xisto Community
Cookiemonster1405241499

Is Your Internet Speed Good Enough Vs. Cost ?

Hmm... I get 1.5mb DSL for about $27 a month, plus $3 a month for modem renting fees... I wish it was closer to $20, but I couldn't seem to find a better deal.Cable is really expensive here, like $53 a month... but god, I really wish I had it. @_@

Interesting, I haven't posted my answer here :(I use a 128kbps connection (64kbps upload) at a flat rate (unlimited use) and I pay it about 20 dollars per month. Soon, I will probably switch to 256/128kbps, because this isn't really a cable connection speed (even though I am using cable internet), it is actually an ISDN speed. And the 256/128 package cost a bit less than 30 dollars. When compered to your prices, I really am being ripped of. But when compared to other offers in my country, I'm doing really well :(

i pay just 100 RS (1$=60.65 RS) just 1.50$ for unlimted dial up per month well it's soo cheap but the speed *BLEEP* is so bad but what i can do the DSL and broadband is not valiable in mine area i hoping that it will start next of the mont in our area than i will also enjoy broaband speed

In Poland we have 2nd place of the most expensive internet in da world (1st is Japan i think?)I have a 256 DSL on cable Television and it cost me (hum lets change it to euros) 30euro/month for example simply social worker can gain 180euro/month so it will be hes 1/6 of all money ;/

I pay $40 a month (australian dollars) for 256/64k adsl with 20gb downloads, i reckon i'm getting a pretty good deal and i can't wait until adsl2+ comes out here in australia because the isp i'm with is pretty much the cheapest vs features/speed.-HellFire

I pay about $70/$80 depending on Telstra's mood for 512/128k ADSL with a 10gb bandwidth cap.I feel it's too much to pay for a scummy 10gb cap. And also the fact that they are too lazy to get off their bums and make it possible for me to have Cable which is cheaper and faster.I live in Sydney for crying out loud, not the outback....

Speed here is okay, I can't complain too much. I reckon I pay 39.95€/month for an everage download speed of 300kb/secfeatures some nice additions like special actions (printing photo's etc) - which i should actually use- and ftp space however, only 10gb bandwidth a month. This is how things are done in Belgium and I fecking hate th ebandwidth limits. 5€ for extra 5GB : \

I have an internet speed of 3.5mbit, does me quite nicely for now, but the data limit is a bit poor. We all blame telecom because they sell the adsl in nz, so ISPs have to pay quite a bit to resell it to customers. Bleh, anyway, its $49.95/month for 5GBpeak data + 10GBoffpeak data. Its ok, i just run downloads during offpeak.

Where on earth do you live? Is everything that cheap there? :D

China, unfortunately. And, it is! Everything is really cheap here!
You all should pay me a visit :unsure:

Well I guess if everything was great there, and not just the internet, we'd all be moving there. As it stands now, i'm happy to stay where i am and suffer the pathetic internet speeds here. :unsure:Maybe a visit, because since i've never actually been there i can't make a "bad" blanket statement.

I have dial-up at 56k for $10.95 a month and personally i think its a complete rip off. Its so slow that I have to be on hours at a time for a download of about 30mb. This also ties up the phone lines so that when my parents try to call they can never reach me, this causes problems. I assume that it causes problems for other people to because of the need for a little more speed and the need for comunication.Say if you went on the internet to look up something, anything school, news, etc., and you found that while you are trying to get to a site windows is trying to automatically update. This would significatly slow down both download speeds. By the time the page you were looking for was uploaded it could have been 5 or more minutes and the update would have gotten nowhere.With this said though cable and dsl are more expensive than dial-up they are worth their wieght. If you were to create an equivilant price to speed chart, say dsl and cable are 100x faster than dial-up. With dial-up at an average price of $15 and cable/dsl at an average price of $45. This would mean that with a dial-up service going as fast as any other broadband service it would cost about $1500 per month! Compare that to the $45 and see which is the better deal!