xisto Community
Cookiemonster1405241499

Is Your Internet Speed Good Enough Vs. Cost ?

internet speed good?Is Your Internet Speed Good Enough Vs. Cost ?

my speed is :Download Speed: 7579 kbps (947.4 KB/sec transfer rate)

Upload Speed: 390 kbps (48.8 KB/sec transfer rate)

Saturday, February 13, 2010 6:59:40 PM it costs 19.99US

-reply by rusty

Well, I have 50kbps dialup and pay about $12 a month for it... yea it really sucks but that's all we can afford.what's more, I have to reconnect every 3 hours because it kicks me off.. they claim they "Don't want idle connections" IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE UNLIMITED!! DOES THAT SOUND UNLIMITED? no, it does not. but they will not remove that annoying 3hr limit on continuous connections. btw it's NetZero, when I had peoplepc I never had this problem and I payed less!

I don't know, but for my connection I pay: 49 Lithuanian litai = 19.310361 U.S. dollarsBut still, with such salary in my country I guess it's the same as saying it costs ~49$ if I could compare wages in different countries ;)But I get quite a speed:Download to my country: ~6-10 MB/sUpload to my country: ~6-10 MB/sDownload to foreign country: 3 Mbit/s (10Mbit/s at night)Upload to foreign country: 3 Mbit/s (10Mbit/s at night)

Where am IIs Your Internet Speed Good Enough Vs. Cost ?Just found this discussion because I'm watching Netflix online and seeing some breakup and was wondering if it's on my end or Netflix.I ran a test on Speakeasy and it says I'm downloading at 28.53Mbps and uploading at 1.93MbpsI am with Comcast and called a few months ago to ***** about my speed, and the tech said he would hook me up with a faster speed and dropped my price to 19.99 a month. I have no idea if this is fast or slow...-reply by Mojobubba

do you think you are paying too much for your internet and not getting the proper speed, i had it once when i was on adsl but now have moved to proper broadband now witch is 4mb witch is really fast. like that uk online its too good to be that speed at its price but ill keep with who im with. :D

Notice from m^e:
Try and keep your topic titles more relevant to your post content. This is the 4th post by you that I've had to edit the title. Your title should at least try convey an overall gist of your post - or else you'll never get good response, nor will your post show up on search engines. One or two words titles like Mysql, networking etc.. wouldn't even elicit any decent response from the readers. Most would just ignore your posts.

Right now my internet is bundled with our cable and our phone. I think we pay somewhere around 90 dollars per month for all three of these amenities. Our internet speed is pretty impressive. I currently am using wireless internet and that sort of slows the speed a bit, though if I were to connect the computer with a LAN wire to connect to the internet it would be much. much faster :)

I am paying $42.50 for a 512MB connection including the cable to all my house... In my country this is a very good price...But the dialup connection that the biggest part of my country use cost $1.36 per one hour and this is a ridiculous price because they are using hours and that is unbelievable.

I am paying $42.50 for a 512MB connection including the cable to all my house... In my country this is a very good price...
But the dialup connection that the biggest part of my country use cost $1.36 per one hour and this is a ridiculous price because they are using hours and that is unbelievable.

Wow.. you're paying $42.50 for a 512MB connection? That seems sort of expensive, but of course I live in the USA so the prices are bound to be much, much different. Furthermore, 1.36 an hour for dial-up is just a ridiculous price. Especially since dial-up is so very slow. Anyway, would you mind tell us what country you live in so we maybe can figure out why the interent and bandwidth, ect costs in your country or so expensive?

I've multiple connections from ISP for use for family and work. I prefer unlimited data transfer plans instead of data usage plans. I don't mind 512mb connection with unlimited plans instead of those 2 MB with limited data bandwidth plans. more data transfer the better, speed hardly matters then. we pay here 10$ for 128kbps for unlimited data transfer. while more unlimited data plans start from 20$ onwards. 2mB plan is cheap but with limited bandwidth data account.

I think I am a very lucky internet user because after looking at the replies on this post and the cost of internet they have shown, I really cam to know that I am really lucky. I pay 400 Pakistani rupees that are about 4.5 us dollars for 1mb speed with unlimited downloads.Isn't this very good as compared to others.

I am supper lucky.....Is Your Internet Speed Good Enough Vs. Cost ?

After reading all above post,,, I think, I am supper lucky...

As I am paying zero (nothing) for 4 mb speed... Wow...

Actually, in my neighbor, a person is using 4 mb DSL with a wireless router with any security... And I manage to connect to his router and enjoy the super sonic speed...

So is there anyone beet this... Heheh

-reply by Murtaza

internet speed in singapore rubbishIs Your Internet Speed Good Enough Vs. Cost ?

Terrible service I think. Uploading photos/videos in Singapore takes days. Costis way higher than the rest of the world, like many other things in here. /txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley6.Gif

-reply by sgfroggy