xisto Community
antny

Test Your Pop-up Blocker Test your pop-up blocker

Norton 2004 blocked them all, handy to know! According to the log it has blocked 583 pop-ups in the last one hour! Just shows the amount of junk on the net.

All my software let 2 popups through :D When I had ie it only let one in, but I had the google toolbar then. Oh well at least it let all the good popups through :D

I don't like Opera but it didn't fail me on this one. It blocked everything. I know Firefox 3 can't be beaten by Opera9.63 so I wont even test it.

Whoa cool page! Chrome didn't let any pop-ups through either, but on some of the tests the number of pop-ups stated was more than what Chrome quoted as the blocked pop-ups.I think using Flash you would be able to get some pop-ups open using getURL() - although I haven't heard of usnig this for pop-ups :P

I used Opera 10 alpha on GNU/Linux (with a custom urlfilter.ini to block the adverts) and it only let the Drop Down banner to show up. Also the good popups also appeared. There is a funky thing in Opera with which you can block all popups, even requested (with click) ones or to let every pop-up to show up (either where the webmaster wanted, or to force it to show in the background), either requested or unrequested. You can see the options if you click on F12 and you can choose the option by clicking on it :P

I don't like Opera but it didn't fail me on this one. It blocked everything. I know Firefox 3 can't be beaten by Opera9.63 so I wont even test it.

You are kidding about the red part. Right? :P Edited by miladinoski (see edit history)