xisto Community
antny

Test Your Pop-up Blocker Test your pop-up blocker

Firefox only shows the Dropdown pop-up and the Floating banner pop-up. In my opinion, these aren't really popups because they are not launched in a new window. I mean, a banner isn't a popup either, is it. The code used for these so called popups just display a html element, a <div> and <span>, and use javascript to keep put (Dropdown pop-up) or keep them in place (Floating banner pop-up).Internet Explorer 6 fails on the same pop-ups, but also on the Floating pop-up and the Floating banner pop-up.So in this case, Firefox is cracked up to be if you compare it to Internet Explorer :)

I used Firefox v 1.0.2 first and then I used Internet Explorer.Firefox blocked everything except for the drop down pop-up.Internet Explorer (using SP2) on the other hand was dreadful, it only blocked the normal type pop-ups but all the floating ones etc. were not blocked.Anyway, thanks for telling me about that website, it's interesting to know how much security differs from one browser to another!

Once I find it, I'll post it, but I'm just letting you know that Firefox isn't all that cracked up to be...even though I use it myself. :)

60077[/snapback]

I've been saying that for a long time but I always get in trouble when I say it. I think it's because I'm not a mod.

Firefox supresses popups, you don't even see them flash; but, firefox often fails to block popups from sites like torrentsopy - when u click the download link u get a lostfrog popup. And occasionally some other popups like from stuffplug.com. Still, i wish there was a way to block any sites from showing.

The combined effort of the Windows Pop-up Block (SP2) and Fire Fox blocked all pop ups. I may have another pop-up blocker also running that I dont know of. I dont think Nortons blocks pop ups though...

I use MYIE2 and only like two pops up showed. how nice.... these are internet generated pop ups... how about the ones from your computer from hard to get out spyware and adware? lol..i'm glad you shared this piece of information. Now i know my browser is good.... whoosh... not that i ever doubted it. "good boy." I would use IE with the Google bar but i don't want to test it. lol.

Hey I've used this site before and FireFox does outstanding! Internet Explorer doesn't do quite as well as I would have hoped... (with Service Pack 2 installed), but hey, that's Micro$oft for you.

Hey I've used this site before and FireFox does outstanding!  Internet Explorer doesn't do quite as well as I would have hoped... (with Service Pack 2 installed), but hey, that's Micro$oft for you.

129750[/snapback]

Okay, sorry about that. I posted that, but I didn't realize I wasn't signed in yet. Go FireFox!

Like many others, the only popup i saw when using Mozilla Firefox was the drop down one.This is yet another reason why i love Mozilla Firefox so much. :o

yep brilliant results here too :lol: firefox pop-up blocker blocks them all!! :)only the drop down pop-up didnt pass the test.