need to switch (this will never happen) or i just find something else... so... yeah...

Gmail is the best free email service up to today. It's no comparison with hotmail and yahoo. it has pop3, no graphic ads, basically unlimited space, since it's increasing day by day, and I had it for more than a year now :D. I can also forward my emails to somewhere else and still keep the forwarded emails in the archive just in case. i already have more than 3,000 emails and all are easily searchable and archived. it's great, hotmail/yahoo don't have pop3, don't have more than 1gb of space, have graphic ads, are slower, are more spammed since theya re more know, and all the good usernames are already taken. Gmail is GREAT!

Right now I'd say hotmail because they have a great messenger system but the layout isn't that good. I only use hotmail for messenger, for sending and recieving messages I use gmail. Gmail is the best beta version because it has so much space and it's easy to navigate around and find you messages.

Gmail all the way. I have 5 gmail acounts and 1 yahoo acount. I have never used hotmail. I only use 2 of my gmail acounts and I don't really use my yahoo acount any more. 1 gmail acount I use of email, and the other acount I use as an extra hard drive. I use a free program that turns a gmail acount into an extra hard drive on your computer. Gmail has so many free cool features, like free forwarding, free POP access, and more. I also like the feature where you can send email through your gmail acount as if you were sending it through another acount you own. Like if your gmail acount is: emailacount@gmail.com and your other acount is myotheracount@yahoo.com, you can send email through emailacount@gmail.com, and when the recipient recieves your email, it says it was sent from myotheracount@yahoo.com.

gmail rocks! are they still planning to increase the inbox space every day? at this rate there would be at least 3gb of space 1 year later! hotmail is not so good in the fact that it only offers 250mb of space to USA residents... but its virus protection features are quite reliable.yahoo mail is not bad, but still can't compare to gmail, haha!

GMail will definitely win...if they come up with an instant messaging client but it'll take time for current users of MSN Messenger or Yahoo! Messenger without GMail accounts to switch over. Yahoo! is the winner for now since when you register for their Yahoo! Mail, they even come bundled with Geocities and a whole lot of other services such as LAUNCHcast (but sadly, they don't seem to work for me anymore since there are some legal issues about streaming music to countries outside the US). MSN Hotmail, however, ain't that bad either since their IM client is the best I've ever used so far. Besides, even if you use GMail or Yahoo! Mail, you can always use their MSN Messenger as long as you register for a .NET Passport. I am using all three mail services right now, with my own website and main mail account on Yahoo!, GMail as my online storage drive and a .NET Passport for it just to use MSN Messenger.Hope you guys who use MSN Hotmail may consider switching over to GMail/Yahoo! and yet use the MSN Messenger by registering your account with a .NET Passport! (If you are using Hotmail just because of their IM client) ciao B)

I dunno who's winning, but where I live, pretty much everyone has hotmail. MSN is THE thing around here. I use hotmail, but I barely get any email at all so it's not that important to me. Gmail looks a lot better than hotmail to me, but I can't get one B)