xisto Community
Cookiemonster1405241499

Is Your Internet Speed Good Enough Vs. Cost ?

Just an arm? luck you :unsure:Nah I'm kidding. Sounds like the price varies all around even with conversion in place, I don't know about going to China for cheaper internet, seems a little too much effort for me lol.

Hi, i live in Portugal with adsl+ (16MBit downstream and 1 Mbit up) :unsure: I pay 39 euros thats around 35 US$ including telephone.

Wow...... that sounds pretty cheap for that speed. Do you have a bandwidth limit or cap (slowdown of download/upload speed once reached)?Btw does anyone know any good ISP's that aren't exepensives like Telstra, I'm in the Sydney Metro area so meh, shouldn't have a problem with most if not all that cover NSW.

This thread was posted on July 2005 and it's 7 pages and still going... incredible and amazing.Anyway, I live in Southeast Asia - Bangkok, Thailand - and the Internet services over here are horrible... absolutely horrible. I don't know if you call it broadband but I have an ADSL connection and it's not very good. They don't keep up to their promises of their "advertised" speed - download speed and upload speed.Of course, the Internet is fast only on their national networks and connection lines. For example, its like 95% efficiency and speed on Thai websites. However, it's like 40% efficiency and speed on foreign websites. It's like a stupid gimmick but hey... I think giving $30 a month for this crappy service isn't worth it.The company is called True - it's a major communications / telecommunications / online marketing company in Thailand (a country I live in). Its services are crappy - they can't provide bonuses other companies provide. For example, you can buy $10 worth of pre-paid phone call time from True while you can buy $10 worth of the same thing from another more humble company and they give you like a $2 bonus to it.I don't know what's wrong with them but starting with their company title/name, I didn't like the sound of it. And it's living up to my expectations, and BLEH. I hope they burn themselves.The Internet lines are horrible. Their company website is a disaster. True company should die.Anybody know this? Support me!!I know m^e will :D

I most likely win i get 700k something up and down dsl for $80 a month with 4 gig limit :) $30 per gig over, no pro rating for .01 gig over either. However im in the middle of nowhere in alaska so i guess its better then nothing.

In India there's been stiff bandwidth competition in the recent past, with ISPs gaining almost nothing from it. Government owned BSNL provides high datarates at dirt cheap prices, and private operators are forced to meet the same, or die. I get a 2 mbps connection with unlimited night time downloads and 2.5Gb daytime download per month for approx $10.

Now I don't know how much we pay for internet. I just know that my family is very strict about how money is spent (it allows us to get the most for our dollar). We use quest high speed and for the longest time we would read the fine print and finally we got quest (after they met the standered). Now it depends on were you live, what internet is best for you but I love quest high speed. I feel that we got a good deal.Thanks,Sparkx

I have wireless internet at around $60 a month, but its only a little better than dial up with about a 30% packet loss. I am definitly getting ripped off, but unfortunatly it's the best our here at the moment, though we may be moving to satellite soon.

I pay $25 a month for cable and get between 768 - 1MB/s with 512k up so I'm not complaining. My wireless router slows things down more than anything. My Mac Mini (that I used like a Apple TV before there was Apple TV with my 32" LCD 720p HDTV via DVI input). Is it the best in the world? Probably not, but it's good enough. Granted i own my own cable modem, so I get my service at a bit of a discount.

I am from India . I pay Rs.250 (nearly $5.5 in U.S) . My speed is 2 Mbps and the monthly bandwidth is 1 Gb and for every 1 mb download greater than this I will be charged Rs.0.90. The connection is through optic fiber cable. The quality is ok.