xisto Community
microdude431

What is the size of you HD

My Hard Drive has 37.2 gigs .Its a *looks around cautiously* a Gateway :) Anyways being almost 40gigs, it does the job for me. Although i have been known to use quite a bit of that space, cuz hubby downloaded a peer to peer program. :) We recently go a digital camera and use up quite a bit of space on photos. But even still photots dont take up too much space.

I have 17,3 gb on my hard disk, it not enougth at all, but I think for a standard user it's enougth 40 or 60 gb..... of course if not storing all the movies you had watched two years ago, cause it doesnt make sense! Most of the movies all of us are watching only once, but there are few movies that you watch several times....and if you are not a game maniac!I was programming, now I passed to web-design...and my 17,3 is full of programs!many of them i don't use, but i think if you have 40 or 60 gb it's enougth!

Primary Drive: 120GB

Slave Drive: 20GB

Total Space: 140GB

Primary slave is partitioned into 2 partitions.

Partition 1 (20GB); Used for Windows and programs. 11.9GB Used Currently

Partition 2 (100GB); Used for games/media. 69.3GB Used Currently

-Games; 20.1GB

-mp3's; 13.8GB

-Videos (mainly short clips from humour sites/but some full length skateboarding movies including the CKY series and others); 15.9GB

-A few DVD movies Currently stored on that drive ready to be burnt; 11.7GB

Slave drive is used for temporary storing, and sharing files on our network.

-Currently holds the entire first season of The OC; 8.88GB Used

I use a Maxtor 60 GB hard drive (7200 rpm). Works great so far but I've already filled up almost 50 GB. I also have a Western Digital Caviar 36400 6 GB hard drive that crashed on me a few years ago--maybe one day when I have time, I'll try to recover the files on it.

Now I've two systems with 80GBx2=160GB on Raid 1 (Disk Mirroring) - so in effect 320GB and my own workstation with 120Gigs. I'm actively trying to setup a linux cluster so that I can use all these resources as one uniform huge hard filesystem.

hehe, i have 160GB but its not enough :P its soo silent and for the most users big enough but for me... i think i will buy another one! but perhaps my problem is that i install all somftware i have to use and dont wanna uninstall them when i dont need it anymore.. im always thinking.. hmm perhaps i will need it again..i collect all the software, cause when i reinstall windows, i just erase windows, and let the programs on my pc! :P its a good thing to have partitions :P

i still got a 10gb hard drive still willing to get a bigger storage! struggling to install some games applications and plenty of music. i probably have to backup most of my things to make way for new stuff! i also have to reformat the pc every half a year to make loads of space out of the downloaded junk. just done it a couple of weeks ago and made about..... 3gb worth of space. thats alot to me! :P