xisto Community
antny

Test Your Pop-up Blocker Test your pop-up blocker

Drop down banner and sticky made Firefox fail... But all the good pop-ups worked like a dream! Well, even if it's like that, Firefox is still a good choice for a browser, because you don't need to get a separate pop-up blocker.

Just tested the popup blocker, everything seems to be working accordingly. Nothing poped up. I use Firefox and Internet Security. Nice website though to test how strong your popup blocker is! Thanks for sharing it with us!

Just tested my popup blockers. (Google, Norton and SP2) Together, Norton and Google blocked all but one. The built-in popup failed to block any (probably because it's set itself to last defence)

Hey Guys i have a problem with my popup blocker.. when it blocks a popup my Internet Explorer Crashes and i have to ctrl+alt+del to make my PC work again.... h.e.l.p pls :lol:

I have used panicware but sometimes it blocks good pop-ups unlike firefox. Also I suggest to the guy that needed help to get firefox. :lol: I think firefox is best even if it didn't block all the pop-ups. Hope this helps. :(

Just went to this site to test the Windows XP SP2 pop up blocker boy did the pop up blocker pass all right. It blocked all the pop ups that opened new windows. The full screen window I temporally allowed it and wasn't in full screen (SP2 doesn't allow JavaScript to allow pop ups in full screen instead it maximizes it). This is great for anyone that wants to test their pop up blocker.

That was a very good test. Thank you for sharing, antny. :rolleyes: My Firefox is working, except for one of them. :lol:

W00t!!! Yayy my Yahoo! toolbar worked just great in IE.. blocked everything :P and FireFox (which I use for Xisto.com) blocked everything too! Yayy fun stuff... everyone using IE got get Yahoo! :P

Thats a great test. I used it in both firefox and ie (protected by sp2 and norton internet security 2005) and both of them gave me no popups except when i did the safe popup test. THats a very good site to check if you are vulnberable to get spyware and such from popups so thanks