xisto Community
Cookiemonster1405241499

Is Your Internet Speed Good Enough Vs. Cost ?

I am from India too!!!. I also pay rupees 250(actually 280 after including 12%service tax) (nearly $5.5 in U.S)for a 2mbps connection(though i tweaked it up to 3.45 mbps) and the monthly bandwidth is 1 Gb(i have images disabled for tht purpose). I never get a dl speed below 300kbps and upload speeds below 250 kbps. cool naa!!!you can get a unlimited connection of this sort for rupees 900(about 20 US$)

I got a Netgear DG834G router with 2MB transfer and UNLIMITED bandwidth for only £15. I think the deal is worth it as i got the router worth £70 (now £50) and Mcafee firewall so I am happy - I am on AOL silver B).By the way for Sky broadband, although they claim its £10 a month with 10mb connection, you have to be a Sky TV subscriber first which starts at £15 therefore you are paying at least £25 a month if you want broadband with them.

I pay about 40 bucks a month, I'm not sure what the speed is, but it says in my internet connection 100mbps.. and I get 80 gigs of bandwidth. My ISP put a cap on the bandwidth a couple of months ago, and my internet connection went really slow for torrenting, I would get 800kbs 900kbs, and now I get around 50kbs to 100kbs, on torrents with thousands of seeders and leachers.

That's probably your modem/router connection speed there Laurence (100mbps)Here in australia i pay about $40 a month for 256/64 (Yeah i know B)) with 20gb of download limit.Not really efficient if you ask me but i'm going to stay like this until i can get adsl2+ hooked up.I'm hoping to pay about $80 a month for the full speed 24/1mbps with 40gb of downloads, thats way more efficient cost wise. Plus the isp i'm going with also has dedicated overseas links so i can expect little loading speeds-HellFire

My connection cost me 54 €/ Month and it's a mobile conection of 1mbps the first 1G data transfer.Later of use the 1giga data transfer it goes down 356kbps...It's not really fast, but I think I've got a good connection ^^.Regards, Jhin

Right now, my parents are paying 20 bucks per month for 28.8 dial up. They could be paying 20 bucks more, and getting roughly 100X more speed than what we are getting now. We are getting ripped off.

*gasp and faints* I didn't know there were still people using 28.8 kbps. Shocking. Scary. I don't know what to feel. o.O And $20 at that! You really, really need better Internet service.

A friend of mine told me about a 67 year old woman who keeps going back to AOL for dial up at the high price of $24 per month. The woman has many choices of a more reasonable dial up isp, but she is used to AOL.

Hey, that's what I use! AOL, 56 kbps. *cough* It's not wonderful. My dad's paying approximately $22 (Canadian) for it. We're looking for something to switch to, but so far, we haven't had time to actually put some effort into looking for a better, faster ISP. I want to leave - soon - though. AOL is more annoying than it's worth. It boots me offline for no reason and forces me to keep an extra window open. It's wasting my taskbar estate. >_> And it uses IE to render its pages in its browser. (Ew.)

Serena

My broadband is a package with my phone.We had the phone line for years and got a broadband package with it.The whole lot cost $60 AUSD a month. With free line rental. We also got a free 4 port modem and free installation.The broadband is 512 kbps and is reasonabbly good.When I first got it I had a few problems, especially setting it up. turned out it was their fault so they fixed it in about 15 minutes. Once it was working there were a few problems but they also got fixed.My internet is great value considering it comes with my phone too.

Considering the fact that the internet infrastructure in my country is not so developed yet, i would say, 80bucks for 512K connection is heaven here. Expensive, but ok enough.That's what i pay B)

Is your internet speed good enough vs. cost

Is Your Internet Speed Good Enough Vs. Cost ?

Well I'm right next to houston, so a fast connection is relatively cheap. I just ran a speed test and got 8.3 mbs down and 530 kbps up. Its 4 in the afternoon so it will probably be a little slow, but w/e. Tonight ill run the test and see if we really get 2mbs upload as advertised. Btw, it costs 90$ a month and we get TV and internet. I love america

-reply by T-bass

I am currently on an Optus Cable plan (Australia), 2837 kbs download and 232 kbs upload. The cost of the plan is AU$69.99 monthly (we get 3 months free as bundled with mobile), including 12GB onpeak and 24GB offpeak usage.

I have high speed DSL that is a bundled package with phone and DirectTV. So I am very impressed with the quality of speed that I have. I used to have Cable Broadband with local RoadRunner, but that was when I lived in town. Now I am a bit farther out, and so I use DSL. But I have a new home, and I have my lines dug out, and it runs low below the highway too. So I don't seem to have too much traffic, (no pun intended), and the noise is very low, too.

I just signed up for EPB fiber to home connection.  I pay about $60 a month and I just did a speakeasy test to an Atlanta, GA server from Chattanooga, TN.  I got 27,834 kbs (kilobits), so about a 28mbs (megabits) so about a 3.5Mb (megabytes) per second.

-reply by Jason EWton