xisto Community
djleli

where did you learn html from?

I learnt html years ago, just by looking at web source and trying to create a website, at that time were weren't so much tutorials for it, but when I got through all the elements in html in some references, tags and etc. it all got quite clear, using html was quite simple, even though at that time I used to use FONT and CENTER tags, but now usually CSS+HTML does all the stuff I need and where needed Javascript, even AJAX. :D

I learned html from looking at existing pages.The root of it all is : <html><body> </body> </hrml>With everything going between the body tags.It's too bad actual html has never really been updated much.It's basically stayed pretty sterile and stiff. If you want to create anything exciting you have to get into dhtml scripting and such,and then theres cross browserproblems. It's all a massive headache really.I wish most web viewing people were as unfussy as me.

a really good place to go learning html is w3schools.com. they have really good teaching and teach from the very basics a define everyhting that they is no way you can get lost in the meanwhile you short start downloading the latest dreamweaver to help you out when you are actually making the website...good luck:)programing requires dedication and concetnation, on command out of place and it could cost u and whole mess of a webpage

HI, i am intresting in knowing where you began learning html of what inspired you to start learning html. which programs did you use or which progs dyu use?

Hi!

I first picked up HTML way back in 1998. I read an online tutorial on how to create websites with HTML by using Notepad, after coming across a website on Sherlock Holmes run by an acquaintance. I used the free web hosting services of Geocities, which was later acquired by Yahoo! and is now being shut down. I then picked up some XHTML while developing ASP.NET applications as the Visual Studio IDE uses warnings to point out markup that is not XHTML compliant.

Regards,
Nitin Reddy

I first started using HTML when I got a job for $40,000.00 at a dot com. They were desperate for coders. I quickly learned on the job. This was way back in 2000 though. Then all the dot coms crashed.Back then we used to use nested tables to deliver what we wanted as far as style. Now there is XHTML and CSS style sheets. I'm just now getting used to those two technologies. Been practicing on a site.

Well, unfortunately I had to learn it myself with no help. Reading and learning the coding from on W3Schools website. I started with Basic HTML first, then to Advanced HTML. I then started with XML, finished that, then on to PHP. Finished some of that, and started on SQL. I eventually finished that and started on C and C++ programming. Right now I am doing College courses on Software Engineering and Computer Systems Analyst. I am doing pretty well too. :lol:

I've learned basic HTML coding from my brother but the rest is through reading tutorial from the internet and w3school is my favorite. The first program I've used is the notepad then Frontpage, when my brother told me about dreamweaver since then and until now it still I'm using.

I learned HTML back in '98 as a way of putting my flash movies online. As I created more flash cartoons I learned a little more about HTML and kept the ball rolling. In around 2002-2003 I began to rewrite my knowledge of HTML according to that of web standards and have used standards based design ever since.I initially learned HTML from Dreamweaver, using the WYSIWYG aspect and switching to code view to see what had happened. I am entirely self-taught.

Edited by CitizenErased (see edit history)

I first started using HTML when I got a job for $40,000.00 at a dot com. They were desperate for coders. I quickly learned on the job. This was way back in 2000 though. Then all the dot coms crashed.
Back then we used to use nested tables to deliver what we wanted as far as style. Now there is XHTML and CSS style sheets. I'm just now getting used to those two technologies. Been practicing on a site.

I work with a recently-formed dot com firm and spend quite a bit of time with web technologies. I've noticed that the older (pre-version 8) Internet Explorer browsers have pretty bad support for CSS, so it is very tempting to just create a bunch of tables for the markup. Firefox 2 was a bit of a problem too, but we simply dropped support for it. The most severe bug I've seen with Internet Explorer is when the hotspot for a hyperlink is wayy off - you literally have to click two words to the side of the hyperlink for it to work! I'm glad Microsoft finally decided to put Internet Explorer 8 into the automatic updates.

Regards,
Nitin Reddy

HI, i am intresting in knowing where you began learning html of what inspired you to start learning html. which programs did you use or which progs dyu use?

I learn html from the school classes. When I was in grade 6. I started learning basics of computer that time I was thought by Miss. khima and after I reached to class 8 one male teacher thought us. He started teaching html. He gives me basics of html. That time I feel it very difficult and said that it is very difficult but later on I came to know that it is simplest title. I came to know that by my brother because he had already read html and he was reading or learning php and other c++. I also learn html through my brother He is very smart in web designing. So I have learn html from many place. First I was thought in school level and later by my brother and now I am learning its advance through internet.

i first started learning html 2yrs ago at that time it was type of an alien language to me..it is really difficult to learn any language learning html was the same ..Even when i understood the code working it was very difficult to design sumthing on it, later i worked on adobe dreamweaver it was much better and it to helped me to learn as it is not only a WYSIWG editor but you can see/edit code directly from it.That helped me improve my skills in html ..so i started to design a website at that time also i didnt knew much of it because i was still a newbie but as i carried on working on it ..and later also learned some css and javascript it became a very easy thing to me.Later i also reffered to the ebooks and study material which earlier was a bit too difficult for me ...So as you work to make somthing of the language you are learning instead of just learning it.Also when you start laerning more advanced techniques and examples basic becomes more clear.

I started out as a little 12 year old that wanted to learn more PC stuff so my parents hired me a teacher that after 3 years tought me PH, HTML and Photoshop all togetheri dont know where i would have been without that dude right now :)