xisto Community
djleli

where did you learn html from?

i downloaded a good tutorial from the net.You can either go on yahoo and search for html tutorial & script websites, or you could just go to your local bookstore (barnes & nobles) and buy books about it. It's cheap and very easy to understand.

Heh, maybe I'm getting old or I'm already old but when I learned HTML there was no such thing as WYSIWYG editors like frontpage. Everything was done in text editors and you just coded.Now though, I use the WYSIWYG editors because it is much easier to create tables and stuff when you can see what you're doing! But, I still go into the code and tweak it often because those WYSIWYG editors don't always work the way you want it to.

I learned it by readind my cousin's HTML book, we don't have internet connection the so I relied on mostly on that book. after a year I checked the book again and realised how basic the contents are. I wondered how I learned from that book. hehehe but at least it was a good start. I went thought those "Hello World" examples. lolz

Well,my big bro used to design web site for companies,i keep looking at he was doing i thought it was very boring and confusingthen one day i started doing my self, i really loved it,i asked my brother for help, he helped me alot but then i started buying books , the best i readed wasHTML 4.0 FOR DUMMIES, it was great i learned alot from those booksnow i know every single thing about html and web designingi created my site my self with-out any software, with pure html knowledgein NOTEPAD, i really dont like using any softwares to make or edit a siteit really confuses me , take one note from me softwares never put every thing correctly as you wished, and even if it did, if you are like me doing every thing by your self , you would be confused how it was doingand taging and nesting every thing, i only use graphic softwaresfor pictures and other graphic needs, its been 4 year since i have been designingsites, i have earned a lot of skills, i have won lots of awardsi have several websites for leading companies in pakistan, some other countriesi have skills with Html, Dhtml, Xml, JavaScript, Flash, Qbasicif you guyz need any help from me, i will be glad to helpthank you

Im really new at HTML and stuff does anyone have advice where I should learn it ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well Wesbo

the first thing i recommend you to do is get out of the house

goto to your nearest book store and buy the book labeled

HTML 4.0 FOR DUMMIES the easiest book for you to start off

then as you start reading the book try practicing it in your windows notepad

you will get the details in the book, but remember dont read today and then

again the next week , read it daily or maybe on hourly bases,

you'll learn faster and better, it'll stay in your mind longer

tell me if these tips helped you. :)

At first i started messin with the internet i was using msn groups. so there was no need to learn html. then my isp started hosting websites so i kinda learned it through msn groups and developed it through random websites... i know a lot now and i sometimes use dreamweaver mx or so... lately i have just been codin it straight through notepad though.

I start with my teacher and my friends... that was a very happy time.I like HTML so much and nobody can design web better me, hahaha...So i try to learn web design from the famuse websites, that really good!!My web design was made better so much.

i have learned to edit/remove/replace coding from editing my site with mods. i can recognise errors and structers. the only thing i have ever truely coded was a index.html and i have basicly edited alot of other people html coding. all in notepad. im looking to learn html properly but i run windows ME and dreamweaver is not supported on it.. even tho its supported on 98!. dam windows making a useless os

I don't know a whole lot yet, but soon I hope to be able to figure this stuff out more. I suppose building your own page is the best way to get hands on experience huh? I used to do those simple geocities sites several years ago and those were nice and simple enough. But now I figure it should be time to get serious and consider something that i can work more with and hopefully with this, I have found the right one.

Believe it or not I learned html from the neopets.com html guide to make my first website. Then I just kept adding onto my knowledge and then started using html text editors and then WYSIWYG editor like dreamweaver and now I am a multi language computer geek and I can make a fully intergrated webportal out of html. But now I use php and java script, stuff like that. :P